• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    NYPD is discussing how to confiscate weapons. They say that gun buyback programs are just one small piece of the plan.

Police Wonder If They’ll Need To Confiscate Weapons In Event Of Ban « CBS New York
    Amid talk of reinstating the assault weapons ban that expired eight years ago, police departments nationwide are thinking of ways to confiscate such weapons.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said if Congress were to reinstate the ban, police are wondering whether it will be their responsibility to confiscate them.

“I think that is a big, big question,” Kelly said. “Do you engage in a buyback?”

Kelly said the NYPD’s existing gun buyback has been successful.
    “We’re up to about in two years, about 8500 weapons now, and that’s a significant number,” Kelly said.

But Kelly said with hundreds of millions of guns out there, buybacks are just one small part of curbing gun violence.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    They have been talking about a "compulsory gun buy back"
    Which mean that you will "self confiscate" and be "duly compensated"
    $100 for handguns, rifles, and shotguns
    $200 for assault weapons
    In the form of a debit card

Like Feinstein said "turn them in America"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They have been talking about a "compulsory gun buy back"
    Which mean that you will "self confiscate" and be "duly compensated"
    $100 for handguns, rifles, and shotguns
    $200 for assault weapons
    In the form of a debit card

Like Feinstein said "turn them in America"

I cant wait to sale my $900 handgun for $100. :rockwoot:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    No questions asked gun buy backs should be illegal. What is to stop a criminal from stealing guns, turning them in, and getting paid? The real kick in the pants is that the legitimate gun owner, who was robbed, will now loose their property, and it will be destroyed without the change of it ever being retuned to the rightful owner. These programs only make it easier, and safer, for criminals to fence their stolen goods.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No questions asked gun buy backs should be illegal. What is to stop a criminal from stealing guns, turning them in, and getting paid? The real kick in the pants is that the legitimate gun owner, who was robbed, will now loose their property, and it will be destroyed without the change of it ever being retuned to the rightful owner. These programs only make it easier, and safer, for criminals to fence their stolen goods.

Well I dont know any criminal who is stupid enough to sell an expensive handgun for $50.They can sell it for way more in the street or even in a store.
    Also I believe that the police check the SN to see if the gun is not stolen when they buy it back.Once again no criminal is stupid enough to try to sell a stolen gun to the police.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Well I dont know any criminal who is stupid enough to sell an expensive handgun for $50.They can sell it for way more in the street or even in a store.
    Also I believe that the police check the SN to see if the gun is not stolen when they buy it back.Once again no criminal is stupid enough to try to sell a stolen gun to the police.

Idk ive met some pretty stupid people :dunno:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Of note, the "amnesty" offered for the turning in of an illegally possessed firearm in NY applies solely to the possession itself. Any crimes with which the firearm may be associated are still chargeable under NY law. So that hot "gat" you bought out of the back of Tony Pepperoni's Caddilac might have 2 or 3 bodies on it. Those bodies now belong to you. Possessors of illicit firearms in NY know this, why do you think their buyback programs are so unsuccessful?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Of note, the "amnesty" offered for the turning in of an illegally possessed firearm in NY applies solely to the possession itself. Any crimes with which the firearm may be associated are still chargeable under NY law. So that hot "gat" you bought out of the back of Tony Pepperoni's Caddilac might have 2 or 3 bodies on it. Those bodies now belong to you. Possessors of illicit firearms in NY know this, why do you think their buyback programs are so unsuccessful?
    I bet you can find those guns in the river:D

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

On top of that, if you used it in the purpose of crime, turned it on a no questions asked, what is to say the gun won't be destroyed and evidence gone. I remember a story where two LEO were working one of the buybacks. Somehow, one of the two recognizes that this exact same caliber gun was used in a crime or stolen (I can't remember the specifics). She reported this to her supervisors who told her to do what was told originally. I can't find the story now.

Then there is the story of people who don't know what they have, like this link.
    CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback | Field & Stream

Luckily, the police officers running this recognized it and got her to not turn it in so it wouldn't have to be destroyed. Makes me wonder how many other historic guns have gotten turned in because the people didn't know what it was.

Top Bottom