• Status
    Not open for further replies.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    15 years ago I stood up to a fine Indianapolis police officer for disrespect to a passenger in my car and it cost me over 3 grand to get out of it. After I spent the night in the outstanding Marion county lockup for disorderly conduct. Choose your words wisely. (Charges were dropped.)

62chevyimpala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I think police officers have a hard enough job without adding to it. Telling an officer to "pound" sand is never a good idea. Unfortunately because firearms are as polarizing as they are we as firearm owners have to take the high road. Getting confrontational makes us all look like jack-offs. Yes we have a right to carry. When an officer is trying to clear the situation...cooperate and be on your way. If the officer abuses his/her power then report, sue, whatever and move on.

^^^^^ This. Over and over, this!

Challenging a LEO's authority is not the way to go. Even though simply stating your rights is only keeping their authority in check, it's going to be percieved differently.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Challenging a LEO's authority is not the way to go. Even though simply stating your rights is only keeping their authority in check, it's going to be percieved differently.

They only have that authority when a crime has been commited. Just putting on a badge and spending 4 months at NILEA or ILEA doesn't give them any power over another citizen that is abiding by the law. I asked a cop the other day if he was inforcing the law or breaking it while being parked in a No Parking fire zone. I than took a picture of his car parked in front of rhe sign while he was in the building (parked) and sent it with a letter to his police chief. He now parks in a parking spot. I agree that LEOs have a dangerous job and deserve some perks, but enforcing the law does NOT give you power to act ABOVE the law. They are all US citizens and must obey the same laws we do.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I call shenanigans. I think this was shady the whole way thru. 1) is it SOP for the Chief to show up in an instance where no laws were broken? 2) I heard all chicks from Oklahoma are a little crazy and probably shouldn't be armed 3) WHEN have you EVER met a guy who had his lady carry but he didn't?
    I could go on but it just seems like a set up all the way around.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree in general that the people going around making these videos are not helping our cause.

I don't like how the cop perp walked them out of the store though and demanded they stand off to the side while he ran their ID's.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

That's where you are off. They have no "authority" unless they suspect you of committing a crime. You don't have to tell them to pound sand, but you can inform them that you are aware of your rights and that you plan on exercising them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I call shenanigans. I think this was shady the whole way thru. 1) is it SOP for the Chief to show up in an instance where no laws were broken? 2) I heard all chicks from Oklahoma are a little crazy and probably shouldn't be armed 3) WHEN have you EVER met a guy who had his lady carry but he didn't?
    I could go on but it just seems like a set up all the way around.

Shenanigans? I doubt they were playing a joke. Testing they local officers and the system to be sure that they are aware of us mere citizens rights intentionally maybe, but again, that's not illegal.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Challenging a LEO's authority is not the way to go. Even though simply stating your rights is only keeping their authority in check, it's going to be percieved differently.

The stern repeated requests in this case was simply a power play masquerading as authority.

If the mere fact that I would retain rather than waive my rights to ignore such unwarranted requests is somehow perceived as challenging, then it has become all the more necessary to do so.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    then it has become all the more necessary to do so.

THIS times 1000. those who will not stand up for their rights do not deserve them. Unfortunately at some point in this country the majority stopped fighting for the small liberties leaving a very small minority of us to do it for them.

after all whats the point of having rights and liberties if you are not going to use them?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Ingo, much like our govt, seems to be increasingly overwhelmed with sissy's.

Everyone just remain clam and hand over your papers. Don't go being the cause of someone's bad day. Clearly making sure the LEOs have a good day trumps constitutional rights! Just RESPECT THE AUTHORITI! Someone nailed it, Straight shenanigans in this thread.

Few of you guys need to grow a pair. P.s. Insert purple where applicable.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    call me a sissy to my face sometime, name the place. I doubt you will do it twice.

:scared: You're clearly a real tough nuts. Also, bear in mind the internet removes all intimidation so you've failed. I still won't bother, however. I'll just wait until you post up here the occasion here you folded to a badge, having committed no crime nor suspect of one. What you've stated in this thread is your own admission of my definition of a sissy. You keep tough guy'n on though. It's working well so far!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Hahahaha! Wow!!! It's the internet guy, settle down, your "alpha male" is still intact. Please refrain from additional Pm's lest you be the first person over in 3 years to make my ignore list.

PM:
    anytime
    name the date and time and then tell me what a sissy I am, if you show.

^^ Really. I literally just spit my drink out!

i just got "Yeager dueled" didn't I?!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    lighten-up-frances_t268.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    At this point arguing seems lost with you on this topic, but I have both refused to hand over my ID and on a separate occasion refused to hand over my weapon. Neither ended in my arrest. Granted on both these occasions the LEO in question (different each time) was being quite courteous and as a result so was I. I just spoke with manners and sense and no trouble followed. It's actually not that hard. Some cops will ask for information or things they know they can't demand. You are ALLOWED to refuse. You have that right. I'm certain, I've taken an oath to defend it several times over the years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom