NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heck the last time I took a full week off was 2010, and that was when the youngest was born. Other than that it's been long weekends (3-4 days off) at a time.

Really need to take a couple weeks off and visit my sisters in AZ and MT. Would like to make a road trip out of that. Biggest problem with that Is the shop would have to be closed for that time and I'm never slow enough to justify it, but I'm getting to the point it needs to happen and customers will just have to deal with.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sounds suspiciously like monkey ****.

I keed. I keed. Sounds expensive though.

$27 for a 24 qt bag which is probably expensive if you were doing yardwork with it but primary use case is substrate for exotic pet enclosures. A few quarts will go in to fill a new enclosure and then maybe a handful every week is used to replace whatever is removed while cleaning out waste and whatnot.

In this case I was making a background for an enclosure which consists of filling with spray foam and cutting to shape, then you slather it with plain silicone caulk and cover with the coconut dirt while it's still tacky. I'll do a couple times to get full coverage.

1000009494.jpg

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I enjoy vacations. We do them cheap…. Stay out of tourist trap attractions, rent a house so we can bring / cook food, eat out once a day, go in off seasons, look for discounts etc etc.

But very excited for a summer full shooting competitions for the kids.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    We tend to pick a direction more than a destination. Last year we headed west on Saturday and knew we had to be back as far as St. Louis on Thursday for a cubs game on t’s bday, then Owensboro the next day, But we made it through MO, KS, OK, AR and more just bouncing around before returning to St. Louis

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We tend to pick a direction more than a destination. Last year we headed west on Saturday and knew we had to be back as far as St. Louis on Thursday for a cubs game on t’s bday, then Owensboro the next day, But we made it through MO, KS, OK, AR and more just bouncing around before returning to St. Louis
    Yeah that makes it harder for me to be a cheapskate lol because you have to take what you can get as far as lodging.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You are a retiree, not a vacation :p
    Being he "worked" in the mill, I'd say that was probably more like a vacation than being retired

I know a guy who works for a local large concrete firem and fire department. He get kept up on the closures on 65 and 30.
    Hey, I know that guy too

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But choosing what you do for “work” removes much of the stress that goes with working for the man.
    Which is why so many college graduates with 'humanities' and 'gender studies' majors choose a stress free working career at coffee shop drive-thru windows where the only thing required of them is a full arm sleeve of woke cartoon tattoos and asking the gender-neutral (or is that neutered) customer if they want to leave a 20% or a 25% tip for their $7.98 cup of frap-a-crap-a-ccino

:coffee:

The "Fight for $15" is real!

:oldwise:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone who is a retiree knows that there is more "work" after retirement than there ever was during "working years" of life.
    But choosing what you do for “work” removes much of the stress that goes with working for the man.

true
    I seem to be putting in a bit of hours at the Legion.
    Course, knowing I can tell them to F off if I want, does change things.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Mama Snap took a tumble this morning. We're in the ER getting her checked out. She hurt her right leg, and they are doing a CT to make sure she didn't hit her head.
    Hope mama snap is ok.
    My mom took a tumble right after Christmas but no major damage. Turned out to be a blessing because
    they found a staph infection in her blood.

Top Bottom