• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack1861

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Maybe not so much.....

Prison Planet.com » NSA Spying Is About Intimidating the Media, American Citizens

From the article:

"the threat posed to Americans by terrorism is grossly exaggerated and overhyped. Americans are*more likely to be killed by toddlers*than terrorists. Intestinal illnesses, allergic reactions to peanuts, bee stings, drowning in the bath, or accident-causing deer*all individually pose a greater threat*to Americans than terrorists. So the whole debate about sacrificing privacy for security is a total fraud"

Some might submit that the only goal of the state is protection and expansion of the state....nothing more.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The whole spiel about "stopping terrorists" would seem to be accurate if we remember that Janet Napolitano and the DHS consider many of US to be terrorists...it just depends on how broadly the Administration defines the word "terrorist." I agree with you though, it's about exercising total control over a populace that you regard as servants, not stakeholders.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    If the government keeps the populace scared it's easier to get their agenda by us. It's like when they had that stupid terror level warning that was on every news channel. It freaked a lot of people out and helped get us to where we are today with very little privacy and our rights slowly being chipped away in the name of safety.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If the government keeps the populace scared it's easier to get their agenda by us. It's like when they had that stupid terror level warning that was on every news channel. It freaked a lot of people out and helped get us to where we are today with very little privacy and our rights slowly being chipped away in the name of safety.

Code Orange!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I thought the same thing when this story was first broken, intimidating American citizens and restricting free speech. I heard about areas throughout our country that were designed to collect all forms of electronic media a year or so ago when it was exposed on PBS. (Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, on PBS.) It also made me wonder that if all forms of media are being recorded, copied, and stored, what is there to stop the government from editing and falsifying the collected material to incriminate and frame those who oppose them?

No doubt about it, this is tyranny.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, so heres a hypothetical question for everyone....lets say that all this is true, and that the Government is purposely intimidating people for the purpose of, for the lack of a better word, coup d'tat. how long would it take the governemnt to crack down on the country once the people find out whats really going on? Would the government win such a fight?

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Ok, so heres a hypothetical question for everyone....lets say that all this is true, and that the Government is purposely intimidating people for the purpose of, for the lack of a better word, coup d'tat. how long would it take the governemnt to crack down on the country once the people find out whats really going on? Would the government win such a fight?

In my opinion, the government could never when a fight at this time with the circumstances that you described. However, if they have the time to condition everyone, they will eventually win, that is what scares me the most. It's the little by little encroachment on our freedom, our rights, that will be our undoing if we continue to allow it to happen.

Jack1861

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    It's been going on for decades.... As long the state continues with bread and circuses, the citizen will continue to forge his own chains. I suspect the majority are already past the tipping point.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    As we be become more and more dependent on electronic communication and purchasing we will be tracked by the government.

Top Bottom