NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    What are some automotive repair/maintenance shops in Porter County some of you have had good experience with/know are worth their weight in gold? Clements in Valparaiso did me right for a number of years, so I can vouch for them, but I'd like to hear of more.

I'm going on my 6th day without my car over regularly scheduled maintenance. My 100,000 mile maintenance manual calls for flushing out the engine and inverter coolant (I have a Prius), in addition to oil change, rotate tires, and do a general lookover. Well, the mechanic had trouble with the coolant flush. From what I gathered, reading between the lines, is that they had never performed that task on that model vehicle and there was a learning curve.

They replaced my rear brakes and rotors, in addition to the above, and did an alignment. Well, I picked up my car on Monday, took it for a spin, and it kept pulling to the left. So, back it went. I'm still waiting for it to be re-aligned. :wallbash:
    Go to Dean’s Tire & Auto on Calumet in Chesterton.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Right. So that's cool. I have no issue there. Stack the paper so you can retire early and not stress like some of those 60-70 year old zombies out there

I Def don't see you like your countless Co workers who can't survive financially without of triple OT cause.......

Substance addiction
    2-3 ex wives
    4-6 kids from this ex wives
    Gambling habits
    Etc
    Etc

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I
    Right. So that's cool. I have no issue there. Stack the paper so you can retire early and not stress like some of those 60-70 year old zombies out there

I Def don't see you like your countless Co workers who can't survive financially without of triple OT cause.......

Substance addiction
    2-3 ex wives
    4-6 kids from this ex wives
    Gambling habits
    Etc
    Etc
    I'd almost rather have people like that because they'll show up for their shifts because they have to.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sound advice.

My daughter is 26, got a job as a corporate lawyer a couple months ago, benefits started this month. She started her 401k contributions this month. The earlier you start saving the younger you can retire.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sound advice.

My daughter is 26, got a job as a corporate lawyer a couple months ago, benefits started this month. She started her 401k contributions this month. The earlier you start saving the younger you can retire.
    Yep. Make that money work for you.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    So, basically just run away.

View attachment 141604
    Jokes aside, it's really not that simple. A few weeks back WBEZ had a good piece on how Police foot chases are not terribly effective, often result in harm to one or more parties, and officers rarely receive training on how to best handle foot chases ("1 to 3 percent"). Chicago implementing a foot chase policy for CPD comes in response to the complete and utter absence of one previously.

From this Chicago Tribune article:
    A 2016 Chicago Tribune analysis of police shootings from 2010 to 2015 found that foot chases were involved in more than a third of the 235 cases in which someone was injured or killed. Nearly a fourth of the people killed in those shootings by police were struck only in the back. In roughly half of the cases, the chase began as routine encounter — for example, someone being stopped or questioned for public drinking, causing a disturbance, violating curfew or other minor offenses.
    That same article then goes on to discuss how Las Vegas implemented a foot pursuit policy and found "officers’ use of force dropped 23%, and officer injuries dropped 11%" after its implementation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom