• Status
    Not open for further replies.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    Soooo Jedi bought the first raffle ticket for the Live Free Organizations raffle of a Infinity Solutions Pistol 1 Class raffle.... Let me know if you guys need tickets for the raffle to give him some competition on winning this... It's 5 bucks a ticket or you can join Live Free for a annual fee of 20 bucks and get a free raffle ticket with your membership...

What's live free ?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Chef let me know where you want to hook up...

Melensdad, yes the sump pump works really well, the problem is the people that built this place put the sump pit on the high side of the basement. So the water builds up on the deep side and floods the basement until it finally reaches the pit and drains with a lot of sweeping water towards the pit... It's backwards... But mind you before they widened the street and re-did the storm sewers we never got water...

Blues Bondsman, Live Free USA is the oldest Preppers Organization in the country. It has only been Incorporated since 2006 as a 501c3 educational organization but before the 501c3 status it had been around for 39 years. It also has the oldest still in print Preppers News letter of all of the Survival and Prepper magazines and Organizations today. They do classes locally up at Cabelas and will be holding their Camp Independence Event at Tippecanoe State Park June 15th... A full day of Prepper type classes. If you want any more information you can find it at www.americansurvivor.org .

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Chef let me know where you want to hook up...

Melensdad, yes the sump pump works really well, the problem is the people that built this place put the sump pit on the high side of the basement. So the water builds up on the deep side and floods the basement until it finally reaches the pit and drains with a lot of sweeping water towards the pit... It's backwards... But mind you before they widened the street and re-did the storm sewers we never got water...

Blues Bondsman, Live Free USA is the oldest Preppers Organization in the country. It has only been Incorporated since 2006 as a 501c3 educational organization but before the 501c3 status it had been around for 39 years. It also has the oldest still in print Preppers News letter of all of the Survival and Prepper magazines and Organizations today. They do classes locally up at Cabelas and will be holding their Camp Independence Event at Tippecanoe State Park June 15th... A full day of Prepper type classes. If you want any more information you can find it at www.americansurvivor.org .
    Thanks will send a PM tonight.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hoping I'll be able to cut the grass tonight after work. Trying to get it max amount of time to try and dry. Especially my back yard. Whole corner was water last time .

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    This rain is sooooooo old already... Still bailing the basement out again... I'm so happy the city fixed the storm sewer system, ever since they did that we all get water in the basements on my street...

Soooo Jedi bought the first raffle ticket for the Live Free Organizations raffle of a Infinity Solutions Pistol 1 Class raffle.... Let me know if you guys need tickets for the raffle to give him some competition on winning this... It's 5 bucks a ticket or you can join Live Free for a annual fee of 20 bucks and get a free raffle ticket with your membership...

Nice to see you guys didn't float away with all the rain we have been getting...

How can we get tickets from you? I would take a couple

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I can mow the front and back with only a slight bit of water/mud damage (a few ruts around corners and turns) but the north side of my house with 3 large trees and some elevation change into small runoff valley is a mess. I have a patch of grass that hasn't been mowed for a couple weeks now. I probably could mow it, but I'd have bad ruts and some torn up grass as a result.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds like the ditch in front of my house. I haven't even tried in a few weeks. No way my mower goes in and makes it back out again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Only place I've been stuck is the front of the subdivision, because of construction.
    I do have a tire track line or two in the front yard.

Yesterday the riding mower got a work out, tried to pull some small trees out. Didn't work.
    Used my RYOBI electric yard tools to get a lot of trimming done. Cut the tree/weed/bushes down.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Daughters H.S. Graduation went great last night. Weather cooperated great. Made for a long evening after work. Left at 5:30 and didnt get home till 10:00.

Roofers also wrapped up the new roof yesterday as well. Looks great. Nice 3 tone architectural shingles. Repaired some boards (1×6pine decking) that i knew needed replaced. All new vents and drip edge. Looks great and am happy with the work done. Took them 2 days for a crew of 3 both days.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Bathroom drain clogged. Tried all the 'homeopathic' treatments like vinegar/baking soda/boiling water and plunging. What is a good drain cleaner that won't hurt plastic pipes?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bathroom drain clogged. Tried all the 'homeopathic' treatments like vinegar/baking soda/boiling water and plunging. What is a good drain cleaner that won't hurt plastic pipes?

Liquid draino is fine on plastic. Have to use it here from time to time with the wife and youngest daughters extremely long hair.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Get yourself a drain cat. The clog is usually close to the drain and this will clear 99% of clogs.

It is perfectly safe on pipes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom