Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bulle

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The other thread on this topic points out that there was some initial mis-information in the blogosphere. The MRAP chassis are for the USMC, not DHS. According to the contract, at least.

GBN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Brown County
    We hit a double stacked AT mine IED and the RG-33 took it like a champ. I watched the 400lb hood fly 70+ yards and the whole front end got lifted off the ground pretty well.

No injuries other than bumps and bruises, possible concussion. After that we put the rollers and a trip wire catch on our lead truck and didn't have any issues.

I've hit a couple IED's here myself while driving a buffalo. Both were 150lbs+. The first one tore off our front axle, and the second didn't really do much except blow off a section of our RPG cage. Both hits did throw our 35 ton vehicle to the other side of the road however. Trust me, I don't doubt that the 33 can't take a hit, I'm just going off my experience so far.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    And your sayin that the guy that might one day be driving this vehicle is the same guy that lives across the street and drives a cop car for a living?

Top Bottom