• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Obama to Cede US Sovereignty in December

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40"]YouTube - Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty[/ame]

On October 14, Lord Christopher Monckton, a noted climate change skeptic, gave a presentation at Bethel University in St. Paul, MN. In this 4 minute excerpt from his speech, he issues a dire warning to all Americans regarding the United Nations Climate Change Treaty, scheduled to be signed in Copenhagen in December 2009.

Lord Monckton served as a policy adviser to Margaret Thatcher. He has repeatedly challenged Al Gore to a debate, which Gore has refused. Monckton sued to stop Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" from being shown in British schools due to its inaccuracies. The judge found in favor of Monckton, ordering 9 serious errors in the film to be corrected. Lord Monckton travels internationally in an attempt to educate the public about the myth of global warming.

Eleventh hour, at the fifty-ninth minute and fifty-ninth second - OBAMA POISED TO CEDE US SOVEREIGNTY, CLAIMS BRITISH LORD (repub X)

The Minnesota Free Market Institute hosted an event at Bethel University in St. Paul on Wednesday evening. Keynote speaker Lord Christopher Monckton, former science adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, gave a scathing and lengthy presentation, complete with detailed charts, graphs, facts, and figures which culminated in the utter decimation of both the pop culture concept of global warming and the credible threat of any significant anthropomorphic climate change.

A detailed summary of Monckton’s presentation will be available here once compiled. However, a segment of his remarks justify immediate publication. If credible, the concern Monckton speaks to may well prove the single most important issue facing the American nation, bigger than health care, bigger than cap and trade, and worth every citizen’s focused attention.

Here were Monckton’s closing remarks, as dictated from my audio recording:

At [the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in] Copenhagen, this December, weeks away, a treaty will be signed. Your president will sign it. Most of the third world countries will sign it, because they think they’re going to get money out of it. Most of the left-wing regime from the European Union will rubber stamp it. Virtually nobody won’t sign it.

I read that treaty. And what it says is this, that a world government is going to be created. The word “government” actually appears as the first of three purposes of the new entity. The second purpose is the transfer of wealth from the countries of the West to third world countries, in satisfication of what is called, coyly, “climate debt” – because we’ve been burning CO2 and they haven’t. We’ve been screwing up the climate and they haven’t. And the third purpose of this new entity, this government, is enforcement.

How many of you think that the word “election” or “democracy” or “vote” or “ballot” occurs anywhere in the 200 pages of that treaty? Quite right, it doesn’t appear once. So, at last, the communists who piled out of the Berlin Wall and into the environmental movement, who took over Greenpeace so that my friends who funded it left within a year, because [the communists] captured it – Now the apotheosis as at hand. They are about to impose a communist world government on the world. You have a president who has very strong sympathies with that point of view. He’s going to sign it. He’ll sign anything. He’s a Nobel Peace Prize [winner]; of course he’ll sign it.

[laughter]

And the trouble is this; if that treaty is signed, your Constitution says that it takes precedence over your Constitution, and you can’t resign from that treaty unless you get agreement from all the other state parties – And because you’ll be the biggest paying country, they’re not going to let you out of it.

So, thank you, America. You were the beacon of freedom to the world. It is a privilege merely to stand on this soil of freedom while it is still free. But, in the next few weeks, unless you stop it, your president will sign your freedom, your democracy, and your humanity away forever. And neither you nor any subsequent government you may elect will have any power whatsoever to take it back. That is how serious it is. I’ve read the treaty. I’ve seen this stuff about [world] government and climate debt and enforcement. They are going to do this to you whether you like it or not.

But I think it is here, here in your great nation, which I so love and I so admire – it is here that perhaps, at this eleventh hour, at the fifty-ninth minute and fifty-ninth second, you will rise up and you will stop your president from signing that dreadful treaty, that purposeless treaty. For there is no problem with climate and, even if there were, an economic treaty does nothing to [help] it.

So I end by saying to you the words that Winston Churchill addressed to your president in the darkest hour before the dawn of freedom in the Second World War. He quoted from your great poet Longfellow:

Sail on, O Ship of State!
    Sail on, O Union, strong and great!
    Humanity with all its fears,
    With all the hopes of future years,
    Is hanging breathless on thy fate!

------------------------------------- End of Speech -----------Some questions for Lord Monckton-----
    Lord Monckton received a standing ovation and took a series of questions from members of the audience. Among those questions were these relevent to the forthcoming Copenhagen treaty:

Question: The current administration and the Democratic majority in Congress has shown little regard for the will of the people. They’re trying to pass a serious government agenda, and serious taxation and burdens on future generations. And there seems to be little to stop them. How do you propose we stop Obama from doing this, because I see no way to stop him from signing anything in Copenhagen. I believe that’s his agenda and he’ll do it.

Response: I don’t minimize the difficulty. But on this subject – I don’t really do politics, because it’s not right. In the end, your politics is for you. The correct procedure is for you to get onto your representatives, both in the US Senate where the bill has yet to go through (you can try and stop that) and in [the House], and get them to demand their right of audience (which they all have) with the president and tell him about this treaty. There are many very powerful people in this room, wealthy people, influential people. Get onto the media, tell them about this treaty. If they go to Watts Up With That?, they will find (if they look carefully enough) a copy of that treaty, because I arranged for it to be posted there not so long ago. Let them read it, and let the press tell the people that their democracy is about to be taken away for no good purpose, at least [with] no scientific basis [in reference to climate change]. Tell the press to say this. Tell the press to say that, even if there is a problem [with climate change], you don’t want your democracy taken away. It really is as simple as that.

Question: Is it really irrevocable if that treaty is signed? Suppose it’s signed by someone who does not have the authority, as I – I have some, a high degree of skepticism that we do have a valid president there because I know at least one judge who shares your opinion, sir, yes.

I don’t believe it until I see it. … Would [Obama's potential illegitimacy as president] give us a reasonable cause to nullify whatever treaty that he does sign as president?

Response: I would be very careful not to rely on things like that. Although there is a certain amount of doubt whether or not he was born in Hawaii, my fear is it would be very difficult to prove he wasn’t born in Hawaii and therefore we might not be able to get anywhere with that. Besides, once he’s signed that treaty, whether or not he signed it validly, once he’s signed it and ratified it – your Senate ratifies it – you’re bound by it. But I will say one thing; they know, in the White House, that they won’t be able to get the 67 votes in the Senate, the two-thirds majority that your Constitution has stipulated must be achieved in order to ratify a treaty of this kind. However, what they’ve worked out is this – and they actually let it slip during the election campaign, which is how I know about it. They plan to enact that Copenhagen treaty into legislation by a simple majority of both houses. That they can do. But the virtue of that – and here you have a point – is that is, thank God, reversible. So I want you to pray tonight, and pray hard for your Senate that they utterly refuse to ratify the [new] Treaty of Copenhagen, because if they refuse to ratify it and [Obama] has to push it through as domestic legislation, you can repeal it.

Regardless of whether global warming is taking place or caused to any degree by human activity, we do not want a global government empowered to tax Americans without elected representation or anything analogous to constitutional protections. The Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves if they knew their progeny allowed a foreign power such authority, effectively undoing their every effort in an act of Anti-American Revolution. If that is our imminent course, we need to put all else on hold and focus on stopping it. If American sovereignty is ceded, all other debate is irrelevant.

Verifying the treaty clauses Mockton made reference to:

Skimming through the treaty, I came across verification of Monckton’s assessment of the new entity’s purpose:

38. The scheme for the new institutional arrangement under the Convention will be based on three basic pillars: government; facilitative mechanism; and financial mechanism, and the basic organization of which will include the following:

World Government (heading added)
    (a) The government will be ruled by the COP with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate.

To Redistribute Wealth (heading added)
    b) The Convention’s financial mechanism will include a multilateral climate change fund including five windows: (a) an Adaptation window, (b) a Compensation window, to address loss and damage from climate change impacts [read: the "climate debt" Monckton refers to], including insurance, rehabilitation and compensatory components, © a Technology window; (d) a Mitigation window; and (e) a REDD window, to support a multi-phases process for positive forest incentives relating to REDD actions.

With Enforcement Authority (heading added)
    © The Convention’s facilitative mechanism will include: (a) work programmes for adaptation and mitigation; (b) a long-term REDD process; © a short-term technology action plan; (d) an expert group on adaptation established by the subsidiary body on adaptation, and expert groups on mitigation, technologies and on monitoring, reporting and verification; and (e) an international registry for the monitoring, reporting and verification of compliance of emission reduction commitments, and the transfer of technical and financial resources from developed countries to developing countries. The secretariat will provide technical and administrative support, including a new centre for information exchange [read; enforcement].

I urge all Atlas readers immediately to contact your congressman NOW AND DEMAND that they do the job they were elected to do, keep America safe and protect her from her enemies, even if that enemy is in the White House.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Inconvenient Truth, just another con by the Democrat party.

"I read that treaty. And what it says is this, that a world government is going to be created."

Watch the sheep being led to slaughter. Now people are starting to get concerned, tea parties etc. The time to be concerned and the time to take action was when Dirty Bill was in office. Its too late now...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Any Representative of the People of these United States should be tried for treason if they vote to ever cede our sovereignty to the United Nations or any other organization. They pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. I see this as a direct attack on that same Constitution.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Sounds like BS to me. Needs to be independently verified from a variety of sources. And, what makes him a Climate Change Expert? It has always amazed me how people think a British accent is a sign of intelligence and a Southern accent is a sign of stupidity. Anyways, I think this is probably BS and is just another case of trolling.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sounds like BS to me. Needs to be independently verified from a variety of sources. And, what makes him a Climate Change Expert? It has always amazed me how people think a British accent is a sign of intelligence and a Southern accent is a sign of stupidity. Anyways, I think this is probably BS and is just another case of trolling.

:laugh:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

Perhaps you should explain the end of this post. Are you saying that 4Sarge, one of the most beloved members on INGO, is a troll?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Really? And what makes that clown Al Gore a climate expert? One to receive awards and to make a film to "to bring to our attention" the crisis?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Flashback April 2009: Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

Thursday, April 23, 2009By Marc MoranoClimate Depot
    'House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated'
    Climate Depot Exclusive - Updated

Washington, DC -- UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at a high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depotthat the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.
    “The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”
    According to Monckton, Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), Ranking Member on the Energy & Commerce Committee, had invited him to go head to head with Gore and testify at the hearing on Capitol Hill Friday. But Monckton now says that when his airplane from London landed in the U.S. on Thursday, he was informed that the former Vice-President had “chickened out” and there would be no joint appearance. Gore is scheduled to testify on Friday to the Subcommittee on Energy and the Environment's fourth day of hearings on the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. The hearing will be held in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.
    According to Monckton, House Democrats told the Republican committee staff earlier this week that they would be putting forward an unnamed 'celebrity' as their star witness Friday at a multi-panel climate hearing examining the House global warming bill. The "celebrity" witness turned out to be Gore. Monckton said the GOP replied they would respond to the Democrats' "celebrity" with an unnamed "celebrity" of their own. But Monckton claims that when the Democrats were told who the GOP witness would be, they refused to allow him to testify alongside Gore.
    [ Update: 1:55 PM EST: A GOP House source told Climate Depot that the Democrats on the Committee said “absolutely not” to allowing Monckton to appear during today's Gore hearing. The GOP committee “pushed at multiple levels” to bring Monckton in to testify but the Democrats “refused,” according to the GOP source. Former GOP House Speaker Newt Gingrich was called in to testify after Monckton was rejected by the committee Democrats, according to the Congressional source.]
    “The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the US Constitution. Congress Henry Waxman's (D-CA) refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear,” Monckton said from the airport Thursday evening.
    “Waxman knows there has been no 'global warming' for at least a decade. Waxman knows there has been seven and a half years' global cooling. Waxman knows that, in the words of the UK High Court judge who condemned Gore's mawkish movie as materially, seriously, serially inaccurate, 'the Armageddon scenario that he depicts is not based on any scientific view,'” Monckton explained. Monckton has previously testified before the House Committee in March. (See: Monckton: Have the courage to do nothing...US Congress told climate change is not real ) Monckton has also publicly challenged Gore to a debate. (See: Al Gore Challenged to International TV Debate on Global Warming By Lord Monckton - March 19, 2007 )
    A call to the Democratic office of the House Energy and Commerce Committee seeking comment was not immediately returned Thursday night.

Related Links:
    More Than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
    NASA's James Hansen: Skepticism 'can confuse the public'
    Monckton's Report: 35 Inconvenient Truths: The errors in Al Gore's movie
    Monckton: Have the courage to do nothing...US Congress told climate change is not real
    Monckton's Letter to Representatives Ed Markey & Joe Barton - March 30, 2009
    Al Gore Challenged to International TV Debate on Global Warming By Lord Monckton - March 19, 2007
    Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear Winners Against Global Warming Believers in Heated NYC Debate – March 16, 2007
    Lord Monckton Declared Victor in Global Warming Debate – By His Opponent! – August 19, 2008
    Debate Over Whether 'Global Warming is a Global Crisis' – March 6, 2009
    Climate Depot's Morano debates former Clinton Official Romm - April 6, 2009

Lord Christopher Monckton
    Chief Policy Advisor
    Science and Public Policy Institute
    MoncktonWeb.jpg

Lord Christopher Monckton, Third Viscount Monckton of Brenchley, is chief policy advisor to the Science and Public Policy Institute.
    The eldest son of the 2nd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley, Monckton was educated at Harrow School, Churchill College, Cambridge and University College, Cardiff. He joined the Yorkshire Post in 1974 and then worked as a press officer at the Conservative Central Office from 1977-79.
    In 1979, he became the editor of the Catholic newspaper, The Universe, and then a managing editor of The Sunday Telegraph’s Magazine in 1981. In 1982 he returned to the Conservative offices again, this time as UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s policy advisor, where he served from 1982 to 1986.
    While at 10 Downing Street, Lord Monckton gave policy advice on technical issues such as warship hydrodynamics (his work led to his appointment as the youngest Trustee of the Hales Trophy for the Blue Riband of the Atlantic), psephological modeling (predicting the result of the 1983 General Election to within one seat), embryological research, hydrogeology (leading to the award of major financial assistance to a Commonwealth country for the construction of a very successful hydroelectric scheme), public-service investment analysis(leading to savings of tens of billions of pounds), public welfare modeling (his model of the UK tax and benefit system was, at the time, more detailed than the Treasury’s economic model, and led to a major simplification of the housing benefit system) and epidemiological analysis.
    On leaving 10 Downing Street, Lord Monckton became assistant editor of the newly-formed (and now defunct) newspaper, Today. His final job in journalism was as a consulting editor of the Evening Standard from 1987 -1992.
    Monckton has since been a director of his own specialist consultancy company, giving technical advice to corporations and governments. In 1999, he created the eternity puzzle, a geometric puzzle which involved tiling a dodecagon with 209 irregularly shaped polygons called polydrafters. A £1m prize was won after 18 months. By that time, 500,000 puzzles had been sold. A second puzzle, Eternity II, is to be launched in July 2007, with a prize of $2 million.
    Monckton has been in the news in recent months due to his scepticism of global warming. In November 2006, he published in The Daily Telegraph a widely publicized article critical of the prevailing climate change opinions. After U.S. Senators Rockefeller and Snowe wrote a letter to the Chief Executive Officer of ExxonMobil asking him to stop funding scientists who reject global warming, Lord Monckton wrote a letter to the senators reminding them of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and calling on them to reverse their position or resign. In February 2007, he published an analysis and summary of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report on climate change.

What Lord Monckton Said At Dinner . . .
    Written by Kirsten Lombard Saturday, 17 October 2009 00:31

On Monday, October 12th, I was extremely privileged to spend time with Lord Christopher Monckton and his wife, Lady Juliet Monckton. You never know the unexpected ways in which God will bless you. In passing the evening with this exceptional couple, I was doubly blessed not only by the pleasure of their excellent company but also by their clear insight into matters of great import--matters that have the potential utterly to destroy the sovereignty of the United States. This entry recounts what Lord and Lady Monckton shared with myself and others over the course of a pre-lecture dinner conversation. His Lordship also worked a portion of this information into his talk at the University of Wisconsin-Madison later that evening.

MONCKTON_CD_thumb.jpg
    Lord Monckton is one of the few people who has thorough familiarity with a recently completed draft of the treaty President Obama will sign in Copenhagen in just a matter of weeks. He does not mince words about what he has found in the course of his reading of the document.

The treaty is not just a foot in the door for one-world government. It IS communist, one-world government. And because of the high regard in which our Constitution holds foreign treaties, this document, if ratified by Congress, would supercede the Constitution.

The treaty will, of course, be signed under the banner of coming together internationally to "[COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]save [COLOR=green !important]the [/color][COLOR=green !important]environment[/color][/color][/color]" through the reduction of carbon [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]emissions[/color][/color]. Except, oh dear, cat's out of the bag...[COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]global [COLOR=green !important]warming[/color][/color][/color] is a giant lie.

While Lord Monckton has become one of the most visible and vocal apologists for this fact, he is hardly alone. MANY credible scientists with solidly conducted research to back them up, have revealed the meme of human-caused [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]climate [COLOR=green !important]change[/color][/color][/color] as a complete farce.

With wealth comes a [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]cleaner [COLOR=green !important]environment[/color][/color][/color]. When nations have money and a sense of civic responsibility--such as that present in this nation--they tend to clean up after themelves. Even if global warming, or "climate change," were a reality, the United States and other Western nations could never, in honesty, be called the world's most egregious polluters (I'm sure we all have an awareness of who would be on that list). Except, that's exactly how this treaty labels us. And in so labeling, not only does it attempt to rob us of our sovereignty, it also wants to drain us of our wealth via a huge reparations scam. As the "big polluters," we will be forced to pay a substantial portion of our GDP to the Third World for "ruining the environment." If we do not pony up, we will be subject to even heavier penalties under international law. As I understand it from Lord Monckton, the treaty implements its chains very cleverly and on many levels. It will bind us more closely, for example, to other organizations of dubious reputation and merit such as the UN, the IMF, and the World Bank. We will be surrounded and pinned.
    We have all watched redistribution of wealth occurring on an international scale for some time now. TARP involved the transfer of billions of dollars to other nations. But this treaty would RATIONALIZE, INSTITUTIONALIZE, and ACCELERATE the redistribution.

To be abundantly clear, the American people will have no voice or say in this matter--or likely many others--once the treaty is signed. Lord Monckton expressed very frankly that the words democracy, electorate, and voting are conspicuously absent from the treaty language. This document is intended to make America powerless and poor.

THE COPENHAGEN TREATY MUST NOT BE RATIFIED!!!

The Copenhagen conference is scheduled for early December. We have only a few short weeks to educate our fellow Americans and make a very loud noise to our wily legislators so that they do not end up enslaving us through a foolish or underhanded vote against U.S. sovereignty.
    The best place to start is to become familiar with the content of the treaty draft itself, which you can find here.

Also, arm yourself with facts on the matter of climate change. Lord Monckton is, of course, an excellent source. Many organizations, such as the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) and Americans for Prosperity (AFP) frequently offer free copies of Monckton's 2007 video, Apocalypse? No! The video doesn't contain all the most recent damning science, but it's an excellent start. His Lordship is very engaging. You won't be bored.

You can also view Lord Monckton's October 14th, 2009 lecture at Bethel College in St. Paul, MN here.

Or read the text of one of his lectures here.

Glenn Beck's Arguing with Idiots also contains some well-constructed, pithy arguments against the climate change lie. If you haven't picked up a copy, I recommend it. Marvelous tool.

As we are reading, let us also be passing this information on to everyone else we can lay hands on...including well-meaning but misguided greenies. Not all of them are hard-core idealogues. If those who are simply misguided could see where this will take us--the crushing cost to our freedom and our finances--they might begin to take a different view of what they have been told is best for them--indeed, what is "best" all of us.

There is much we can do. Let us work together...as quickly and as effectively as we can.
    One team, one goal: Stop the Madness.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Perhaps you should explain the end of this post. Are you saying that 4Sarge, one of the most beloved members on INGO, is a troll?

