• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And we thought that President Obama was a hero because of his taking down Osama bin Laden. He is even braver and wiling to risk it all than we thought. He is also fully responsible for taking out those Iranian computers.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/01/w...d-wave-of-cyberattacks-against-iran.html?_r=1

At a tense meeting in the White House Situation Room within days of the worm’s “escape,” Mr. Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and the director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time, Leon E. Panetta, considered whether America’s most ambitious attempt to slow the progress of Iran’s nuclear efforts had been fatally compromised.

“Should we shut this thing down?” Mr. Obama asked, according to members of the president’s national security team who were in the room.

Told it was unclear how much the Iranians knew about the code, and offered evidence that it was still causing havoc, Mr. Obama decided that the cyberattacks should proceed. In the following weeks, the Natanz plant was hit by a newer version of the computer worm, and then another after that. The last of that series of attacks, a few weeks after Stuxnet was detected around the world, temporarily took out nearly 1,000 of the 5,000 centrifuges Iran had spinning at the time to purify uranium.

I can imagine VP Biden once again being too afraid to continue, but not President Obama. He resolutely stepped up to continue with the operation. Another tough call by our Commander in Chief.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What am I supposed to be outraged about? I have trouble keeping up on the cause du jour of the birther/tea crowd.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    But, but, but.... we've been told, and have been telling the world we had nothing to do with the Stuxnet virus/worm. Did the New York Times blow the cover on secret material again?:rolleyes: Is this just another case of Obama showing he supposedly has gonads since the election is coming up?

As far as "Another tough call by our Commander in Chief" thing, did you intend that to be in purple? I hope so because IMO I'm sure he has been dragged kicking and screaming to do what's been done so far while he's been in office. He's a perfect example of a metrosexual wuss.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Wouldn't this be considered an act of war if it was done to us?

It could be considered such if we wanted to make an issue of it, just as the recently-uncovered Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador here could be considered such. In reality, it is espionage/sabotage with plausible deniability no matter what the NY Slimes says.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is why Obama may have underestimated himself when he said he was the 4th best President of all time. He is so valiant and humble.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Did the New York Times blow the cover on secret material again?:rolleyes:

In reality, it is espionage/sabotage with plausible deniability no matter what the NY Slimes says.

Just to clarify... we are all supposed to be sad face at the New York Times because they wrote about a book that is coming out soon, right? :dunno:

Never mind. I just realized it is because the we don't like the propaganda book reports that the New York Times does. The propaganda book reports written by Fox News are much better. Did you see the article Fox News had this week about the chilling new book that proves that Castro new in advance about the JFK assassination?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    You have to credit the NY Times. Who else will inform us of just how great President Obama is in a strictly non-partisan way?

Oh I don't know maybe.... ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Current TV, Media Matters, any Senator or Representative with a D after their name, LA Times, USA Today, and just about every other major newspaper in the country. Uh, about all the "celebrities" in the motion picture industry, the recording industry, television, etc....:rolleyes:

Just to name a few. :D

Top Bottom