Obama said my premiums would go down...BS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    So, I'm watching the president's speech today and he is telling everyone that most people's health insurance costs will actually go down because of Obama Care.......Ok this is good I thought to myself. So, I walk down to the mailbox to get the mail, and wouldn't you know it, I received a letter from Anthem BlueCross & BlueShield informing me that my monthly premium will go up almost $100 a month. This translate to a 25% increase monthly.:xmad: I have a very basic policy just to cover catastrophic type health situations with a $10,000 deductible and they are dinging me for another $100 a month. :xmad:

Our President is a lying POS!!! :xmad::xmad:

Last edited:

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    Anthem sent me a letter too. If I sign the ACA waiver my insurance goes up
    $50 per month Jan 1. If I don't sign the waiver and choose ACA my insurance goes down $100 per month for the same coverage, same policy, and same Ins. co. Plus I'm eligible for a govt subsity of up to $5800 to help pay for the policy. I can't believe that Anthem thinks that I'm stupid enough to sign off ACA.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Anthem sent me a letter too. If I sign the ACA waiver my insurance goes up
    $50 per month Jan 1. If I don't sign the waiver and choose ACA my insurance goes down $100 per month for the same coverage, same policy, and same Ins. co. Plus I'm eligible for a govt subsity of up to $5800 to help pay for the policy. I can't believe that Anthem thinks that I'm stupid enough to sign off ACA.

Do you have insurance through your employer? I haven't gotten such a letter yet. They do know how to nudge you in the direction they want you to go.....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    obama, the first king of the United States is right, the cost of healthcare insurance to all federal politicians will go down. The rest of the country can and will go to "h" "e" double tooth picks.

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    My wife and I have individual policies. Under ACA we each get a premium reduction of $100 per month, Plus we are both retired so we our adjusted gross income is less than $62000 which makes us eligble for a $5800 subsidy. Is this a great country or what.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife and I have individual policies. Under ACA we each get a premium reduction of $100 per month, Plus we are both retired so we our adjusted gross income is less than $62000 which makes us eligble for a $5800 subsidy. Is this a great country or what.

There you go. That is what I thought I understood. I am of the understanding that if you have an employer provided plan and elect to join "the market", you will not be awarded the subsidies. I'll have to pay whatever increases that come my way because of ObamaCare's mandates on my employer's plans unless you want to go it alone. Those with private plans will be assimilated with the lure of cheaper premiums.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    What I want to know is, who's picking up the bill on that $5800? That's the real question that should concern us. How is this going to be funded?

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    I am proud that I paid. If Im entitled to a subsity to help with my health costs, I'm going to proudly take it. My wife and I are also going to proudly take our social security and medicare when we are old enough to be eligible.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am proud that I paid. If Im entitled to a subsity to help with my health costs, I'm going to proudly take it. My wife and I are also going to proudly take our social security and medicare when we are old enough to be eligible.

Hell, yes, Hank!! Take that money from your kids and grandkids; money that wouldn't be necessary if the government wasn't mandating that everyone have health care plans. You've worked and paid 3% of your salary for thirty or forty years (nevermind that the government spent that money as fast as you contributed it) so you deserve to ride the gravy train now and to hell with everyone else!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Of course, Hank, what you apparently don't realize is that in a year or so your health insurance - if you still have it - won't be worth what you're paying for it. Your premiums will continue to rise and sooner than you think the government will run out of "subsidy" money for you. Then you'll be stuck with a worthless healthcare policy in a failing medical system bankrupted by a bankrupt and corrupt government. Best hope you have "the big one" before that happens or you'll be eating dog food along with the rest of your peers.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Blackhawk: Take the money from the kids? Obviously you raised hamsters, not a family. I paid for my kids for almost 25 years, including private colleges. That doesn't include cars, dental care, yada yada yada.

Take money from the kids? Hahahahahaha

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Blackhawk: Take the money from the kids? Obviously you raised hamsters, not a family. I paid for my kids for almost 25 years, including private colleges. That doesn't include cars, dental care, yada yada yada.

Take money from the kids? Hahahahahaha

Who do you think is going to pay the bills your government is running up after you're gone, Manatee? Besides, you chose to create the kids, you should damn well be happy to support them until they're grown; that's part of being an adult - but of course, I shouldn't have to point that out to you, sir.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So, I'm watching the president's speech today and he is telling everyone that most people's health insurance costs will actually go down because of Obama Care.......Ok this is good I thought to myself. So, I walk down to the mailbox to get the mail, and wouldn't you know it, I received a letter from Anthem BlueCross & BlueShield informing me that my monthly premium will go up almost $100 a month. This translate to a 25% increase monthly.:xmad: I have a very basic policy just to cover catastrophic type health situations with a $10,000 deductible and they are dinging me for another $100 a month. :xmad:

Our President is a lying POS!!! :xmad::xmad:

You are looking at it all wrong... they are not dinging you for an exgtra $100 a month. You are instead generously contributing another $100 a month to pay for someone who is less fortunate to have the same quality of care as you do.

We all have to do our parts!

Top Bottom