• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hey now, I work in cold rolling. Unlike some areas our incentive is actually based on how well we do our jobs, as it should be, so it IS earned.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    FWIW I'd suggest ABATE as well, it's less expensive, the money is used to support abate instead of calumet hd, ABATE is a legal organization that keeps our rights as riders intact, fights for our choice to wear a helmet or not, the class is awesome and you'll walk away ready to get your license and an insurance discount.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The only reason I would suggest the Calument HD class over the ABATE class is that i know a guy who took the Abate class and the class was on small motorcycles, I think he said it was on a 125cc bike. I have scooters bigger than that. Learning on something heavier is not a bad idea.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    For those that have never thrown a leg over a cycle, I think the small ones are the way to go.
    They have you doing some crazy tight turns and with a bigger bike they'd be laying them down all over.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    FWIW I'd suggest ABATE as well, it's less expensive, the money is used to support abate instead of calumet hd, ABATE is a legal organization that keeps our rights as riders intact, fights for our choice to wear a helmet or not, the class is awesome and you'll walk away ready to get your license and an insurance discount.
    The problem I ran into is when I went to take the class last year ABATE had stopped having classes at the Lake County Gov Center and the closest locations were Fort Wayne or Kokomo. It looks like they’re hosting classes in Merrillville now, but every one of their classes is sold out this year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Another oops purchase from yours truly

Picking it up tomorrow.
    View attachment 79950

Nice. Now go take the class at Calumet HD, they will be teaching you on a bike that is similar to that, albeit only a 500, but still pretty much the same configuration, similar weight, etc.

For those that have never thrown a leg over a cycle, I think the small ones are the way to go.
    They have you doing some crazy tight turns and with a bigger bike they'd be laying them down all over.

We had 1 tiny woman in our HD class lay hers down regularly. Nobody else had a problem. I don't think she was 5' tall in boots.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Like I said, would take the class, the question is if I can get the time. I'll be sticking to side streets and parking lots for a while until I get my bearings.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    5c63575f42014af81c3e02dde8939b18.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Jedi should get an Ultrasaber. If you get the Emerald board, you can choose any color you want, even pink! *Runs away*

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    bought a new tens unit.

Can't find the charger for the old one. Spent time online looking for one.
    Finally figured I can buy a NEW unit for only $30 dollars or so.

It's better than the one I used to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom