• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I'm on a tight budget, but love shooting USPSA, Steel, and a little IDPA. I don't enjoy freezing my ass off in the winter and losing progress I made in the previous season due to lack of live fire practice. I need to find a way to keep getting better through the winter.

I was wondering if there was any interest in NWI to start a little league of indoor airsoft IPSC? Think of the practice you could get in if you could shoot a match in an hour or less multiple times a week for pennies on the dollar? Targets are cheap and light, and stages could be changed in a minute or two...

Whatcha think?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm not in NWI, but would absolutely compete if there were one in Indy. I'm still stuck trying to get some good input on what would be the absolutely most beneficial air soft training gun to replicate a 1911 though. Anyone know much about the Tokyo Marui MEU or the Western Arms 1911s?

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Hmm. Then I change my vote.

I have NO airsoft gear though. I mean nothing.

What was your vote?
    I have none either... maybe if we got a few people together who were interested we could share some gear... it seems a decent gun will run about $169 or so.
    Bam airsoft makes some awesome targets too. Very reasonable pricing too. Texas stars, poppers, plate racks, steel challenge kits, etc.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not in NWI, but would absolutely compete if there were one in Indy. I'm still stuck trying to get some good input on what would be the absolutely most beneficial air soft training gun to replicate a 1911 though. Anyone know much about the Tokyo Marui MEU or the Western Arms 1911s?

I've been very happy with my Tokyo Marui Glock 17. It's fairly accurate, and has held up (about 7,000 rounds) without wearing out.

The one problem I've found with a lot of air soft guns is they are often a few thousands of an inch thicker than the real thing. You may need a separate holster adjusted specifically for the air soft gun.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Nov 16, 2009
    I might be down. It sounds interesting anyway.

It wouldn't be a replacement for range time, but it could supplement if there is no other given option. Hell, given the way this country is going, air soft may end up the only game in town, look at the japs.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well, that's why I do not support any type of sanctioning of this. This is purely informal practice. We dont want to give any one any ideas about replacing our games with "toys".

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Anyone have a link to quality airsoft? I don't even know where to start.

Also, we can make holsters for these. A couple of hours and we would have all we need.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Im researching now.

Bam airsoft sells uspsa targets.

A quailty gun is next on my list to find. I wouldnt be opposed to the idea of a few guys throwing in a gun to start. I cant host practice because I lack a garage and a basement. So whomever has a good venue could keep the equipment at their place...

romack991

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2012
    I had bought a WE 1911 green gas gun and used propane. I ended up returning it after a week. Mags would leak and rapid fire would make them very cold and not work well. It was fun and decently accurate. Made the basement stink. The slide was actually a little wider than my real gun so it didn't fit my holster well without adjusting it. BBs go everywhere.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I ordered a Tokyo Marui MEU with a few recommended upgraded parts. It (or the comparable units from Western Arms) seem to be the top recommendations on the airsoft forums. I couldn't find a Western Arms pistol anywhere, and the MEU is configured pretty close to my personal game gun, so we'll see how it goes. I'll post my experience after I get the equipment next week.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Ok, I'm back to report that after using my Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU GBB pistol for about 3 hrs, I've already gotten $200 worth of fun from it! I think this thing is going to make a heck of a nice little indoor winter trainer for me. Its accurate, the controls operate just as they should and I am getting over 20 shots per magazine before having refill gas (and I bought two extra magazines, so refilling is not that big of a deal). Aside from my basement smelling like a ate every bean burrito in Indianapolis (from the propane), this thing is a keeper, so far.

Oct 22, 2012
    If you want a quality airsoft replica consider getting KWA line of pistols with NS2 gas system.
    I have their 1911 Mark III PTP and it has performed flawlessly. It feels like a real 1911, it weights about the same and it fits all the real steal 1911 holsters. I have been actively playing airsoft for the last 5 years and I always make a points to use as much real gear as I can, therefore all my replicas are compatible with my real steal holsters, mag carriers, etc.

Stay away from WE, its a hit or miss, you will safe few $$$ in the beginning but will regret it in the long run. I also have KWA Sig 226 and it fits all my holsters for real steal P220 as well, it's an exact 1:1 replica. If you have any questions about airsoft gear I will be glad to help as well as point to to the best retailers/deal online.

I like the idea of a airsoft practice league.

Top Bottom