• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You believe Wikileaks to be an unimpeachable source of fact? Really? Assange has yet to release details that can be confirmed by a 3rd party, be it a US source or any of the reputable security firms working out of Europe.

So do you believe that the wikileaks searchable database of emails is made up? Why isn't anyone calling them on it then? Why isn't Chuck Todd saying, hey, I never received or sent any such thing? Why did DWS resign? Why didn't the DNC and the press deny those emails were real? Hmmm?

I don't think anyone doubts that the emails that were published in the database are real.

So. What now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, but my point remains true. Wikileaks hasn't allowed anyone else to examine and vet the data.

I declared that the DNC and top media people were caught conspiring. But instead of trying to spin what was said in the emails to defend them, you actually tried to impeach the source. But how did the people who's emails were allegedly leaked defend themselves? By denying them? No. They spun what was said in the emails, obviously because they knew the content was real.

Because we're getting "hostages" back for nothing. It was their money in the first place.

Perhaps because Iran wouldn't release them without getting their money first?

Was it theirs? The deal was made with the Shaw. He paid us. The revolution happened before we delivered. I think we have a right to tell Iran to **** the hell off, especially since there are many law suites filed against Iran by US citizens whom Iran has caused harm by one means or another. I think it's fair and could probably have been argued that no, they don't get their money until the law suits are resolved and any settlements are paid by the fund.

But no. We wanted a nuke deal more than we wanted objectives met. The signed deal WAS the objective. And if it's money we wouldn't have given back except to get the hostages back, then the hostage release was contingent on paying the money, and then it was indeed money for hostages no matter whose money it was.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Even if Iran was entitled to the money, why is the US gov't paying it? The contract was with a private company for products and services. ;) Boeing/McD-D/Grumman whoever within the MIC profited should've paid up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So. What now?

This is enjoyable...I used to wonder "What do Democrats like to do when they are not wanting to ban high capacity magazines?"

Now I know....Defending bad behavior of Democrats, blaming Bush (still!!!), and trashing Fox News....

I remember back in the day Democrats would get all upset over ransom payments for hostages being held by Iran...Now days???? Not so much lol.....

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They shot and killed the leaker it appears

So do you believe that the wikileaks searchable database of emails is made up? Why isn't anyone calling them on it then? Why isn't Chuck Todd saying, hey, I never received or sent any such thing? Why did DWS resign? Why didn't the DNC and the press deny those emails were real? Hmmm?

I don't think anyone doubts that the emails that were published in the database are real.

So. What now?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Your only point of contention is that they have not given over the data to a separate source to vet it.... NOT that the data is false.
    10-4
    So you are admitting that there was/is collusion between the the DNC and the media.
    Thank you for clarifying.

How can anyone declare the data to be true or false until it's been vetted? I certainly never claimed nor admitted the data was true, nor will I until such time the data has been vetted by an impartial party.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington

So. What now?

Is that database a true and complete record of the DNC server? Were there e-mails that Wikileaks deleted? If you can't prove it, then the entire database is suspect.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Was it theirs? The deal was made with the Shaw. He paid us. The revolution happened before we delivered. I think we have a right to tell Iran to **** the hell off, especially since there are many law suites filed against Iran by US citizens whom Iran has caused harm by one means or another. I think it's fair and could probably have been argued that no, they don't get their money until the law suits are resolved and any settlements are paid by the fund.

The money belonged to the people of Iran, not the person in charge at the time of payment.

Also, it was the SHAH of Iran, Mohammed Reza Pahlavi. Put into power with the help of the CIA.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Even if Iran was entitled to the money, why is the US gov't paying it? The contract was with a private company for products and services. ;) Boeing/McD-D/Grumman whoever within the MIC profited should've paid up.

I suspect it had to do with shipping US military hardware to other nations, and US laws to that effect. You want government oversight of that, lest some company decides to sell tech we don't want others to have.

Also, how many governments would put several billion into the trust of a private company? CEO pay suddenly goes up 10,000% for some reason....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How can anyone declare the data to be true or false until it's been vetted? I certainly never claimed nor admitted the data was true, nor will I until such time the data has been vetted by an impartial party.

You are giving the other rocket surgeons a bad name.

DNC CEO resigns in wake of email controversy - CNNPolitics.com

Democrats are also trying to get ahead of the disclosure of more emails and internal documents from hacked computer systems, fearful of more embarrassing revelations.

They did it, they got caught, some stepped aside (fell on the sword) knowing they were caught. It's ok to admit they ****ed up, really.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

One would think that those who wrote the e-mails defending them and deflecting the nature of the content--by extension, taking ownership of them--should settle that question. If the information were false, they would be saying, "Julian, you're full of s**t" not spinning and rationalizing, and not resigning positions over it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is that database a true and complete record of the DNC server? Were there e-mails that Wikileaks deleted? If you can't prove it, then the entire database is suspect.

Seriously? That's what you have. Okay. Just so I understand your argument. If every bit is not vetted then 100% of it is unreliable. Even if none--zero--of the alleged authors of those emails denied sending or receiving any of them, and in fact spun the meaning of the content in their alleged emails. Is that your argument? Because I don't want to queue the laughter until I'm sure that's what you're really saying.

The money belonged to the people of Iran, not the person in charge at the time of payment.

Also, it was the SHAH of Iran, Mohammed Reza Pahlavi. Put into power with the help of the CIA.

WTF? One letter deserves an embolden correction? Whatevs.

Why does it matter if the CIA helped put the Shah in power? Why does that money belong to the People of Iran? You act as if the Iranian government is "of the people".

So, did the cash go back to them? Did the Iranian government fling it in the streets like confetti? Eh, probably not. The "people's" cash was probably shipped to their hired thugs, Hezbollah. And I imagine they spent a chunk on their nuke program.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Seriously? That's what you have. Okay. Just so I understand your argument. If every bit is not vetted then 100% of it is unreliable. Even if none--zero--of the alleged authors of those emails denied sending or receiving any of them, and in fact spun the meaning of the content in their alleged emails. Is that your argument? Because I don't want to queue the laughter until I'm sure that's what you're really saying.

WTF? One letter deserves an embolden correction? Whatevs.

Why does it matter if the CIA helped put the Shah in power? Why does that money belong to the People of Iran? You act as if the Iranian government is "of the people".

So, did the cash go back to them? Did the Iranian government fling it in the streets like confetti? Eh, probably not. The "people's" cash was probably shipped to their hired thugs, Hezbollah. And I imagine they spent a chunk on their nuke program.

You've got to understand that it was America's fault that we had 52 hostages held by the Iranians in 1979.
    Citizens of Liblandia don't really consider themselves citizens of the hated America, so there's no real self-loathing there for believing something so obviously irrational and repugnant.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    State Dept just confirmed the $400m was contingent on release of prisoners.

When the world knows you'll pay ransom, people are going to start getting snatched.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

When the world knows you'll pay ransom, people are going to start getting snatched.

Oh, but it's not a ransom, much like John Roberts and the tax that't not a tax except when it's a tax.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Giving something back that belongs to someone else is not ransom. It is blackmail.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Well, if the federal government's policy is to pay ransoms, does it work the other way?

How much does .gov want for us to take the country back?

Top Bottom