• Status
    Not open for further replies.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    What's the current wisdom regarding Culver's burgers? We have a new one in Cedartucky. I usually get their chicken samich at the Schererville location, but might take a chance on the burger, pending advice from this esteemed NWI bunch. I like their onion rings, and sometimes a chocolate shake.

Culver's is the only fast food burger I eat. And that is not very often. The one here in Portage is pretty good. I usually get a double cheese burger.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    What's the current wisdom regarding Culver's burgers? We have a new one in Cedartucky. I usually get their chicken samich at the Schererville location, but might take a chance on the burger, pending advice from this esteemed NWI bunch. I like their onion rings, and sometimes a chocolate shake.

Cheese curds. Opt for the curds. I missed out on trying that curd burger they had a limited release on.

Other than that, I don't get all the hype of there products.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Culver's is mediocre to me. I get email coupons for BOGO burgers sometimes, and then I'm not so mad at paying $7 for a burger. I do love their vanilla frozen custard, though. The Merrillville and Crown Point stores used to have a plain vanilla cone for $1.00. Now they are $3 and change.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Anyone who had a package go through the Bedford Park USPS Distribution center, how long did it take for the package to get to your house?

I bought a revolver from a dealer in PA through gunbroker. It left a Pennsylvania USPS distribution and was at the one in Gary 9 hours later. Some genuis sent it to Chicago and now it is in Bedford Park. I'm worried I'll have to file a lost claim on it now. It sucks because this is a rare S&W variant.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone who had a package go through the Bedford Park USPS Distribution center, how long did it take for the package to get to your house?

I bought a revolver from a dealer in PA through gunbroker. It left a Pennsylvania USPS distribution and was at the one in Gary 9 hours later. Some genuis sent it to Chicago and now it is in Bedford Park. I'm worried I'll have to file a lost claim on it now. It sucks because this is a rare S&W variant.
    Bedford Park is a blackhole. Me and the wife have seen many packages lately when it hits there it'll bounce all over for 3-4 days and even up to a week. But every package eventually arrived

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Thought they were a hub the 1-2 days.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Literally 2+ months

But I ended up getting the item and a refund and then a double shipping refund

I posted tracking earlier in this thread. Package went back and forth between Bedford Park and Chicago at least a half dozen times. Sat in Bedford park for weeks. Went to Boston(?), and back. Went to Indy, and back. …

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Literally 2+ months

But I ended up getting the item and a refund and then a double shipping refund

I posted tracking earlier in this thread. Package went back and forth between Bedford Park and Chicago at least a half dozen times. Sat in Bedford park for weeks. Went to Boston(?), and back. Went to Indy, and back. …
    Was it a firearm? I think they are treated differently than other items

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have not been pleased with eating at Culver's since they stopped serving walleye.

Their burgers stink and their cod sandwich is inedible.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    meh, agree to disagree

Culver's Cod Sandwich is actually good. Probably the best fast food fish sandwich served thru a drive-thru window.

I will say that the Arby's fish sandwich is better, but it is only served during Lenten Season, so for regular stops, Culver's Cod gets the nod as the best.

As for the Culver's burgers, they have a sourdough melt that is OK, not as good as Steak n Shake's Frisco Melt. But edible.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    As 4 da Culver's bruger it's decent.
    Typically juicy and not salty.
    There cheese is a bit too strong for jedi taste. It's that WI cheese.
    If the burger was 1/4 a little bigger it would be just right. It's smaller then other places and
    jedi ends up feeling not full, not right. Typically the fries help reach that full level.

It terms of fast food jedi ranking would be.

Wendy's
    Culver's
    Rallys
    BK (whopper jedi likes but it's not
    healthy)
    Mcd
    DQ
    5 guys

Not counting white castle as that is just to flush out your system
    FIFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.