• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You should've said the egotistical prats with donut powder on their shirts ;)

powder.jpg

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    It's easy to say all the "I would have said" and "I would have done this..." comments. But when you're in that situation, with 25 people staring at you, it's uncomforting to try and push back like that.

you need to learn how to not give a ****. i bet you were sweating like the guy in your avatar wern't you? is this your first encounter while OCing? just learn to relax and stay calm. "i do not consent to a search" remember that, if you just walked in minding your own business they have no right to take your firearms once you supply a LTCH, although you didnt have yours, make sure you have it next time and get you DL taken care of.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's easy to say all the "I would have said" and "I would have done this..." comments. But when you're in that situation, with 25 people staring at you, it's uncomforting to try and push back like that.

You did fine.
    You weren't jailed or beaten.
    Consider this more of an AAR, a critique.
    When something in your life happens like this, you have to have an honest evaluation of what can be done better. Doesn't mean you messed up. But there's always room for improvement.

Oh, and you still have your job, there's that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Yup. You're at a big advantage w/o you pink slip and a bad DL. You did right by not escalating the situation. Now, call and talk to a supervisor and get those douchebags chewed out by someone they'll listen to!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    you need to learn how to not give a ****. i bet you were sweating like the guy in your avatar wern't you? is this your first encounter while OCing? just learn to relax and stay calm. "i do not consent to a search" remember that, if you just walked in minding your own business they have no right to take your firearms once you supply a LTCH, although you didnt have yours, make sure you have it next time and get you DL taken care of.

Agreed, but first he should probably learn to do it right. OCing, not carrying LTCH, and with a suspended license. Sorry, but that's a recipe for fail.

ETA: "fail" is probably too strong. It's a recipe for interactions that will be less pleasant and less productive, in terms of education, than they could have been.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    On another note... why do you get all the attention? I was also OC today at a Subway (71st and I-465) and no one said a word.

You did fine, BTW. The LEOs seemed to follow their SOP. Wish it was different.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    You handled the situation well enough and thanks for sharing your experience here. Did you happen to get their names? You might consider posting their names here so they can be famous aholes. Also, you might want to go back and get a copy of the security video, if the manager is willing. It would be entertaining for all of us to watch. You did well, probably better than I would have. You are wiser and more prepared for the next encounter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    During this time, the officer on the radio asked me if I've taken any classes. I said I have not, as it isn't required in IN. He said "Does that make you proud? Carrying this around like that? Are you proud of that?"

If someone asks if you are a god, you say, 'yes!'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4I4OCgVAv8[/ame]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nice and fresh incident, about 10 min ago.

Now I'm at work.

No offense, but it sure seems like trouble follows you. Haven't you in the past posted of getting your gun grabbed by employees at Walmart and getting pulled over after drinking?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You handled the situation well enough and thanks for sharing your experience here. Did you happen to get their names? You might consider posting their names here so they can be famous aholes. Also, you might want to go back and get a copy of the security video, if the manager is willing. It would be entertaining for all of us to watch. You did well, probably better than I would have. You are wiser and more prepared for the next encounter.

Eh.
    Not like they were Officer Maxey level of stupidity.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good advice for OCers is to have your **** together. Go to myBMV.com and you can see your driving record.

Same thing happened to me but reversed, driving then they saw the gun.

Learn from it and move on, give their boss a jingle about unholstering a firearm in a crowded room and let it go. And even though it isn't strictly required by the IC anymore its always a good idea to carry your LTCH so you can stop bull**** like this before it starts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom