NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    I knew there had to be something funny going on when they stopped posting to social media. They had not made a post in like 3 or 4 months.
    Kalashnikov USA just pulled the same move. Made a big order with them 2 months ago and got my delivery within two weeks. Put another order in 5 weeks ago with no response. So I sent an email about my order 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply. Checked some articles and turns out they basically went belly up…..so I’m guessing I’m screwed out of my order?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's been my experience with both stores the last couple years. I'm not sure what the new owners gained by purchasing either/or of the stores and then failing to purchase inventory. I'd be curious as to the details if anyone ever hears about it. It's an interesting dynamic, buying and selling businesses.

jedi cynical mind smells this is the long game for the anti-2a.

Buy uo the gun stores and run them into the ground. Move on to the next one.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If the writings been on the wall for a long time, then the employees were no offense f-ing stupid. They should’ve been able to see it a mile away. I mean, come on everybody’s been bitching about inventory levels at those two stores for a couple years…. the employees didn’t know what was going on. Give me a break.
    As for the other drag through the mud, I’ve patronize both stores. I always thought the help at Valpo was quite a bit more personable, but it’s been years since I purchased anything at that store. In all honesty, the Griffith store seemed to run very much like West fourth in attitude. Good bad or indifferent whatever…

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A good buisness owner would give some notice to shutting down for good. Guaranteed it wasn't a last minute decision. I'm sure there was some "writing on the wall" however.

Still say it's a total dick move

A small business perhaps if the owner cares about his/her people. But that is a dying breed and those business do not last.

Corporations, which Blytes was (not talking about the original owners) are all about the bottom line. Employees are just # on a spread sheet, a cost. It's all about the monet and squeezing whatever they can out of the biz.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    But that is a dying breed and those business do not last.
    Crazy the shop I run with a total of 2 employees, counting me, has been around 50+ years. I've been there 23 of them

If the writings been on the wall for a long time, then the employees were no offense f-ing stupid. They should’ve been able to see it a mile away. I mean, come on everybody’s been bitching about inventory levels at those two stores for a couple years…. the employees didn’t know what was going on. Give me a break.
    I never been to the Griffith location and it's probably been 10 years since been to Valparaiso location. I do assume, from comments on here, the writing was on the wall, however, letting your employees show up for work the next day, knowing your gonna send them home, is a complete dick move.

Feel sorry for the employees, even if the "writing was on the wall" it doesn't change the fact the employer is a pos in the way he/her/they handled it

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So, Valparaiso is closed now too? The picture was Griffith but wanted to check. Or does anyone know for sure? I can swing by tomorrow since I work nearby
    Both locations are closed. Griffith, in the past few years, was only good for 1st time gun owners and ammo dumps to build supply during the 'crisis.' Too far for me to justify grabbing a box or 2.

Top Bottom