• ...and so much more!
  • JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't seen this posted yet;

Up in arms over gun: Replica rifle has Brooklyn man at odds with cops

Quote;
    The Revolutionary War buff charges the Bloomberg administration with tyranny for trying to seize his handmade flintlock rifle - a dead ringer for the weapon once used against the redcoats.
    "This is the last legal gun that you can have without registration in New York," Littlejohn said. "And yet Mayor Bloomberg is driven crazy by my flintlock gun - the one that won the American Revolution."
    Littlejohn fired the first shot when he hired a Tennessee blacksmith to recreate the vintage rifle. It arrived at his Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, apartment in June - followed quickly by city cops.
    Police claim it's illegal for Littlejohn to keep the flintlock without a gun license.
    Littlejohn, 50, cites the earliest American patriots as his inspiration while refusing to surrender his firearm or apply for a license.
    The social worker is also clinging to a little-known exemption in the city's strict gun laws.
    The loophole allows license-free ownership of "antique firearms" - defined as rifles that require the bullet and gunpowder to be loaded separately.

What a idiot Bloomberg is.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Its an assault weapon.

One would think it is the first of the assault weapons. And symbolically it is an assault on the idiocy of Mayor Bloomberg's gun law, an assault on the Brady Campaign and a strike for freedom in a city where that concept is unknown.

I would hope that the NRA or some other pro-Gun organization takes up his legal bills and fights this battle. I doubt that Mr Littlejohn is a member of any such organization, and legally the battle won will be very very small, so pro-Gun groups probably won't join him. But from the standpoint of symbolism it would be nice to see this fight go up to the NY Supreme Court where, I suspect Mayor Bloomberg and the anti-gunners would be bitch-slapped down to the dungeon where they belong.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The poll shows 97% for allowing him to keep it, to 3% making him give it up.

Of course I voted with the majority :D

Really show you what idiots can do when allowed to run a government.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    This one rifle is going to drive Bloomberg nuts.... but the gangbangers with full-auto weapons are a mere nuisance. Makes perfectly logical sense in New York.:rolleyes:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    If you've seen the old movie ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK with Kurt Russell, you can get a fair picture of what NY City has become. Only the bad guys and cops have guns.... and the cops are waaaay outnumbered.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Plus they are armed very very poorly...

Yea, you know, since they are freaking out over a Flintlock rifle, they must be armed with, what, arquebus', ribauldequin's, and Loshut Gun's for them really unruly New Yorkers....

:laugh:

Top Bottom