• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well after Church when I was counting the offering. Here is the background. Our Church is in a "not so good" area of town. Matter of fact last Winter our Pastor was robbed at gun point on the Church Parking Lot. We do have a Security Guard (guy must be in his 60s at least). One day several us were joking about getting robbed when we deposit the Sunday Offering, how it all wrapped up in a "to go" bag for the robber. One person made the comment "yeah if I was getting paid 12.50 an hour I'd take a bullet for you".

This got me to thinking, how secure is our security. So today after Church I strapped on my Colt ACP Officer's Model. I un-tucked my shirt to cover up the gun (I think that raised more eye brows than if I had walked in with my shirt tucked and the gun showing). After counting the money, just as we are about to leave the Church, I tucked my shirt back in exposing my gun. The 2 ladies I was counting with didn't seem to let on anything was wrong. The Security Guard made a comment "your strapped today". Come to find out the Security Guard had some type of Eye Infection; so according to him he could barely make out my face at 5 feet. Well this guy is better than the last one we had; he shot himself in the leg. Told the Pastor the gun went off by itself. On that one I had to bite my tongue or lose my religion. Later I explained why I believed the Security Guard had actually caused the discharge of the weapon.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good on ya!

The same weekend I began attending the church I'm now a member of, the office was robbed of the weekend's offering. They made off with SEVERAL thousands of dollars worth. Thankfully, no one was there when it happened. Also thankfully, most of it was in the form of checks, harder to do anything with stolen checks vs. cash.

Keep yourself safe!

-J-

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I carry every time I go to church.

A fellow member and I, he being a state trooper, have both spoken about where we strategically sit in the back in case some one did come in with evil thoughts on their mind.

My pastor knows I CC, and openly welcomes it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    *sigh* I can't carry at my church because they run a licensed daycare and preschool. Doesn't matter to the gooberment that those schools aren't being operated on Sundays.

C'est la vie.

-J-

A fellow member and I, he being a state trooper, have both spoken about where we strategically sit in the back in case some one did come in with evil thoughts on their mind.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    *sigh* I can't carry at my church because they run a licensed daycare and preschool. Doesn't matter to the gooberment that those schools aren't being operated on Sundays.

C'est la vie.

-J-
    IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any other activity authorized by a school.
    (3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function.

Seems to me that your pastor, if he's CCW friendly, could authorize you to act as a "security guard" (think Jeanne Assam). Heck, they could even "employ" you to do so, for $1/year salary and no benefits.

Worth a try.

Blessings,
    B

Dr. Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    New Castle
    One other idea...is it a daycare or a child care ministry? Indiana makes a difference between the two. I don't know for sure but the rules may be different on carry.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

I think I'd double check that before it would stop me from carrying. Heck... triple check it.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    heres a good question, our church owns a private catholic school, which is separate from church building itself. So, the biggest moral question is, where the heck does the no guns on school act take effect? Personally, I am looking into carrying my 1903/8 colt for services, as the g17 is a bit ungainly in the fobus.....lol

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's interesting in the day an age of "separation of church and state" where we can't have the 10 Commandments on a plaque at the courthouse, but the state can dictate to parochial schools that no guns are allowed.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The State doesn't dictate to parochial schools that no guns are allowed, but I am very interested in keeping religion out of government so I guess you're half right.

On topic: I find that I can avoid the whole issue of carrying at church by not going to church in the first place.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    The State doesn't dictate to parochial schools that no guns are allowed, but I am very interested in keeping religion out of government so I guess you're half right.

On topic: I find that I can avoid the whole issue of carrying at church by not going to church in the first place.

There you have it. :):
    I always carry at church. There have been several major church shootings this year, you never know. Especially with some of anti-religion wackos running around out there. If your a wacko you have to be a church member come on everyone knows that.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    It's interesting in the day an age of "separation of church and state" where we can't have the 10 Commandments on a plaque at the courthouse, but the state can dictate to parochial schools that no guns are allowed.
    That's precisely how I see it. Except I see that separation of church and state prevents the state from dictating that guns are not allowed at church-owned schools.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, it should, and yet, we see what really happens. The double standard is always applied so that the same side always wins.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

what church you go to dude?

Top Bottom