Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We are both 34 now and are finding ourselves more home things.

This is our first slicer thing.

2 weeks ago I bought my first rakes and shovels. Lmao.
    Unless you're in a condo/apartment HTF have you not needed a shovel for 34 years unless you are paying for services?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm at the point where I am starting to put stuff away in the new house, and finding all the minor broken things... Guess it is time to buy a drill. What is a good one these days?

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I'm at the point where I am starting to put stuff away in the new house, and finding all the minor broken things... Guess it is time to buy a drill. What is a good one these days?

I started with Ryobi 18 volt - which has grown into multiple drills - saws - air compressor (car tires) - string trimmer - Leaf Blower - Flashlight - Inverter

Most brands have a Multi Pack with 3-4 tools ... $100 to $1000

IMG_3049.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I know the rest of the guys will laugh, but I have had a Black and Decker 20V for about 15-16 years, and it's never failed me. It even came with a bag, a set of drill bits, and a set of screwdriver bits. If you're not going to use and abuse it constantly, something like that should be fine.

This set comes with a bunch of stuff that would nickel and dime you to death if you bought it separately.

1683725413856.png

Last edited:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I know the rest of the guys will laugh, but I have had a Black and Decker 20V for about 15-16 years, and it's never failed me. It even came with a bag, a set of drill bits, and a set of screwdriver bits. If you're not going to use and abuse it constantly, something like that should be fine.

This set comes with a bunch of stuff that would nickel and dime you to death if you bought it separately.

View attachment 275173
    I like my dewalt, I have some old and some new. Haven’t done me wrong. Was never too happy with the battery on my hitachi. I’m not laughing snap, I still may have the black and decker battery that fits an old dewalt of mine. Black and decker owns dewalt. Heck, they own Porter cable and craftsman too, be proud!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Go read a few pages back we have the red vs orange vs green vs yellow royal rumble already most on here seem to fall in the green and red camp. Me I will spend the extra couple dollars to get the orange and lifetime warranty

Edit to add: I started with ryobi and batteries died in an unreasonably short amount of time which led me to look into rigid with lifetime warranty even on batteries

And we used Milwaukee at work and the tools couldn’t withstand the punishment.

I have yet to use the warranty with rigid but everything is registered and won’t hesitate to do so when a battery starts to crap out which they inevitably will

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Watch these listings for Ryobi tools.

I've made over a dozen orders from him and you can find some outstanding deals, especially if you watch for the 30% off the already discounted prices. (make sure it rings up 30% off because occasionally it'll show the discount but not apply it)

I've bought 40v chainsaws, pole saws, blowers and backpack blowers, string trimmers. The 18v I just started but one of the cordless rotary tools just arrived yesterday. Earlier I bought a couple of 'tool packs' for about $75 each. Pack contained drill, impact driver, circular saw, multi-tool, light, and recip saw. Also two batteries and a charger. That's a LOT of tools for $75.
    ryobi-power-tool-combo-kits-pcl1600k2-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom