• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi

I sent them an email at the start of my search for a gun several months ago as a newbie, ( Still Am ), and am still waiting for a reply. So I figured they did not want any new business if they had to earn it. I live at Burr and the Interstate and they are at Kennedy and the Interstate, just a few miles. Customer service is still King.

Jim

P.S.
    I work in a store where 300 to 600 people come in daily, and the customer service is usually outstanding. Store of the year award last year. Out of nearly 4,000 stores.
    Jim

Some gun shops have websites/email and simply do not use them for anything. Also as there are many "shoppers" and very few buyers on the internet the gunshops that I've talked to have found email a waste of effort as 95% of the emails are not serious inquiries but just price checkers. Given the current demand for guns, I can't blame a gun shop for not responding to email. But every shop I know answers the telephone. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Gander Mountain doesn't make you check in your firearm at the counter unless you're bringing it in for gunsmithing work or whatnot. If you're carrying you just go on in and don't worry about it.

I know my thread died... but I am bringing it back to life. Gander does make you check it in at the register. I had to once again, and I was just shopping. The lady at the counter stopped me before I could even walk through.

JeremySmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Rolling Prairie
    There are a few other shops here in NW Indiana. Usually the first one I'll check, or send my wife to check is Maple City Sports in Laporte. They've always cut her good deals below*list price. Theres Laporte Sporting Goods a block up the street, but I've never had much luck there. Over in Michigan City theres Kemph Gun Shop that I've recently started going to again. They've got a ton of reloading equipment and the guns are more cowboy oriented. Probably be my first stop if I was having something sent in.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I know my thread died... but I am bringing it back to life. Gander does make you check it in at the register. I had to once again, and I was just shopping. The lady at the counter stopped me before I could even walk through.
    Do you OC in Gander Mountain?

I've never been stopped and asked to check my gun while shopping at the Gander in Westfield (Southlake) Mall in Merrillville/Hobart.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have had a lot of luck with Westforth's in Gary. The guys are great to work with and usually offer the best deals. I purchased my last two (2) pistols from Blythes in Griffith and had some luck working out some deals with them recently. I heard about Jerry's and stopped in there this past weekend. As soon as my wife and I walked thru the door we didn't feel like we were welcomed. The gun inventory was low .... but he did have good prices on the guns and ammo he had in stock. I saw an FAL .308 sitting behind the counter with a price tag hanging from the trigger guard and asked Jerry about the details of the weapon. He was a little snappy about the faqs and when I asked if I could see it ..... NO!!! .... not for sale... lol. Maybe it takes a few trips in to get him to be friendly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Do you OC in Gander Mountain?

I've never been stopped and asked to check my gun while shopping at the Gander in Westfield (Southlake) Mall in Merrillville/Hobart.

Open Carry? No, and if I am not mistaken, there is a sign stating you must check in your firearm at the counter. Yeah, that's the same one I went to, all by itself on the right...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I have had a lot of luck with Westforth's in Gary. The guys are great to work with and usually offer the best deals. I purchased my last two (2) pistols from Blythes in Griffith and had some luck working out some deals with them recently. I heard about Jerry's and stopped in there this past weekend. As soon as my wife and I walked thru the door we didn't feel like we were welcomed. The gun inventory was low .... but he did have good prices on the guns and ammo he had in stock. I saw an FAL .308 sitting behind the counter with a price tag hanging from the trigger guard and asked Jerry about the details of the weapon. He was a little snappy about the faqs and when I asked if I could see it ..... NO!!! .... not for sale... lol. Maybe it takes a few trips in to get him to be friendly.

Where are these shops located? Yeah, I bought one from Cabela's, one from Westforths, and two from Blythe's. I can't argue the prices, I always haggled on mine, and got them down to reasonable tags...

Top Bottom