• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I'm looking at getting one of these for the family for Christmas. I can see plusses to both. We already have a PS4. Both are priced the same right now. The Oculus can be taken anywhere. But it's catalog is much smaller and it's games seem simple in comparison. But, the PSVR requires I be in the same room as the PS4 and using it at the time. So I couldn't play it while my wife watched netflix or Hulu. Any thoughts?

Jason

thindman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Indy
    Personally I would go with the PSVR. I think with the backing of PS4 more games will roll out faster than on the Oculus platform. We have the Oculus Rift at work and it’s fun to play but the catalog is definitely limited and in my opinion if you play a lot you’ll run through games much faster. My two cents.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    The one issue I didn't think of, but just did is that we use the PS4 for netflix, hulu, youtube. We don't have cable or antenna. So if one of us is using the VRE, then no one else can use the tv. That might be a hangup. Blarg.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I enjoyed my PSVR set-up while I had it. It is pretty fun, though the tracking wasn't rock steady and didn't feel great in the beginning. It has a ton of great games at the moment and is worth the purchase. I have an Oculus rift now and use it a lot more. However, I have not tried the go.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The one issue I didn't think of, but just did is that we use the PS4 for netflix, hulu, youtube. We don't have cable or antenna. So if one of us is using the VRE, then no one else can use the tv. That might be a hangup. Blarg.

You can add a Roku so that the PS is freed up. They are as cheap as $30.

Top Bottom