• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yes, Louisville logistics stink on ice. So looking forward to being in the best city for the Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, in 2019.

Atlanta is a massive convention city, so it should be good. Dallas will be a nightmare. Ugh.

Indy food rocks. We have much, much better restaurants than anyone else and more variety.
    Having been to both places (Louisville twice) I have to say that for an out-of-towner Indy wasn't that great. After 45 minutes of driving around downtown Indy, we finally found a private garage about 6 blocks from the venue. At the Dallas convention I attended with the wifey, we stayed in a hotel and took a bus to the venue. We took in just about everything, including a dinner with Chuck Heston. Everything went smoothly. One thing about the NRA Annual Meetings is that they have grown by leaps and bounds in attendance, which I'm sure makes it harder and harder to find a large enough venue. I don't know about the restaurants. I'm not much on high brow places, but I know that if you didn't think that Louisville (I'm certainly no Louisville apologist) has top restaurants, you didn't look very hard. Some of them are: Jack Fry's, Wild Eggs, Brown Hotel, Mayan Cafe, Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse, Havana Rumba, Mussel and Burger Bar, J. Grahams Cafe and Doc Crows. If you want low brow fare, like me, Clarksville, IN has a lot of good places on Veteran's Parkway. All that being said, if they have another NRA Annual Meeting in Indy, I'll attend, Lord willing.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know that the city had an area reserved for protesters near the parking ticket booths at the entrance. Anyone see any protesters?

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I went to the show on fri had a good time got to meet team Miculek, Chris Hodgdon, Martin Tuason and Hickok45 all were very nice down to earth people.Got to check out a lot of firearms and accessories with no one trying to pressure you into buying anything .The traffic and parking was awful but the show was worth it. Complaints I had in show was food and drink prices and finding the bersa booth only to find guns were locked in cabinet and no one to help you.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Marvin Kemper's reproduction of John Small's Grouseland Rifle -- Indiana's Official State Rifle -- is turning heads at the NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville. Stop by the NMLRA- National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, booth #3908. Take a look and say howdy.

Authorized Bicentennial Reproduction of Indiana's Official State Rifle will be offered at auction on GunBroker.com from 15 August to 5 September 2016.

If you are an NMRLA member, see the June issue of "Muzzle Blasts" for a cover story on Indiana's first sheriff John Small (1750-1821), his place in Indiana history and frontier gunsmithing, and the story of how the Bicentennial Reproduction came to be.

NRAAM_Grouseland.Rifle_zps0v0fkfvf.jpg

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Wife and I just got back home. We spent friday and saturday nights at the Marriott downtown. The hotel worked out great. We were within walking distance to 4th st live, the toby keith concert, and took free shuttle busses to and from the show multiple times a day. I was able to talk with all the companies I wanted too at the show. Wife won a Geissele trigger and we came home with some cool swag. All in all it was a great long weekend.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Did he appear to be sober ? I really like Toby Keith but the last two times my wife and I went to his concert(s) at the Klipsch Music Center I'm pretty certain he was under the influence. He still put on a pretty good show and I like his old and new songs . . . . . but, just say'in. Glad you enjoyed the show.

to me he acted like he was extremely bored and didnt want to be there. i thought chris janson was great but left about 6 songs into toby keith.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Days one and two were spent as a volunteer at the South A Registration booth. Enjoyed the time with other volunteers and helping people find their way around the Annual Meeting events.

Day three, I took my Father In-law to the exhibition hall and watched his eyes get bigger and bigger... His first & my second Meeting. We got back to their house and as we discussed the little time we spent there, he asked me when it was returning to Indy. I told him in '19 and he immediately said, "In 2019, we're going." there was no discussion... LoL

I'm going back for day 4 (Sunday) to see if there are any good deals on mags @ Magpul & maybe swing by the 5.11 booth with my TDK, looking for a sporran.

2019, THANK YOU, that was the info I was looking for .....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    AAR with Pics needed for all of us poor people who could not make it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Having been to both places (Louisville twice) I have to say that for an out-of-towner Indy wasn't that great. After 45 minutes of driving around downtown Indy, we finally found a private garage about 6 blocks from the venue. At the Dallas convention I attended with the wifey, we stayed in a hotel and took a bus to the venue. We took in just about everything, including a dinner with Chuck Heston. Everything went smoothly. One thing about the NRA Annual Meetings is that they have grown by leaps and bounds in attendance, which I'm sure makes it harder and harder to find a large enough venue. I don't know about the restaurants. I'm not much on high brow places, but I know that if you didn't think that Louisville (I'm certainly no Louisville apologist) has top restaurants, you didn't look very hard. Some of them are: Jack Fry's, Wild Eggs, Brown Hotel, Mayan Cafe, Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse, Havana Rumba, Mussel and Burger Bar, J. Grahams Cafe and Doc Crows. If you want low brow fair, like me, Clarksville, IN has a lot of good places on Veteran's Parkway. All that being said, if they have another NRA Annual Meeting in Indy, I'll attend, Lord willing.
    Jeff Rubys was the place in downtown Louisville that made a big scene the last time Trump was in town, saying he (Trump) wasn't welcome there. I wonder how many NRA people unwittingly spent money in that place this weekend! **** Jeff Rubys, they'll never get another dime of mine.*

*yeah yeah yeah, "their place, their rules", I get it. I also have a saying, "my money, my rules". **** Jeff Rubys.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I didn't know about this but glad to know it...I'm with you....

Jeff Rubys was the place in downtown Louisville that made a big scene the last time Trump was in town, saying he (Trump) wasn't welcome there. I wonder how many NRA people unwittingly spent money in that place this weekend! **** Jeff Rubys, they'll never get another dime of mine.*

*yeah yeah yeah, "their place, their rules", I get it. I also have a saying, "my money, my rules". **** Jeff Rubys.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    There was 4 of us that went on Friday. We left the Southside of Indy at 5:30am, stopped for breakfast on the I and drove right into the place with no traffic at all. We went to the NRA store when we got in waiting for the rest to open at 9. Walked down every isle and stopped at the booths that we were interested in. Spent a lot of time at the Wilson Combat/IDPA booth talking to those great people. Bought 5 47D mags for $100.00. Went back on my way out at bought 5 500-9 mags for the 9mm Springer. Got to hold and finger a 4lb double barrel 1911. That thing was really really cool but I'm not Chuck Norris so I couldn't imagine shooting the thing. All in all, it was a really good time. I wore the new style INGO shirt and my USDS hat. Saw 1 guy wearing a tan INGO shirt there but didn't get a chance to talk to them. Had lunch in the venue and shared a table with the owners of Plainfield Shooting Supplies, great people. We left around 3:45 and had very light traffic to the bridge. Got back to Point Blank on the Southside at 5:30. This was my first NRA convention and I can't wait till the 2019 convention in INDY. -Jason

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I know that the city had an area reserved for protesters near the parking ticket booths at the entrance. Anyone see any protesters?

Knowing the knuckleheads in Louisville politics, I am surprised they didn't have shuttle busses bringing protesters in for the event (I live in Jeffersonville and am way too familiar with the idiot policies of the city). I work at the airport and if it were not for that, I would not willingly cross the damn river.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Knowing the knuckleheads in Louisville politics, I am surprised they didn't have shuttle busses bringing protesters in for the event (I live in Jeffersonville and am way too familiar with the idiot policies of the city). I work at the airport and if it were not for that, I would not willingly cross the damn river.

The "protests" at past NRAAM did not go well for them. They were humiliated in Indianapolis.

This year they went to Spaulding University and watched a movie.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's really sad, because Kentucky is an awesome state, with great people, as long as you stay away from the influence of the Louisville and, to a lesser degree, Lexington libtards.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I definitely know what you mean. It's pretty hard to take the constant barrage of liberal propaganda that flows from there. We usually only go over for a show or the fair. I didn't see any protesters though. I'm one of those Indyucky folks...put Indiana first.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    This was my wife's first NRAAM. She really enjoyed it. She got to handle a lot of different pistols. With her small hands and arthritis, it was illuminating the difference in her perception of degree of difficulty in racking various slides, trigger pull, and grip handle comfort. She found some 9mm easier than some .380s. She did not care for some triggers that are highly regarded by some. Interestingly, she really liked the trigger on the Kimber K6s revolver

Top Bottom