NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I worked 2 jobs for the longest time. 2nd one was cash. Then I was too valuable working too many hours and my buddy said I'd have to fill out the tax form. I'll help you out 1 year until you find a replacement.

I can remember coming home for Easter during school to lock in a job. Now they're everywhere. $20 an hour I would have jumped!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I worked 2 jobs for the longest time. 2nd one was cash. Then I was too valuable working too many hours and my buddy said I'd have to fill out the tax form. I'll help you out 1 year until you find a replacement.

I can remember coming home for Easter during school to lock in a job. Now they're everywhere. $20 an hour I would have jumped!

:coffee:. My 1st payroll job, 1975, washing dishes at Sauzer's Waffle Shop, US 30 and 41, $1.65/hr. And all the waffles you could eat. Not a glamorous job. Felt like a king when promoted to busboy. $2.25/hr and waitresses tipped you, if you were helpful. I was very helpful. Learned a lot on that job, mostly about people.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    People suck

Yes, many do. But the ones that don't are like diamonds. I once had an excellent waitress tipped me 20 whole dollars for helping her make $200 on a particularly busy day at the old Waffle Shop. That was a lot of money for both of us back then. She's a diamond because she didn't have to do that, and because she was smart. She knew that in the future I would bust ass to help her make a lot of money. And I did. So, nice and smart equals a diamond.

Should have married that girl, but alas, I was a lowly busboy. Speaking of smart, I blew my $20 on a Ted Nugent album on 8-track tape. Man, those were the days. Any of you young guys know Uncle Ted?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :coffee:. My 1st payroll job, 1975, washing dishes at Sauzer's Waffle Shop, US 30 and 41, $1.65/hr. And all the waffles you could eat. Not a glamorous job. Felt like a king when promoted to busboy. $2.25/hr and waitresses tipped you, if you were helpful. I was very helpful. Learned a lot on that job, mostly about people.

You learned the most useful skill. WORK.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, many do. But the ones that don't are like diamonds. I once had an excellent waitress tipped me 20 whole dollars for helping her make $200 on a particularly busy day at the old Waffle Shop. That was a lot of money for both of us back then. She's a diamond because she didn't have to do that, and because she was smart. She knew that in the future I would bust ass to help her make a lot of money. And I did. So, nice and smart equals a diamond.

Should have married that girl, but alas, I was a lowly busboy. Speaking of smart, I blew my $20 on a Ted Nugent album on 8-track tape. Man, those were the days. Any of you young guys know Uncle Ted?

Copied and setup with a deadman switch to be sent to Mary, should anything happen to me.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My first job was cart collector guy at the Value City in Calumet City for like $6.25/hr I think it was. Technically I was part of receiving but I think I unloaded maybe 2 trucks in threeish years I was there. I also had to clean the bathrooms and that was the worst part.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My first job was cart collector guy at the Value City in Calumet City for like $6.25/hr I think it was. Technically I was part of receiving but I think I unloaded maybe 2 trucks in threeish years I was there. I also had to clean the bathrooms and that was the worst part.
    Where did you grow up then

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    South Holland, IL. Right before the second semester of my Sr. Year of high school my parents separated so we went with my mom and moved in with my uncle in St John.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've made handmade jewelry since junior high, and I started doing craft shows in the late 70's. My first 'real' job was working at Tammy Jewels (gaudy costume jewelry) at Southlake Mall after I graduated high school in 1980. I think I started at about $3 an hour. I worked there for 6 months and then got a job at the Southlake Mall Information Booth, where I worked for 5 years. It was one of the three jobs I had while I worked myself through college at IUN. The others were tutoring and substitute teaching.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Landscaped for a year when 16. It basically paid for gas in IROC. Worked with all meth heads.

Oil change place for 3 days.

Sutton Ford for 2 years

Discount tire 2 years.

FedEx, tossed packages for 1 year when in CT for tech school.

And current job now, 12 years in july

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

I remember the place and they had good breakfast and didn't they also run the little amusement park to west of Indianapolis Blvd/ Rt 41?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom