• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Obama: Islam is not to blame for global jihad. The First Amendment, Second Amendment and Climate Change are to blame. (And GWB is responsible for ISIS, natch):

Obama Links Jihad To Global Warming And Second Amendment | Daily Wire

Full text here:

https://medium.com/@WhiteHouse/pres...-the-last-eight-years-b8a7c55cb422#.cs0f3hdih

Climate Change:

Now, to say that we’ve made progress is not to say that the job is done. We know that a deadly threat persists. We know that in some form this violent extremism will be with us for years to come. In too many parts of the world, especially in the Middle East, there has been a breakdown of order that’s been building for decades, and it’s unleashed forces that are going to take a generation to resolve. Long-term corruption has rotted too many nation-states from within. Governance is collapsing. Sectarian conflicts rage. A changing climate is increasing competition for food and water. (Applause.) And false prophets are peddling a vision of Islam that is irreconcilable with tolerance and modernity and basic science. And in fact, every one of these trends is at play inside of Syria today.

First Amendment:

So while we’ve made it much more difficult — you have made it much more difficult — to carry out an attack approaching the scale of 9/11, the threat will endure. We will not achieve the kind of clearly defined victory comparable to those that we won in previous wars against nations. We won’t have a scene of the Emperor of Japan and Douglas MacArthur in a surrender. And the reason we won’t have that is because technology makes it impossible to completely shield impressionable minds from violent ideologies.

Second Amendment:

And somebody who is trying to kill and willing to be killed is dangerous, particularly when we live in a country where it’s very easy for that person to buy a very powerful weapon.

But, most certainly, NOT Islam:

We are fighting terrorists who claim to fight on behalf of Islam. But they do not speak for over a billion Muslims around the world, and they do not speak for American Muslims, including many who wear the uniform of the United States of America’s military. (Applause.)

This man can't leave office soon enough.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [FONT=&quot]dabney [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 16 hours ago[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maybe in his next speech, Obama can address why climate, 2nd Amendment, and free speech don't seem to affect other peoples the way they affect Muslim radicals.

[/FONT]

P.S. hoping I never ever ever have to hear the term "ISIL" ever again after Jan 20.

QFT

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Obama is a disgusting piece of crap and I cannot wait for him to board that helicopter and fly away.

The silver lining to the dark cloud of the last eight years is showing now, though. The Democrat party has been severely diminished thanks to him.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Obama is entitled to his opinion on whom to blame.
    I am entitled to mine.

He forgets, this IS America where we can have our own free thoughts and express them!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Forty four days and the clown will be gone!!! Think I'll go to a good restaurant January 20 and have a relaxing, expensive meal to celebrate. The media will no doubt continue to bombard us with trash about his legacy and how he is leaving Trump a problem free government due to his wonderful leadership.

While I wouldn't walk across the street to see him, I imagine he looks forward to cleaning up giving BS speeches to individuals unable to think.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Forty four days and the clown will be gone!!! Think I'll go to a good restaurant January 20 and have a relaxing, expensive meal to celebrate. The media will no doubt continue to bombard us with trash about his legacy and how he is leaving Trump a problem free government due to his wonderful leadership.

While I wouldn't walk across the street to see him, I imagine he looks forward to cleaning up giving BS speeches to individuals unable to think.

Taking notes from hitlary for the obama foundation.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Population growth in the developing world will increase opportunities for instability, radicalism, and extremism. Populations of some less-developed countries will almost double by 2020, most notably inAfrica, the Middle East, and South and Southeast Asia. The youth bulge created by this growth will be vulnerable to antigovernment and radical ideologies, worsening governance challenges. Middle classpopulations will grow as well. They will demand improved quality-of-life benefits and more resources togo with their increased wealth. Inability or inequity to distribute wealth will intensify tensions betweenhaves and have-nots. It will likely escalate calls for changes in how to share wealth globally.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    quote-if-you-kill-enough-of-them-they-stop-fighting-curtis-lemay-110391.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Generally, the losing side has most of it's warhawks killed.
    Kind of a selective Darwinism.

Obviously, if you go to far, you force the normally peaceful type people to fight, as they view they have no choice.
    So you have to kill enough, but not too little, and not too much.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That is obviously false.
    I can't think of a time when it wasn't true.

Of course, "all" may be the only guaranteed solution. I can think of many, many wars or "police actions" where only a small fraction was killed before the rest threw in the towel.

Not that I am advocating any of that, BTW.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Even the Civil War was fought (eventually) by killing the enemy, and tearing down all methods used to create war, even to the point of destroying the ability of a "country" to feed itself.

Top Bottom