Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hope you seldom use the A/C in your car then.
    Fortunately yes.
    Though there was a year where in the American Legion we did funeral ceremonies for 2 veterans in the same day, AND then another one in the same week.

curious why? all those years at the mill got you opposed to comfort?

:dunno:
    If I'm out.. I'm out.
    If I'm in.. I'm in.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ya'll see this?

Yep, sure did. Did you notice the name of the councilman that is pushing it? Wonder how he feels about snoopy playing the Red Baron??

Doesn't preemption cover that?

Yup. Preemption SHOULD cover it.
    Though I lost my faith in the right thing being done, when Lake County ruled Hammond didn't have to remove their gun laws and signs, AS LONG AS they didn't enforce them.
    :xmad:

Also, "can't imagine what ELSE the AR-15..."
    :xmad:
    Well there's the internet. Maybe DO SOME RESEARCH.

Also, that's KINDA THE POINT of the 2nd Amendment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thinking about it preemption is only about banning guns from property or the ability not to.

They are trying to ban the sale of something. So that is more commerce law/clause

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thinking about it preemption is only about banning guns from property or the ability not to.

They are trying to ban the sale of something. So that is more commerce law/clause
    Preemption states they can not ban the sale of.

political subdivision may not regulate firearms, ammunition, or firearm accessories or the "ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage" or "commerce in and taxation of" these items. Firearm accessory is defined as a device that enables the wearing or carrying of a firearm on the person; or the storage or mounting of a firearm on a conveyance; or a device that is intended to be inserted or affixed onto a firearm to improve its function.

Reactions: KG1

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I resemble that remark. On the other hand, I do gibberish very well.

Funny thing about the 'old man bitching of the steelworkers' is that the young guys at the mill bitch like old men.

But Jedi gibberish is all a lifeform of its own, something akin to the babbling of an 18 month old child, but without the brains of an 18 month old child.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New pupper. It was a bit spur-of-the moment, but we saw this little girl on the Lake County Animal control site yesterday, and we brought her home today. She's a Chihuahua, but smaller than Daisy and Cocoa. She's about 8 lbs or so and about 7-8 years old. This is Gretel We kept the name she had.
    gretel3.jpg

gretel2.jpg

gretel1.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If they try banning sales at the fairgrounds, what about the fair? I mean does that mean they can’t charge admission, or the food vendors can’t? I don’t see how they can ban one unless they ban ALL.
    That is what one of them alluded it.
    Ban *ALL* sales of everything.

Which would end up hurting them. :facepalm:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In other news we have a 2 year old foster son.

Looking for something to do with him tomorrow where he can interact with other young kids.

We thought that doing a drive-by somewhere north of US30 might be fun for him, but really that is not a great interaction with other kids because the shooters tend to miss and are usually farther away to actually have a heartfelt interaction. Again our goal is for him to interact/play/talk with other kids.

Taking him ot Southlake Mall was also nixed. First, he's not in a gang so right off the bat he won't be accepted by the local mall rats. Secondly he doesn't really have the hand size or strength to rack a slide, hold a gun sideways and pump his arm while shooting at crowds (but missing everyone).

Anyone have any legitimate thoughts on where to take a 2 year old for a few hours to have fun where (preferred pronouns: he/him) a young cis-gendered boy can have fun with other kids?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Looking for something to do with him tomorrow where he can interact with other young kids.

We thought that doing a drive-by somewhere north of US30 might be fun for him, but really that is not a great interaction with other kids because the shooters tend to miss and are usually farther away to actually have a heartfelt interaction. Again our goal is for him to interact/play/talk with other kids.

Taking him ot Southlake Mall was also nixed. First, he's not in a gang so right off the bat he won't be accepted by the local mall rats. Secondly he doesn't really have the hand size or strength to rack a slide, hold a gun sideways and pump his arm while shooting at crowds (but missing everyone).

Anyone have any legitimate thoughts on where to take a 2 year old for a few hours to have fun where (preferred pronouns: he/him) a young cis-gendered boy can have fun with other kids?
    Deep river water park or Albanese candy factory or Zao island in Valpo or Tyler's tender in Schererville. Is this what you are looking for?

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN

There is a place on 30 called Tyler's Tender - has Train stuff for kids

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom