WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    One of those guns that's a head scratcher for me...thoughts

[video=youtube_share;mP-RgvZJKd0]http://youtu.be/mP-RgvZJKd0[/video]

I have one in 9mm and one in 45ACP (been hanging out in the INGO classifieds neighborhood too long).

For the price, I was expecting some grade-2 CZ knock-offs. Technically, they are CZ clones, but they honestly could stand alone (even if they didn't look like well-established pistols). The quality is insane; not just "for the price" - the quality matches just about any pistol costing twice as much. The machining is true ISO-2001 certified (is Turk labor really cheap or something?).

My 9mm has a little over 2,000 rounds through it, and the 45 ate 10 or 11 50-rd boxes of assorted ammo so far.
    The reliability has been 100% for me. Not sure how you beat that.

If you buy one, I think you'll be pretty happy with it. IMO, it's probably the most gun you can get for the money at this time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is it a true clone with identical internal parts?

Most of the clone brands are 'look alikes' that look like a CZ75b but have different internals. Consequently parts compatibility is minimal to non-existent. I think the Swiss made AT24 is one of the very few actual 'clone' guns on the market. Maybe the Israeli made versions too?

I don't know about Tri-Star. I suspect it does not have interchangeable parts compatibility and is just a 'look alike' rather than a clone.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Right. You already have his, so you will have His and Hers 10/22s :):

Is he big enough for a regular one yet?
    Yes, the plan is to have two. He is not big enough yet but when that time comes we will just buy a full size stock to put on his compact. In my dream world I really would like to get those barrels threaded, a 16 inch barrel plus suppressor would look awesome.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne

No.

They did a great job at getting the important stuff right. The magazines are completely compatible, standard CZ75 grips fit the T100 (without looking goofy), and Wolff upgrade-spring kits fit. But that's where it ends. Some of the internal parts are slightly different.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, the plan is to have two. He is not big enough yet but when that time comes we will just buy a full size stock to put on his compact. In my dream world I really would like to get those barrels threaded, a 16 inch barrel plus suppressor would look awesome.
    Just get him a 15-22

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have one in 9mm and one in 45ACP (been hanging out in the INGO classifieds neighborhood too long).

For the price, I was expecting some grade-2 CZ knock-offs. Technically, they are CZ clones, but they honestly could stand alone (even if they didn't look like well-established pistols). The quality is insane; not just "for the price" - the quality matches just about any pistol costing twice as much. The machining is true ISO-2001 certified (is Turk labor really cheap or something?).

My 9mm has a little over 2,000 rounds through it, and the 45 ate 10 or 11 50-rd boxes of assorted ammo so far.
    The reliability has been 100% for me. Not sure how you beat that.

If you buy one, I think you'll be pretty happy with it. IMO, it's probably the most gun you can get for the money at this time.

My only issue I had with mine before I sold it wanting to have one from where my ancestors came from was that while cocked and locked if you really pulled on the trigger it would disengage the safety and fire( all this was done with no mag inserted no round in chamber.) Otherwise very reliable and accurate.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Most of the clone brands are 'look alikes' that look like a CZ75b but have different internals. Consequently parts compatibility is minimal to non-existent. I think the Swiss made AT24 is one of the very few actual 'clone' guns on the market. Maybe the Israeli made versions too?

I don't know about Tri-Star. I suspect it does not have interchangeable parts compatibility and is just a 'look alike' rather than a clone.

Cajun does have a selection of upgrades you can choose made for the Caniks if you haven't been on their site.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Followed the wife on my bike as she made her first 10 or so miles ride on her first bike. it was her first official ride since she took the abate course last year. Not too bad for the first time just needs to get out on it and go.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My gun parts finally came in and as a kid on Christmas couldn't wait to install on my cz's and try out. The firing pins 13 lbs hammer springs went in in under 5 min a piece. My DA pull dropped from roughly 11lbs for both to roughly 7.5lbs. They both run like a dream with no evidence of the extended firing pins doing any extra damage to the primers.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Chef Larry.... that is the M60A3 tank at the American Museum of Military Vehicles in Crown Point. The museum is the last legal rolling museum in the country, so the vehicles all work or are allowed to work by the .gov... This tank was repainted for use in Chiraq the movie shot in Chicago over the last couple weeks so the museum put her on loan for their production. The museum is normally open on sundays and the Vets out there will gladly show anyone that shows up the vehicles and any other historical items they have available about the US military throughout the era's.

PS: They are looking for a Vet who has experience with maintenance on some of the various vehicles they are in charge of taking care of. Send me a PM if you want to get hooked up with a great group of collectors and Veterans that continue to teach about our history and the service to our country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom