• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Sat in my ladder next to bedding area dark to dark. Had a little forky come in to 10 yards at 10:30 and then at 3:15 had a monster 10-12 glide out of the bedding area in the rain, turned north instead of coming down the trail in front of me. Tried can, grunt and got him turned around but he wouldn't come in tall and wide 160+ he slowly walked off to the north and then 15: min later a 6 came out at the same spot and 15 min after that a tall 8. All would not respond to the can or grunt and all followed same trail away from me. I'm headed back in with a climber to try and get set up for a shot on that trail. Real thicket cedars, hedgeapple and honey suckle bushes all covered in grape vines. Everybody stay warm the next few days.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    3 days into a sinus infection (2nd one in 2 months). Feeling a lot better today but this is not what I had planned for vacation. Still haven't sighted in the 450 yet. Starting to regret not doing that when I had the chance.

SeaseFire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Plainfield
    Thought for sure with the cold front and weather coming in that yesterday would have been decent. I'll admit I got out to my stand a little late, but didn't see anything other than a dozen squirrels and a raccoon. Looking like I won't be able to get back out until Friday, so one last chance to nab a buck with my bow before switching to my firearm Saturday morning.

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I had 2 rabbits come in right at dark. If they weren't so little I'd have brought one home to add to my squirrel for this week's harvest. ;-)
    No deer though.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Success! sort of. Yesterday I was out in the morning and about 15 minutes before I could see clearly a deer (presumed) walked along on the other side of my tree line further obscuring my view. It looked at me for a good 5 minutes and walked off. I'm assuming it was a deer because it was pretty tall. I was unsure if I had been made so I moved to a different spot today. Only about 30 yards away, but into the tree line that the deer was behind yesterday.

So I woke up this morning with a good lucky feeling despite the 28 degree temperature. No wind. not a puff. Deer would be moving. I wouldn't be stinking the place up.... On the other hand I think my estrus froze and there wasn't any wind to carry it either. I called and rattled hard and was about to give up when I looked left and two does had magically appeared in my KZ. Once again staring directly at me. I sat as still as I could and tried to decide whether to take one or wait for a buck. The larger one then turned broadside to me and looked in the opposite direction. I considered this a sign from God, and I put an arrow into her.

I heard the impact and she flinched and took off running. She didn't seem to be slowed at all and this was disappointing, because I began to question my shot placement. It was only 35 yards, but stranger things have happened. I now have a new record for the distance I have had to track a deer. She ran along my property/tree line and I lost her. At this point I'm really concerned that my shot was less than adequate and that she dipped through the trees and took off into the neighbors corn field. Fortunately, When I went back to my Jeep, I saw her lying against the "snow" inside the trees. She made it about 75 yards. Maybe 80. I watched her for a few minutes and then went to check her since she did not appear to be moving.

The arrow went through both lungs.
    attachment.php

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Went out to a stand that's we have been so a lot of traffic on the cameras. First when I drove on( my sisters house) I saw a 130 class 8 pointer in the food plot next to the drive way, my excitement went through the roof to see a nice buck out in the open so early in the afternoon. Then I wasn't in the stand for a minute before a 150 class buck chased a doe by a 40 yards but nothing I did could get him to stop. Less than 5 minutes later a buck of the same size followed the same trail and same story with him. The rest of the evening was filled with random passing of does. No shots but a great night.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Here is something other than deer. About 2 weeks ago Sydney said to me "Dad, I think I want to try to shoot a goose." Now she has been going goose hunting with me since she was 4 years old, but this is the first time that she has ever said that she wants to try shooting (of course I have offered before). I said "then let's do it". I took her out to one of my favorite fields a couple weekends ago and we had an incredible hunt. She shot her first limit of geese. I also shot my geese and a couple ducks as well. Sydney did great. Several misses, but she connected on three fine birds each at about 10 yards and all on the wing (no ground pounding occurred). Needless to say she was pretty excited and I was very proud of her.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    seen a nice buck last night out about 80yds he wouldn't respond to any type of call or rattling. he would look my way but wouldn't commit. I did take a big doe!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've gotten three rabbits in the last 2 days. Getting pumped for the start of my deer season saturday morning (not so much for working 6/7 evenings of opening week of firearms...) Definitely getting a bow for next year. :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Big pop in shoulder at work last night, and just got off the range rezeroing my .35 Rem TC carbine.
    Now out to flip some from the Blackwidow. Am pretty dang sore (this getting old stuff is really starting to suck).

It'll be an ibuprofin bowhunt tomorrow.

Top Bottom