• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Acteon... you should have got there earlier.. I was inside with Byron and a couple other great patriots... They ramrodded the thing through like any good Democrap is known to do... Not one peep of support in that room and yes they were begging for someone to pipe up with some support of their ordinance. A couple of the Councilman tried to act like they were debating ways to fix the ordinance but neither one would say NO to it. I was also disappointed with how they would read the title number of the bill or ordinance being discussed and no real description of which one they were discussing. I'm guessing I would have had issues with about 90 % of what got passed today if I would have known what they were discussing... lol... I'm guessing but I was told that next week the Commissioners have to vote on it yet before it is law. I'm also guessing but if it is enforced I think the effected property owners may be able to sue the county under the Governor's Preemption Act of 1994, not sure... Maybe Billb will chime in on that possibility...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    duh!! they CANNOT allow you to know what bills they are passing. you peasants do NOT need that information!
    how dare you even show up and attempt to stop them.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Acteon... you should have got there earlier.. I was inside with Byron and a couple other great patriots... They ramrodded the thing through like any good Democrap is known to do... Not one peep of support in that room and yes they were begging for someone to pipe up with some support of their ordinance. A couple of the Councilman tried to act like they were debating ways to fix the ordinance but neither one would say NO to it. I was also disappointed with how they would read the title number of the bill or ordinance being discussed and no real description of which one they were discussing. I'm guessing I would have had issues with about 90 % of what got passed today if I would have known what they were discussing... lol... I'm guessing but I was told that next week the Commissioners have to vote on it yet before it is law. I'm also guessing but if it is enforced I think the effected property owners may be able to sue the county under the Governor's Preemption Act of 1994, not sure... Maybe Billb will chime in on that possibility...

What is "the Governor's Preemption Act of 1994"?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    its hello darkness my old friend.
    cause its dark and flipping cold outside!!

Jedi should be happy today instead of complaining. We are getting some snow in Kosciusko and St. Joe/Elkhart Counties. Not "feets and feets" of snow, but snow nonetheless.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hawkeye, It basically stated that in reference to Firearms and Firearms accessories only the State could write law in reference to them. It also set triple damages and allowed the Political body that caused the infraction to pay for all legal fee's incurred to enforce State Law on the infraction. I guess legal fees are not normally allowed to be obtained directly in a law suit except in this case as outlined in the law. This all depends on the plaintiff winning the suit of course. The way it was written "Home Rule" doesn't apply when discussing firearms. That s why the restrictions on GF Zones all are at the State level and not the County or municipality level. Anyway's I'm not a Lawyer but I would guess that enforcing this ordinance in a case where there was no damages caused to another property or person would open the door to the property owner to sue the county under that law.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    well you got your cold...

Soooo how many of you guys got hit by the MS update last night ? If anyone cares just remove the monthly rollup and all your network drives come back

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    well you got your cold...

Soooo how many of you guys got hit by the MS update last night ? If anyone cares just remove the monthly rollup and all your network drives come back

I got mine. Everything seems to be functioning correctly.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Hawkeye, It basically stated that in reference to Firearms and Firearms accessories only the State could write law in reference to them. It also set triple damages and allowed the Political body that caused the infraction to pay for all legal fee's incurred to enforce State Law on the infraction. I guess legal fees are not normally allowed to be obtained directly in a law suit except in this case as outlined in the law. This all depends on the plaintiff winning the suit of course. The way it was written "Home Rule" doesn't apply when discussing firearms. That s why the restrictions on GF Zones all are at the State level and not the County or municipality level. Anyway's I'm not a Lawyer but I would guess that enforcing this ordinance in a case where there was no damages caused to another property or person would open the door to the property owner to sue the county under that law.

OK. I've never heard it referred to by the moniker in your original post. Governor's Preemption Act or whatever. I know about the preemption law in Indiana.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My understanding is that the restriction of the use of guns is still OK.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Jedi, your snow is coming this weekend. I am sure you will still not be happy.
    Welp, put in all the paperwork for my carry permit finally and the wait begins. Fingerprints, filling everything out, all finished, just turned it in today. From my understanding, they said a few weeks, however I had heard others get it pretty quickly, like 2 or 3 weeks. At least Indiana's government is working, I might have to try working for them, hahaha

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Jedi, your snow is coming this weekend. I am sure you will still not be happy.
    Welp, put in all the paperwork for my carry permit finally and the wait begins. Fingerprints, filling everything out, all finished, just turned it in today. From my understanding, they said a few weeks, however I had heard others get it pretty quickly, like 2 or 3 weeks. At least Indiana's government is working, I might have to try working for them, hahaha
    Damn, you are just now applying? :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom