NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I found out yesterday we got redistricted for our State Rep. Went from 11 to 19. Now I don't get to complain to Aylesworth when he votes like a D. :(

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Iron Maiden puts on a production that makes most other bands look like amateurs. This one was even better than the last.

I wish I'd gotten it on video but at one point early on Bruce was like "F*** me, there are a while lot of you here. Wait, turn up the lights(highlights the nosebleed sections) there are even more of you than I F-ing thought. You're gonna need parachutes to get down from there"
    With all these stories I'm starting to feel gyped. Heck with starting. I've only seen them once and it was honestly one of the worst concerts I've been to, including local bands. Tiny little outdoor place in IL, when I say tiny I mean tiny. If the entire place was 2 acres I'd be shocked, stage and stadium seating combined was less than a 1/2 acre. Some German metal band I'd never heard of opened for them. Only Eddie they had was a small banner hung up behind the stage, no pyrotechnics, nothing. Stage was so small they didn't have much room to move, and honestly I think they were bummed they got suckered into playing there somehow and just phoned it in. I'd heard the stories about how good their shows are and was pumped, after I was let's say less than pumped. I was expecting Superbowl, I got early season Pop Warner without the player enthusiasm.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Went to see Judas Priest years ago. They opened for Kiss. Was not a Kiss fan, but Kiss probably put on one of the best shows I ever went to.

Saw J.P. at the Hammond Civic Center, early 80's. To say it was loud in that little crackerbox would be an understatement. Left early after someone above us sloshed a beer all over the girlfriend. Silly girl married me after that. Good times.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Closer to the stage this time. Got this photo with just my phone. Within Temptation is the opening act View attachment 228593
    I don't know Within Temptation. But then again, I'm an aging metal head who's out of touch with most of the new stuff. How was the opener? If you haven't seen it already, Iron Maiden: Flight 666 was a pretty good documentary.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't know Within Temptation. But then again, I'm an aging metal head who's out of touch with most of the new stuff. How was the opener? If you haven't seen it already, Iron Maiden: Flight 666 was a pretty good documentary.
    Some Dutch metal band. They weren't terrible or anything but nothing I would look to listen to again. Much better than the band "The Raven Age" that opened for them last tour. Those guys sucked and I think they only got to open for Maiden was because one of the members was Steve Harris' kid.

This was one of the songs they played

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    50,000 freshly printed raffle tickets. If you bought them all at $10 each, you'd have a good chance to win $1000 top prize.

:@ya:

View attachment 228704

You post that like nobody’s that stupid. I know a guy that did exactly that.

A tradesman, got double checked, went to the bar and bought a brand new unopened box of pull tabs from the bartender. He knew he was going to Win all the money from the box. After he pulled all 1000 cards the bartender showed him the front of the box. “Each box guaranteed to have 80% pay out”

He is the father of a now deceased famous Indiana rock legend. Still hanging out at his local pub. I’m guessing I’m not the only INGO member that knows this guy.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    You post that like nobody’s that stupid. I know a guy that did exactly that.

A tradesman, got double checked, went to the bar and bought a brand new unopened box of pull tabs from the bartender. He knew he was going to Win all the money from the box. After he pulled all 1000 cards the bartender showed him the front of the box. “Each box guaranteed to have 80% pay out”

He is the father of a now deceased famous Indiana rock legend. Still hanging out at his local pub. I’m guessing I’m not the only INGO member that knows this guy.
    Now I want to guess who the rock legend is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom