actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, how about this.
    I asked for 3 days of vacation to do the NFA noob day.
    I wanted to drive there the day before, so I could take in sights and not have to get up early, and the day after so I'd could recover, and take some more sights in maybe.
    Couldn't get it because someone was on vacation.

Then, with no one on vacation, I'm stuck working 64 hours a week with a bad back. I told the boss that my back can't take too much of that, it NEEDS the sleep to recuperate. He said he'll worry about that when it happens.

So now, I'm going to be off during the time I wanted. But I've already signed OFF for the NFA Noob Day.
    And the mill tends to hire PIs to check on people anyway. Plus, the excruciating pain would put a kibosh to it.

So, I'm stuck on S&A pay, which is a percentage of my BASE Pay. No Overtime.
    Which means I'm stuck on an even smaller percentage because I usually have OT.

And work is stuck, because we have a 5 man crew, in place of the old 12 man crew.
    With me on sick leave, and 1 week of another guy on vacation, and another guy has a medical restriction that says NO Overtime......
    The schedule at work just got a lot harder.
    Even worse if the 2 guys left working OT have problems.

All which could have been fixed by HIRING 1 OR 2 MORE PEOPLE.
    DUH!

A couple weeks ago, the boss asked why we didn't make up a piece of equipment to check out these "pendant" that had been rebuilt incorrectly.
    I showed him a box partially drilled, and the parts I assembled.
    He said what's the hold up.
    So I told him, "well, we went to a 5 MAN CREW, IDIOT!!!!!"
    Every time I get started, I have to stop and fix something to keep the damn place running.
    I'm the shift guy, that's what we do.
    The day shift guy makes or installs stuff.
    But his schedule is also full already.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I'm living in the twilight zone.

And no, it doesn't make me feel any better that companies all over are screwing their people the EXACT SAME WAY.

Wow, this buying everything from overseas is working out so well for us.
    Let's do it more.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My 0500 ammo run was a bust. I went to four different stores and no 9mm or .22lr I got to Portage Walmart at 0520, they had no handgun ammo. There was some .223 not much and some other hunting ammo. Then it was across the street to Meijer at 0540, they only had one box of Winchester .44 and very little rifle ammo. Then it was off to Hobart Walmart at 0605, they did have .45 white box 2 boxes and federal target 8 boxes. They had very little rifle ammo. Last stop was Merrillville‎ Meijer at 0630, no handgun ammo or rifle. 30 miles of driving around, one gallon of gas and nothing to show for. This was my first time getting up early to find ammo and will be my last time. On a brighter not I did stop at Dounkin Donuts and got the kids breakfast.

Went by your house on the way to work around 5:45 this morning and saw your truck in front. Wondered if you were a late starter?

5 AM
    Good God
    I don't get up for anything except my job that early.
    Unless mountains were moved, wouldn't even get up for sex at that godforsaken time.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So, how about this.
    I asked for 3 days of vacation to do the NFA noob day.
    I wanted to drive there the day before, so I could take in sights and not have to get up early, and the day after so I'd could recover, and take some more sights in maybe.
    Couldn't get it because someone was on vacation.

Then, with no one on vacation, I'm stuck working 64 hours a week with a bad back. I told the boss that my back can't take too much of that, it NEEDS the sleep to recuperate. He said he'll worry about that when it happens.

So now, I'm going to be off during the time I wanted. But I've already signed OFF for the NFA Noob Day.
    And the mill tends to hire PIs to check on people anyway. Plus, the excruciating pain would put a kibosh to it.

So, I'm stuck on S&A pay, which is a percentage of my BASE Pay. No Overtime.
    Which means I'm stuck on an even smaller percentage because I usually have OT.

And work is stuck, because we have a 5 man crew, in place of the old 12 man crew.
    With me on sick leave, and 1 week of another guy on vacation, and another guy has a medical restriction that says NO Overtime......
    The schedule at work just got a lot harder.
    Even worse if the 2 guys left working OT have problems.

All which could have been fixed by HIRING 1 OR 2 MORE PEOPLE.
    DUH!

A couple weeks ago, the boss asked why we didn't make up a piece of equipment to check out these "pendant" that had been rebuilt incorrectly.
    I showed him a box partially drilled, and the parts I assembled.
    He said what's the hold up.
    So I told him, "well, we went to a 5 MAN CREW, IDIOT!!!!!"
    Every time I get started, I have to stop and fix something to keep the damn place running.
    I'm the shift guy, that's what we do.
    The day shift guy makes or installs stuff.
    But his schedule is also full already.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I'm living in the twilight zone.

And no, it doesn't make me feel any better that companies all over are screwing their people the EXACT SAME WAY.

Wow, this buying everything from overseas is working out so well for us.
    Let's do it more.

Wow! I'm glad I work at the library and not there. Good luck with all that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    While I was looking for duct tape in colors other than gray, I found this..
    51tsARLVovL._SX342_.jpg
    :(
    When I was looking for the 'traction tape" for my 10/22 I looked high and low for some that did not come in BLACK and/or YELLOW but it appears those are the only 2 colors that are made for "traction tape". Would have loved to put some PINK traction tape on the 10/22.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :(
    When I was looking for the 'traction tape" for my 10/22 I looked high and low for some that did not come in BLACK and/or YELLOW but it appears those are the only 2 colors that are made for "traction tape". Would have loved to put some PINK traction tape on the 10/22.

Relax big guy.
    I bought you a roll.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Relax big guy.
    I bought you a roll.

But that roll does not have any grip to it like what I got for the 10/22. However it could be used for decoration. Hum.. perhaps I can get my niece to cut out heart shaped PINK duct tape for the 10/22. Or better yet just stripes. Hum...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But that roll does not have any grip to it like what I got for the 10/22. However it could be used for decoration. Hum.. perhaps I can get my niece to cut out heart shaped PINK duct tape for the 10/22. Or better yet just stripes. Hum...

Or, you can use it to label stuff. That's what I do. This gun is in this bag. This ammo is in this can. Etc....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hi all! Whats shaken?

Careful! ... or the post-police ... *cough ... Jedi ... cough* ... will report you for a non quality post and you will loose at least 1,948 of your posts.

... Hello and welcome! ... cool avatar, btw.

no need to put that in purple you know.
    for this non-nwi ingo member the bigger question is does he like PINK? :rofl:
    and
    did he bring any treats? else yeah we should report him. :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just posted in my WALKING ACROSS ENGLAND thread. I'm mentioning it here becasue there was a thread about camping was active with posts from several NWI INGO members. I think my most recent post might be of some interest to several people here that camp or hunt. Basically to anyone who goes far enough in the woods to be lost, this post might give you some ideas that you can use to be safer in the woods.

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sh-sea-along-hadrians-wall-2.html#post4468901

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    If anyone (other than Lonehoosier) has borrowed a USGI sling and mounts (for Appleseed) from me and you still have them ... please let me know. I seem to be missing a set. Thanks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Goofball.
    Rectangular patch of pink tape.
    Black Marker that says ".45 cal ammo" or "10/22".

duh

but... but... but.... jedi does not know how 2 read....

If anyone (other than Lonehoosier) has borrowed a USGI sling and mounts (for Appleseed) from me and you still have them ... please let me know. I seem to be missing a set. Thanks.

nobody help the snob. 20 pink coins to the thug that took the sling n did not tell wd. :p
    r u sure u did not mis-place it old man?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom