Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Unreal

"Emergency School Closing Information for the School City of
    Hobart for Friday, February 1, 2019.

Dear Parents,

The extreme weather has affected our transportation department. All buses in the fleet are not able to start and some are stalling even after running for a period of time. This safety concern, as well as other thawing concerns, forces a decision for another day at home.

The SCOH is enacting eLearning on Friday, February 1. This eLearning day must be used to wrap up/catchup what has been a wonderful week of learning. Get those assignments in and get extra academic assistance. Teachers are ready to help wrap up/catchup due to this unprecedented weather week. We thank you as parents for your patience and support. We have seen some tremendous eLearning. #BrickieUp one more day!"

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    They just cancelled school for the city of Hobart. Apparently they cannot get the buses to start and what ones do start will not stay running.
    Also INDOT are have a lot of plow truck issues and with the snow that we are going to get they won’t be able to keep up with it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm sure Hobart's superintendent contacted all the other ones and everyone's running out to the bus barn to see if there buses work. Hell, they are temperamental on good days.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    east chicago has a heated garage and they ended up putting most of their fleet inside even in the repair bays and everywhere else they could fit them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

but this time its not south shore fault.
    some freight train derailed yesterday on the lines going into chiraqi and that messed up everything going in. crews are still trying to repair the damage but wont get done till this weekend.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I don't know about that run it every 6 hours thing.. I let my truck sit all Tuesday and Wednesday and up to I had to hit a clients at 2PM yesterday and she cranked right over... Screamed a bit when she started but ran great. Now not sure if it is the synthetic oil etc. as the synthetics are supposed to be good down to -40 degrees but no problem yesterday.

Don't worry about the roads turning to crap, with this cold you should get swallowed up by one of those ****cago pot holes soon enough...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    made it to chiraqi no issues.
    i have begun to see bomb craters on the street that are calling themseleves potholes. some of them will damage your car big time.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    welcome to winter and shotty road construction... Enjoy your day over there in the land of criminals... Supposed to be in the +20's today, I'm waiting for the headache to come back with this temperature change although I'll take the + in front of the temperature over the - any day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom