• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    3 weeks until I'm in the ocean, or at least the Gulf. I prefer the Atlantic beaches (more waves to play in), but the water there is a bit chilly for the kids this time of year.

I've been in shoulder deep water and had baitfish start jumping all around me, but the odds are it was just mackerel or bluefish chasing a school and not a shark. If I'm wrong, I'll get to be on the news.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Octopuses are pretty cool so there's a plus for the ocean. If they ever evolve any kind of longevity, we might be doomed though.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's just the ones you know about. How many were eaten alone, never to be seen again? :dunno:
    Sharks DO NOT eat people.
    Sharks will bite humans thinking it is food (seal, bird, etc) but as soon as they taste us realize we are not food and leave.

The bite can be deadly to humans depending on the severity of it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What a let down of a snow storm. We stocked up on milk, bread and eggs in anticipation. Looks like we'll be eating a lot of french toast for a while.
    Went to Aldi after work yesterday around 5pm and there was 3 cartons of eggs left, zero milk expect for the skim milk and the bread section was 50% gone. :facepalm:

U people!!!

Luckily bananas they had and the oven pizzas. :)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Went to Aldi after work yesterday around 5pm and there was 3 cartons of eggs left, zero milk expect for the skim milk and the bread section was 50% gone. :facepalm:

U people!!!

Luckily bananas they had and the oven pizzas. :)
    Made a run to Jewel yesterday morning for some odds and ends. Cashier was surprised I had milk with my other groceries. The night before the 'storm' I hear was a madhouse.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hopefully the roads are relatively dry by noon-ish because I gotta go pick my bike up at the Kawi dealer in Valpo/South Haven some time today(recall work done and changed the tires)

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Odds are better that we die in our bed doesn’t mean I won’t use my bed anymore. Every time you get behind the wheel of a car you risk your life. point being life has risks. And the risk of being attacked by a shark is more of an irrational fear because of Hollywood and the “unknown” aspect of the ocean.

Attachments

• living-in-a-bubble.jpg
      living-in-a-bubble.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 2

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They almost always predict more snow than we actually get, and predict more rain than we actually get, and predict more anything like excessive heat or wind than we actually get. They must get money for that somehow, maybe through ratings and getting people to watch? I don't know but it seems pretty reliable that they are crying wolf for some reason.
    They own stock in bread, milk, and eggs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom