Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yes it has faded. It faded long before I started shooting it. People change. The sport changed and it was too much for many. Most of that centered around equipment, and to a lesser degree rules. This is what you get when a PAC runs a shooting sport. My point is that it was, arguably, the highest attended "action" handgun competition in the state at one time. It had a draw for a good reason.

AP hasn't helped Doug? I guess winning the Cup and the IPSC World Shoot in the same year really isn't all that great of a performance. Or winning the Steel Challenge and the Cup both two years in a row? Doug is a mercenary. He shoots (and wins) matches that pay. USPSA doesn't pay. He shoots that to satisfy sponsors.

And TGO winning Metallic Sight at the Cup, both Open and Limited titles at the Steel Challenge, USPSA Limited and Limited-10 Nationals, the Standard title at the IPSC World Shoot, and IDPA CDP National Championship all in 2002 was just due to luck.

AP will make you a better USPSA, Steel Challenge, and IDPA shooter.

I never said it has not helped Doug. I said it has not helped him in USPSA. His one World Championship was in 1990 I think, and he had a red dot that no one else had for the match. When the equipment is the same he has not won. He did not win the Pro Am and it paid and he was there. he is the best AP guy, and does not perform well at USPSA. I have some dvd's of him doing standing reloads at nationals because he got lost in a 16 round stage. He is a great shooter but his focus in not USPSA and the carry over between the two is not that large. If there was large carry over it would be visible in Doug.

Robbie has won everything, and I never threw luck into the equation so don't put words in my mouth. My point was that AP does not carry over and prove as beneificial as you think for USPSA shooting. I would love to hear counter points but not ones that are emotional rather than rational. Will it be good practice for accuracy sure, how much help I am not so sure.

Get it started up and running and I will come and shoot it and we can see for real rather than talk about theory.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Todd Jarrett mentioned several times that USPSA shooters should use AP as a platform to help increase certain skills. I think any game that teaches accuracy with an element of speed for be a great skill increaser. I'll be glad to take the "crossover challenge" if that's what it's gonna come down to. I don't think any one discipline is superior but rather they all help build certain skills as the sacrifice of others. Let's all stay respectful of each others views and just be glad we have such a wide variety of games to shoot

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My point was that AP does not carry over and prove as beneificial as you think for USPSA shooting.

I believe that once you shot it you'd change your mind. I know it was beneficial to my progress in USPSA. My comments are grounded in my experience, not assumptions.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've always wanted to try AP. Must have died out not too long before I moved out here. I heard AP was active in IN, but then couldn't find any matches when I got here. I'd certainly give it a try if it made a reappearance.

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I believe that once you shot it you'd change your mind. I know it was beneficial to my progress in USPSA. My comments are grounded in my experience, not assumptions.

I would be honored to shoot it and see.:yesway:

Top Bottom