Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How old is your house? It is very pretty
    House was built in 1995 but it was designed in 1912 in the American Prairie Style of architecture (and never built until we found a pen and ink drawing at Northwestern University in their library and decided to build it) by Walter Burley Griffin, who was a partner of Frank Lloyd Wright. Griffen pioneered the 2 story sleeping porch (in the picture above) and it is fairly common in Australia, where he is a very famous architect, but my house is one of the few in the US with that feature. Originally designed for the Rock Crest/Rock Glen complex in Mason City, Iowa and positioned on a ridge over a river. Ours is positioned on a ridgeline 60’ above West Creek.

The original home had a 1 carriage garage & stable, I have a few more garage spaces.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    House was built in 1995 but it was designed in 1912 in the American Prairie Style of architecture (and never built until we found a pen and ink drawing at Northwestern University in their library and decided to build it) by Walter Burley Griffin, who was a partner of Frank Lloyd Wright. Griffen pioneered the 2 story sleeping porch (in the picture above) and it is fairly common in Australia, where he is a very famous architect, but my house is one of the few in the US with that feature. Originally designed for the Rock Crest/Rock Glen complex in Mason City, Iowa and positioned on a ridge over a river. Ours is positioned on a ridgeline 60’ above West Creek.

The original home had a 1 carriage garage & stable, I have a few more garage spaces.
    Wow. What an incredible story! I thought it had some English influence.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As long as it's decent next week took 3 days vacation plus my rest days to get me 5 solid days of non stop packing and moving so the house can be closed on the 10th. She's biding her time moving out till the mandatory date Aug 1st as I know she has an apartment and is trying to play dumb to prevent me time to get my stuff out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom