Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I came home and there was no water. Fun times. Now we sit at the mercy of the busted pipe repair guys 2 streets over. :rolleyes:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Some Doctors just prescribe stuff to prescribe something... I had a Doc a while back that prescribed me a inhaler of some type for the Flu. I was looking the stuff up and decided it was time for another Doctor.

I've had a couple customers call me out to put Christmas music on their audio systems... I've been listening to GMRS here at the house... Actually a fair amount of traffic in this area.

No music at the CVU in the hospital though... real quiet...

Something is going to happen with the weather pretty soon here because everything is burning again...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I take Gabapentin but had no idea it was prescribed (in any form) for migraines.

It's used for many neurological problems.
    I take it as a "twofer". Migraines, and tremors.
    It's also used for many types of pain if I remember right.
    And for seizures

https://www.drugs.com/gabapentin.html
    [h=2]What is gabapentin?[/h]

Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain.
    Gabapentin is used in adults to treat neuropathic pain (nerve pain) caused by herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It's used for many neurological problems.
    I take it as a "twofer". Migraines, and tremors.
    It's also used for many types of pain if I remember right.
    And for seizures

https://www.drugs.com/gabapentin.html
    [h=2]What is gabapentin?[/h]

Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain.
    Gabapentin is used in adults to treat neuropathic pain (nerve pain) caused by herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster).

I take it for neuropathy issues. My daughter took it post back surgery. Seems its prescribed for a lot of things.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Your "furnace guy" moved the sensor a bit, and told me I just need to vacuum out the exhaust. Probably spider webs.

So is it running ok now. He is very knowlageable, a tad gruff and usually very affordable.

Personally I've never used him since I've been able to trouble shoot my own problems, but I have worked around him for years and a lot of contractors that I work with use him.

I try to be a jack of all trades for myself and will advise others if my knowhow lets me, but when it comes to doing the work I always reccommend a qualified tradesman.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom