NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Man I hate my driveway. It's about 18" lower than the yard on each side so it just fills with snow. Not to mention the 3ft drifts.
    Anyway, at least the roads are better this morning than the last batch we got
    You took the blade off of your golf cart after the last snow, didn't you?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The roads weren't too bad on my morning commute. I could run 30 at 40-45 mph all the way to Valpo except when traffic was piling up in sections. It helped that the winds died down late last night. Only saw a couple of vehicles in the ditch the whole trip.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Coming up 41 from Cedartucky, totally rutted snow-pack road. Accident at Rt. 8 (231), lost 20 minutes. North of Rt 8 (231) totally melted down to pavement all the way to Schererville. You can really tell which direction each section of 41 is maintained by.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not going to tell a long, drawn out story, but I left the office in Hammond last night at 5:45p headed for home south of Valpo. The trip from Merrillville to Valpo on U.S. 30, for the first time in the 11 years I've owned my truck, I wish I had 4wd. Yet, I got home fine. I don't buy $3,000 features for maybe 2 days a year.

Last edited:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Just saw a plow trailer for the first time. Plow truck turned north on 49 and I thought his trailer was jackknifing as he stayed in right lane while his trailer plowed the shoulder. It's the small things in life that I find amusing...

NWIGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    NWI
    Not going to tell a long, drawn out story, but I left the office in Hammond last night at 5:45p headed for home south of Valpo. The trip from Merrillville to Valpo on U.S. 30, for the first time in the 11 years I've owned my truck, I wish I had 4wd. Yet, I got home fine. I don't buy $3,000 features for maybe 2 days a year.
    Right. The manual for mine states you can't even drive in 4x4 mode on regular asphalt... only on rough terrain/snow, which is not very often. Sure comes in handy when you need it tho...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom