• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wake up. Vaccines do this all the time. Doctors will deny the negative effects and blame "genetics" for all adverse reactions that happen coincidentally after vaccines are administered. The safety numbers of vaccines are skewed because of hospitals' refusal to admit many of the deaths and horrible reactions that are directly caused by vaccines.

This is not just the case for Gardasli, or the H1N1 vaccine. This goes for all vaccines. Right down to the annual "flu-shot." They contain mercury, lead, and aluminum that will come back to haunt you. Your body has all the tools to fight off diseases without these harmful, unstudied, and dangerous vaccines. Modern medicine will help you live through any disease, but nobody can save you from the neurological disorders caused by the vaccines themselves.

There is a benefit for Zeda on November 21, 2009. Please join them and help the cause.

Family: Vaccine left teen in 'fight for life'

Zeda Pingel was a bright, popular and healthy teenage girl until her pediatrician administered a vaccine last November during a routine checkup.

Today, the 14-year-old Lake Station girl is imprisoned in a body that has suffered a series of life-threatening reactions to the vaccine called Gardasil, her family insists.

"Before she was given the vaccine, she was a straight-A student who loved talking on the phone, playing paintball, and just being a teenager," said her mother, Amy Pingel. "Now look at her."

Zeda spends every day in a hospital bed in the family's living room, surrounded by medical equipment, get-well cards and a crucifix on the wall.

She is mostly unresponsive, although it's a marked improvement from just a couple months ago when she showed no signs of being functional, let alone interactive. She receives round-the-clock care, daily visits from a nurse, and her slightest twitch or facial movement is heralded as a breakthrough.

"Yet to this day not one doctor will go on the record saying that Gardasil did this to my daughter," said Pingel, a single mother of four who has had to quit her job to take care of Zeda. "And I don't think they ever will."

Gardasil is billed as the only cervical cancer vaccine to help protect females against four types of human papilloma virus, or HPV. Those four types comprise more than two-thirds of all cervical cancer cases.

Each year, roughly 12,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and nearly 4,000 women die in this country, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

To counter those numbers, 26 million doses of Gardasil have been distributed in this country since its launch in 2006.

According to federal and global health officials, repeated studies have found "no serious side effects" with Gardasil, and federal agencies continue to support the vaccine's safety and effectiveness.

This includes the American Cancer Society, which recommends routine HPV vaccinations -- "to potentially prevent the majority of cases and deaths of cervical cancer" -- for females ages 11 to 12 and "catch up" vaccinations for females ages 13 to 18.

Zeda was given the first of a planned series of three Gardasil shots on Nov. 5, 2008, at North Shore Health Centers in Portage. She never got to that second shot, let alone the third.

When Zeda's only Gardasil shot was administered the doctor advised Zeda's mother that the girl may have a headache, slight dizziness or possible swelling at the injection site, but nothing more.

Within days, she showed signs of abnormal behavior, including constant headaches, lightheadedness and mental confusion to the point of not being able to text-message her friends.

On Nov. 29, Zeda suffered a massive seizure and was rushed to the hospital where she couldn't speak, eat or drink. In the emergency room, she was tested for alcohol and drugs, which came back negative.

"Doctors thought she may be faking it for attention," her mother said. "She was always a drama queen, but nothing like this."

One hospital even installed a video recorder in her room to "catch her faking," Amy said.

But this was no drama-queen performance.

"Over the next few days, Zeda began the fight for her life," explained her aunt, Charity Savage. "We knew something was terribly wrong."

Zeda was later airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis and placed on life support. She stayed in the pediatric ICU for two months undergoing countless tests but no definitive diagnosis.

One test revealed a shadow on the left side of her brain, described to the family as encephalitis, attacking her immune and nervous systems.

After minimal improvement, Zeda was released on Feb. 6 only to return there three days later in an ambulance with a high temperature and dangerously low blood pressure. She was given 72 hours to live.

"We didn't think she would make it," her mother said.

But she did. She was released March 31, still with no written diagnosis or treatment plan.

"We were told only verbally by doctors that this was a vaccine reaction," Savage said. "It was disregarded as if unrelated."

"We were told to keep her comfortable and wait for improvement," Amy said. "That's it. No others answers."

Officials at North Shore Health Centers and the Riley Hospital for Children refused comment, citing patient privacy restrictions. For input from Gardasil's maker, Merck, see sidebar.

Today, Zeda is at home, bedridden, still on a feeding tube, and taking the tiniest of baby steps to survive.

"She can move some of her fingers. Other than that, we've only gotten a few smiles here and there," her aunt said.

Zeda continues to receive physical and occupational therapy - covered by taxpayer dollars through Medicaid - a painful and belabored daily ritual in the hope she will someday be able to walk, talk, and, well, be a teenager again.

"She will turn her head toward you when you talk to her, which lets us know she can hear us. This is an improvement given the fact that only a couple months ago she was completely unresponsive," Savage said.

Results from an EEG show Zeda no longer has seizure activity, but not one test has provided a cause to her illness.

"We have yet to get a prognosis for her condition," Savage said.

Still, Zeda's amazing family, siblings and all, continues to keep the faith for her recovery, even as she remains imprisoned in her own wilting body.

"If I knew this was a possible side effect, I would never have let my daughter get this shot," Amy said angrily.

Thousands of parents across Northwest Indiana may face the same decision for their daughter, or someday for their son.

In Zeda's name, make sure you do your homework before you decide.

Last edited:

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    That is so unfortunate. There has to be some link between all the vaccinations that we are required to have and the rampant increases in autism and other problems that are affecting our youth. I was just required to get 4 shots for travel to Mexico and I didn't feel right for 3 days. Isn't there a better option?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Our kids are unvacc'ed for a reason,

"make sure you do your homework before you decide"

Oh yeah it is this one right here^^^^^^^^

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    while tragic, this is statistically insignificant. medical science works by risk vs benefit.

this is media sensationalism at its best. as a gun owner,im surprised you subscribe to the same tactics the media uses against your 2A rights.

look at it this way- people have died from taking penicillin. people have died from getting IV tobramycin. is the word better off without antibiotics?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I do not subscribe to any media propaganda.

My wife and I did however do nearly a year of research and thorough thought processing before our daughter arrived and then more prior to our son.

It is my right as an American to live free and make choices on my own, you can disagree but don't try to sway our decision with your biased propaganda and fear mongering

I as my children's father must protect them from anything I feel is not in their best interest or conducive to their well-being, we educated ourselves and made the choice to let our children's immune system work naturally like the human body worked for thousands of years prior to vaccines.

it is also as you stated "statistically insignificant" unless it is your child, then I am afraid it is the only statistic in the world that matters

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

My wife and I did however do nearly a year of research and thorough thought processing before our daughter arrived and then more prior to our son.

It is my right as an American to live free and make choices on my own, you can disagree but don't try to sway our decision with your biased propaganda and fear mongering

I as my children's father must protect them from anything I feel is not in their best interest or conducive to their well-being, we educated ourselves and made the choice to let our children's immune system work naturally like the human body worked for thousands of years prior to vaccines.

it is also as you stated "statistically insignificant" unless it is your child, then I am afraid it is the only statistic in the world that matters

i have no propaganda to spread. what i do for living is to make my patients live healthier and longer lives. that is my agenda.

i will always respect a patient's autonomy and the right to receive or refuse treatment. but your statement totally smacks of media sensationalism.

i will ask you the same thing all of us ask when some jerk shoots someone and the media calls for more laws. should be ban vaccines? and when looking out for your children, should we ban cars? better not let your daughter ever drive/sit in a car.....

again i ask you, should we not use imipenem in critically ill patients because it can cause seizures? should we not give ACEIs to diabetics because they can cause ARF? risk vs benefit. i agree that what happened to that girl is terrible. but we dont know all of the facts, either.

diseases like polio didnt just disappear in this country.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think we have to be careful in declaring all vaccines are bad. I think we quickly forget how bad polio, smallpox, typhus, diptheria were in this country before these vaccines made them rarely seen in this country.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    As I said before if others want to use or distribute modern meds that is your right , it is my right to protect my kids from companies and people that produce/distribute drugs for profit no matter what they may do to people

Distribute all the medicine you want just don't bash me for protecting my kids from the medicine that we disagree with.

Your comments on firearms and cars have nothing to do with this topic, my children will be educated to make their own informed (from both sides of the argument) not to be fed one line and to jump head long into a belief distributed by one side. This applies to everything in life, medicine, schooling, etc

At this point I am pretty sure you and I have bantered back and forth on this topic in other vacc. threads so I am walking away from this conversation agreeing to disagree with you and holding my head high for the decisions we made no matter what you say about it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Autism rates have exactly followed the increase in vaccination rates in our country, over the last 50 years. There are a host of other disorders that have increased that mysteriously never get explained, but always appear in vaccinated people.

I have a DVD I will let to watch if you are willing to see the other side and be objective.

Personally, I'd rather take the chance of getting polio and dealing with it through modern treatments, than the chance of becoming a vegetable and having no medical solution whatsoever.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    :dunno: I can't find where anyone said all vaccines are bad

When my kids are able to make decisions on their own and if they then decide to get the vaccines they will be free to do as they please with their bodies, if my son decides to get circ'ed when he is old enough to make his own decisions that is his choice to make not mine

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I respect your decision in this matter, but I must point out some issues in your STATED reasoning.

First, letting the immune system work naturally doesn't mean a whole lot. People for many years prior to modern medicine took actions which they knew to be good for them. Drinking wine or beer as opposed to natural water was more healthy because all the microbes that were in the water were destroyed or weakened by the alcohol. Furthermore, people would expose their children to cow pox because they knew there was some protection offered against small pox. Were these things natural, I don't think so. What would be natural is letting many persons die until man's own defenses provided sufficient immunity through evolution.

Second, the vaccination to prevent certain diseases has certainly done more good than harm. As an example, small pox killed millions and vaccination has practically eradicated the virus. When vaccinations were ongoing, deadly side effects were estimated to be about 500 per 1,000,000 vaccinated. Assuming the entire planet's population was vaccinated (8 billion), that would produce almost 4 million deadly reactions. Though the deaths due to vaccination could be significant, a 0.05% death rate is statistically insignificant. Smallpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Third, the loss of a child by a parent is always devastating to the parent, but still not a sufficient reason to advocate not doing something with such a low risk. I will preface this statement with the fact that I am not a parent and acknowledgment that my views most likely may change when I do become a parent. All that being said, I should not use my own biased attachment to my children to advocate against a low risk activity. This same argument has been used by countless mothers who's child died from a gun shot. To them, the fact that gun ownership is statistically safe does not make a difference, the only thing that is important is that their child died.

In short, you have a made a researched and informed decision. One that I respect and may some day agree with. However, the reasons you STATE do not, in my humble opinion, support the conclusion you have made. I do recognize that my own counterarguments are based on utilitarian rationales (the good of the many outweight the good of the few) and could be used to support any number of positions I disagree with. I offer the counterarguments only to foster additional discussion.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Second, the vaccination to prevent certain diseases has certainly done more good than harm. As an example, small pox killed millions and vaccination has practically eradicated the virus. When vaccinations were ongoing, deadly side effects were estimated to be about 500 per 1,000,000 vaccinated. Assuming the entire planet's population was vaccinated (8 billion), that would produce almost 4 million deadly reactions. Though the deaths due to vaccination could be significant, a 0.05% death rate is statistically insignificant. Smallpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Third, the loss of a child by a parent is always devastating to the parent, but still not a sufficient reason to advocate not doing something with such a low risk.

I firmly believe the rates of vaccine-related-injury are largely distorted and made to look smaller than they truly are. Time and time again cases of vaccine-injuries are brushed under the rug and not are denied to have anything to do with vaccines. If the true numbers were revealed, this debate would go quite differently.

Here is a result of one independent study. Studies like these have never been conducted by the CDC, AMA, or any Government agency. Doctors who question the establishment are stripped of their licenses, ridiculed, and otherwise discredited, by those who have vested interests in keeping these studies from being done.

Vaccinated Vs. Unvaccinated Study

All vaccinated boys, compared to unvaccinated boys:
    - Vaccinated boys were 155% more likely to have a neurological disorder (RR 2.55)
    - Vaccinated boys were 224% more likely to have ADHD (RR 3.24)
    - Vaccinated boys were 61% more likely to have autism (RR 1.61)
    1x1.gif

Older vaccinated boys, ages 11-17 (about half the boys surveyed), compared to older unvaccinated boys:

- Vaccinated boys were 158% more likely to have a neurological disorder (RR 2.58)
    - Vaccinated boys were 317% more likely to have ADHD (RR 4.17)
    - Vaccinated boys were 112% more likely to have autism (RR 2.12)
    1x1.gif
    (Note: older children may be a more reliable indicator because many children are not diagnosed until they are 6-8 years old, and we captured data beginning at age 4.)
    1x1.gif

All vaccinated boys, removing one county with unusual results (Multnomah, OR), compared to unvaccinated boys:
    - Vaccinated boys were 185% more likely to have a neurological disorder (RR 2.85)
    - Vaccinated boys were 279% more likely to have ADHD (RR 3.79)
    - Vaccinated boys were 146% more likely to have autism (RR 2.46)
    1x1.gif

All vaccinated boys and girls, compared to unvaccinated boys and girls:
    - Vaccinated boys and girls were 120% more likely to have asthma (RR 2.20)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sadly the article that advises we do our due dilligence in research provides no useful information. It does not even mention what specific vaccine was given that the family thinks is the culprit. All that we get is fear, but no info, followed by a command to go forth and get info.

Sadly, useless.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    this is media sensationalism at its best. as a gun owner,im surprised you subscribe to the same tactics the media uses against your 2A rights.

All that being said, I should not use my own biased attachment to my children to advocate against a low risk activity. This same argument has been used by countless mothers who's child died from a gun shot. To them, the fact that gun ownership is statistically safe does not make a difference, the only thing that is important is that their child died.

I personally feel this has no relevant correlation to the anti-gun argument.

The gun argument hinges around personal responsibility vs. disarming everyone for safety. Freedom vs. Safety.

The vaccine debate has nothing to do with the other. I don't suggest banning vaccines, but I would like to see accurate studies done, informed parents, and government out of the picture completely. Mandatory vaccines are a travesty. Government-forcing anything into you is very unconstitutional. Volunteer basis only, with less pressure from doctors, more educated parents, and less government push.

I do recognize that my own counterarguments are based on utilitarian rationales (the good of the many outweight the good of the few) and could be used to support any number of positions I disagree with. I offer the counterarguments only to foster additional discussion.

At least you recognize that it is a dangerous road you are walking on. Liberty gets put by the wayside when Government forces things that are for the "public good."

All that being said, I should not use my own biased attachment to my children to advocate against a low risk activity.

Some of us simply disagree that the risks are low. There are a whole bunch of diseases that vaccines are looking very suspicious for causing, or contributing to causing. Autism, SIDS, Asthma, Chrone's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Menengitis, ADHD, Gulf War Syndrome, Cancers, etc.

There literally are carcinogens and poisons in the vaccines. Just because people aren't dropping dead immediately after the shot (and some do), doesn't mean they are not contributing to many larger problems in society, that never have been recognized by those who wish to keep pushing vaccines. Some of these diseases take many years to manifest, but may have been caused by vaccines to begin with.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sadly the article that advises we do our due dilligence in research provides no useful information. It does not even mention what specific vaccine was given that the family thinks is the culprit. All that we get is fear, but no info, followed by a command to go forth and get info.

Sadly, useless.

Gardasil is the name of the vaccine, I have it highlighted and bolded. My sister took it and had a seizure immediately. No lie. Simply google "gardasil deaths" and read many stories from grieving parents who have lost a child to this vaccine design to prevent a petty STD.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't really want to jump in the fray here, but I don't subscribe to the tinfoil theory on vaccines. I am sure that there are cases where vaccines can cause harm, and I would be utterly devastated if it were my child. But vaccines have saved millions of lives in this country.

What if an overwhelmingly majority of parents decided not to vaccinate their kids? Think about it. Think about what could happen. It is safe to make a decision to not vaccinate your child (mostly safe) because almost all the other children around him/her are vaccinated. You can comfortably make this decision because other parents have made a different one. :twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Gardasil is the name of the vaccine, I have it highlighted and bolded. My sister took it and had a seizure immediately. No lie. Simply google "gardasil deaths" and read many stories from grieving parents who have lost a child to this vaccine design to prevent a petty STD.

Thanks, missed it.

Top Bottom