NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    are the guns going to be shipped? if so obviously you'll need an ffl, if they're going to be transported by a family member or picked up by the new owner, assuming the new owner is a trusted proper person, using an ffl is unnecessary

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Pool gets installed late April.

Guy said usually he has 24 pools on layaway.. This year it was 260...i said nay... I want to pay in full and have it delivered ASAP so I'm on the install list first.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Neighbor looked into getting a generator installed. All said supply is 6-8 months out. He decided to wait everything gets caught up and contact them then.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @larcat

Have the relative in Tennessee check to see if a local Tennessee FFL can send a prepaid FedEx shipping label to the Illinois resident to have the guns shipped to the FFLs location. Once they have a label they can schedule a FedEx pickup. When they arrive the Tennessee FFL can transfer them to the new owner (if they pass the background check, etc.). I am sure that the FFL will charge fees for all of this. If this is legal it would streamline things to dealing with one FFL, at the destination end and have the healthy person doing the work. Perhaps an agreement would need to be made transferring the guns to the FFL for the sole purpose of transferring them on to the new owner?

A check with an attorney in Tennessee who deals with firearms laws might be a good idea. Perhaps one of the attorneys here on INGO can recommend one?

I would try to eliminate all Illinois involvement in the process that you legally can.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

Guy said usually he has 24 pools on layaway.. This year it was 260...i said nay... I want to pay in full and have it delivered ASAP so I'm on the install list first.

Nice! We just got rid of ours this year, never used it. Came with the house. Turned it into a patio/gas fire pit

Attachments

• 56785D97-F009-4DED-A227-0FB2B8B82091.jpeg
      56785D97-F009-4DED-A227-0FB2B8B82091.jpeg
      939.8 KB · Views: 11
    • E85141DE-CF6B-4152-9C57-3E4F7C0ADC97.jpeg
      E85141DE-CF6B-4152-9C57-3E4F7C0ADC97.jpeg
      870.1 KB · Views: 11

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @CTC B4Z

Keep track of the time spent using the pool vs the time spent working on the pool. I never found it to be a good trade off.

Make sure that you check the local laws, etc. for where you live. You don't want to have to move it because of a rule/law you weren't aware of.

I also think about how many other things that I like better that the money could be spent on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My kids subdivision is pool central, every yard has one and they are used constantly.

I never have to worry about my grandkids drowning. At 2 the middle one swims like a fish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom