• 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    You're not wrong.

I'm not saying BLM and the Clinton Foundation isn't corrupt. But the NRA definitely was, and they'll pay for it. Everything is political. If you're going against the grain, you have to be spotless. The NRA wasn't.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Follow the money. WLP (among others) should probably face criminal charges for how they used donor money.
    When liberals attack NRA, they`re attacking all of us, it`s that simple, it`s that straightforward. Their end game is total destruction of Second Amendment rights in America. They once hid their real intentions, or at least openly denied them. But today, they`ll look you in the eye and tell you they mean to take all your arms. Even just one vote, for just one liberal is a slap in the face to the Bill of Rights and freedom loving Americans everywhere.
    Agreed. Occasionally I get frustrated with the NRA (or think “they aren’t doing enough for me!”) but...who is doing more for us? No one. I’ve payed to support two other “new” gun rights groups in the last two years. In my opinion, they are simply taking members/donors away from the most powerful ally we have, the NRA. I’d like to see some fresh leadership and more transparency about our donated $$. Also, maybe too much transparency is ammo for the anti gunners. Maybe :scratch:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The agenda driven media are just reporting on a public lawsuit filed by a state attorney general. Go read the lawsuit.
    I'm as pro 2a as any other guy in here, but the NRA has been misusing funds for years. And now they are about to get undone for it.
    No, WE are about to get "undone" for it. ANYONE who assists in the destruction of the NRA is a traitor, and worse.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Agreed. Occasionally I get frustrated with the NRA (or think “they aren’t doing enough for me!”) but...who is doing more for us? No one. I’ve payed to support two other “new” gun rights groups in the last two years. In my opinion, they are simply taking members/donors away from the most powerful ally we have, the NRA. I’d like to see some fresh leadership and more transparency about our donated $$. Also, maybe too much transparency is ammo for the anti gunners. Maybe :scratch:
    I`ll tell you something; I`ve been frustrated with NRA for years. Chris Cox was a waste of clean oxygen. Darren LaSorte was JUST as useless. NRA at times seemed to feel that they could negotiate our Second Amendment away, and I tried to call them out on that. I told them many, many times that OUR Second Amendment was NOT theirs to play with or negotiate away. I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member, have been for 25 plus years. If I could do it all over, I would be an NRA annual member and a Gun Owners of America, (GOA), LIFE Member. Unfortunately, I can`t undo it all. I like GOA better these days. GOA is much like NRA was back when NRA sent out their famous "Jack-Booted Thugs" letter that SO incensed the first globalist Bush, that the pig renounced his NRA Life membership. I said, good riddance.
    But this is the bottom line: IF these liberal PUKES are successful at disbanding NRA, they take a HUGE bite out of our effectiveness at keeping them at bay. IF NRA is dissolved, I pray every NRA member IMMEDIATELY joins GOA, but even IF they did, we`d still be gut shot. We`d STILL be reeling, and hurt badly. I say, we CANNOT allow that to happen. I also say, ANYONE who helps these anti-America, anti-freedom PUKES dissolve, or weaken NRA to the point that NRA is no longer effective at helping to preserve our Second Amendment right, is an anti-America, anti-freedom SCUM. Ban me. Attack me. Do whatever you want. But NRA is VITAL to the preservation of the Second Amendment. PERIOD.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'm confused, why does the state of NY think it can tell the NRA it can't pick up and move to TX?
    That's not the issue. NRA tried to declare bankruptcy in order to avoid litigation in NY. Given the fact that the NRA isn't actually bankrupt, it was a blatantly transparent and cynical attempt to avoid being held accountable for their actions. What the NRA has done under WLP's "leadership" is shameful.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's not the issue. NRA tried to declare bankruptcy in order to avoid litigation in NY. Given the fact that the NRA isn't actually bankrupt, it was a blatantly transparent and cynical attempt to avoid being held accountable for their actions. What the NRA has done under WLP's "leadership" is shameful.
    The 'NRA' didn't do anything.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    WLP has no moral compass he is nothing more than used car salesman from Canada.
    I cannot stand a hypocrite IMO he is no better than Jim Baker.
    He has made the NRA his organization. Key players are his stooges. How did this guy basically negotiate a deal even if he is ousted he will still get paid?
    I get the organization would pay for lunch or hotel rooms for a conference that’s normal. But a tour of Europe WTF ?

Don‘t be blinded by the “I am the NRA” BS!

WLP is the king of the NRA when it comes to personal profit. I would go to the extreme and say he alone has killed the NRA.

We have INGO members that use personal time with no pay to speak at our state house. They are the true patriots and the real NRA.

Nemoin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The NRA is full of role players, they would rather send spam than do any real work for gun rights. They exist to line their pockets and inflate their own egos.

Vote, donate, educate. Show even one person your black rifle isn't the end of the world and you'll do more than they have in the last 20 years. If they are found to have acted improperly it wouldn't be a great loss if they dissolved.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The NRA is full of role players, they would rather send spam than do any real work for gun rights. They exist to line their pockets and inflate their own egos.

Vote, donate, educate. Show even one person your black rifle isn't the end of the world and you'll do more than they have in the last 20 years. If they are found to have acted improperly it wouldn't be a great loss if they dissolved.
    1st post since joining in 2010???

:scratch:

You might want to study a bit more, eh? :n00b:

....................................................................................................................

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The power of the NRA is not in the organization. The power of the NRA is in the people who support the ideals.

If the leadership of the NRA has so corrupted the organization that it is now functionally a grift--and that's what it appears to me to be--then we will all be better off if that organization is killed. That won't stop people from advocating for their civil rights; it will just stop a select few people from profiting so richly by donations that were meant to advance the mission.

If the allegations are true and the NRA has been this corrupt, destroying the organization should make gun-rights advocates more effective, not less. Look at what the Second Amendment Foundation has been able to accomplish on less than 1/20th of the donations of the NRA (comparing 2019 Form 990s of the two organizations).

There are other pro-gun organizations. If the NRA falls, one of them will become new "big dog" in the arena. And I personally think we'll be better off for it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The power of the NRA is not in the organization. The power of the NRA is in the people who support the ideals.

If the leadership of the NRA has so corrupted the organization that it is now functionally a grift--and that's what it appears to me to be--then we will all be better off if that organization is killed. That won't stop people from advocating for their civil rights; it will just stop a select few people from profiting so richly by donations that were meant to advance the mission.

If the allegations are true and the NRA has been this corrupt, destroying the organization should make gun-rights advocates more effective, not less. Look at what the Second Amendment Foundation has been able to accomplish on less than 1/20th of the donations of the NRA (comparing 2019 Form 990s of the two organizations).

There are other pro-gun organizations. If the NRA falls, one of them will become new "big dog" in the arena. And I personally think we'll be better off for it.

As usual I cannot disagree more with you. There are procedures for reforms in the organization but those that align with the leftist powers to affect that change instead are, at minimum ignorantly hurting the cause, and possibly purposely destroying the NRA...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I see you live in a box. What brings you out.

Top Bottom