Thanks for the kind words but being called a Troll by a 30 year old self proclaimed drunkard (per his INGO Profile) doesn't hurt my feelings, I'm a firm believer in the sticks and stones philosophy ;)

About spartan933
    Biography I'm the guy that looks like a liberal, but isn't. That's my trick.
    Location Hammond, Lake County
    Interests Reading. Baseball. Football. Guns. Alcohol. Music. Movies. Video Games.
    Just a normal guy.
    Occupation Drunkard
    Real Name Andrew
    ~

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    who cares if this guy is an expert or not. Does the treaty exist? Even if global warming does exist it is treason to sign over all our rights and our constitution.

bm9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow such hostility sounds like a true believer to me and probable Gore and Obama lover.

I think our friend Spartan is an Obama and Gore lover keep your eyes closed buddy and all your rights will be gone especially our beloved second amendment.

Sounds like our friend Spartan is a liberal he seems to think he's one of the enlightened ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Another source for this info:
    Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty in Copenhagen, Claims British Lord Monckton Watts Up With That?

Letter to Obama (for all the good it will do):

I am very concerned about the recent news regarding the Copenhagen Treaty. President Obama, you were elected to be the President of the United States and to protect US interests. Ceding sovereignty of the US to a treaty that expressly states its purpose is to create a world government is not, and cannot serve that purpose.

It simply does not matter what other good this treaty is supposed to do. The ceding of US Sovereignty to any power is simply unacceptable.

Do not sign this treaty. If you simply must take some of the actions this treaty is intended to deal with, then do so in other ways. US Sovereignty must remain inviolate.
    To Lugar and Bayh (Bayh is up for reelection next year so maybe....):
    I am very concerned about the recent news regarding the Copenhagen Treaty. President Obama was elected to be the President of the United States and to protect US interests, as were you in the Senate. Ceding sovereignty of the US to a treaty that expressly states its purpose is to create a world government is not, and cannot serve that purpose.

It simply does not matter what other good this treaty is supposed to do. The ceding of US Sovereignty to any power is simply unacceptable.

If the President signs this treaty, do not ratify it. If the US simply must take some of the actions this treaty is intended to deal with, then do so in other ways. US Sovereignty must remain inviolate.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So if Lord Snot has read the treaty in question, is it available for anyone else to read it?

I would like to read it myself before thinking the end is neigh.

181 bleeding pages! ok here it is pdf

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008

FWIW, I read this to say the the rotten toothed Limey is the troll, not the Sarge. :dunno:

p.s I'm usually wrong and IBTL..:):

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So if Lord Snot has read the treaty in question, is it available for anyone else to read it?

I would like to read it myself before thinking the end is neigh.

181 bleeding pages! ok here it is pdf

Looking forward to the cliff's notes / book report review.

I've got about that much reading to do to study for a Working Capital Management Exam, so I'll let you do the heavy lifting and I'll just listen to your conclusions. :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just read through this treaty and see nothing about Obama ceding the sovereignty of the United States. I read this document as stating that the included parties agree to commit to climate change reduction techniques and to providing funds toward a common "pot" in order to provide incentives to developing countries to also commit to these techniques. While I don't agree with this treaty in regards to the U.S. making unnecessary commitments and providing funds toward other nations, I don't see anything that talks about a single world government. The quote posted in the OP is referring to "government" as simply a governing body for this committee, not as an all-powerful, single world government. Again, I don't agree with the U.S. committing to this plan, but it hardly means we're ceding our sovereignty. I think you have to make quite a leap to come to that conclusion from this document.

(a) The government (governing body of the committee) will be ruled by the COP (Convention of Parties, i.e US, UK, France, etc.) with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate. The rest is simply explaining how the committee will be structured.

Pump the brakes...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the brief jsharmon.
    There is nooo way I'm printing that out, and I can't stand to read more than a few pages (on screen) at a time.
    So I'll read it whenever. I have a whole month and a half according to Lord Mintcake.

Maybe he's drawing some likely conclusion as to where this treaty will lead. Or maybe he was just trying to be dramatically English, and scare the daylights out of some northern minnasota kids whilst feeling Englishly superior.

Top Bottom