• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe Dylan is the dark horse we need.
    Maybe everything he touches will die or at least get burned enough to recoil.

Perhaps he will usher in the end of days for at least some of this woke ********.
    This could be spot on, Alinsky says there needs to be a target, a catalyst. This could be it…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who is Maybelline’s core customer? I’m assuming it’s white women and isn’t it mainly white women that are sympathetic to this trans stuff? I’m not sure this boycott will have the effect the AB boycott did.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Oh, thank goodness. I was afraid for a second that this pseudo academic wasn't going to blame all of the backlash on the GOP. Clearly this has all been a well orchestrated campaign by the huge, monolithic, scary, oppressive dark monster that is the GOP. They've obviously just been waiting for some unwitting patsy like Mr. Mulvaney to stumble into their trap.
    Siiiiiiiiiighhh....

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This is probably just to strangle new competition in the cradle.. "Big Cosmo" is probably afraid of an upstart getting a foot in the door catering to trannies...then later enlarging their line to include actual women. So this is gatekeeping insurance against anybody new using an emerging social trend to gain entry to an industry.

Like Ruger making a cheap potmetal single action to stop Heritage from growing. When you're big, you can chase pissant market segments to stop anybody getting a foot in the door. The key is, does your attempt to run away potential competition, also run away existing customers? Modern companies seem to fear competition more than boycotts.

My guess is Maybelline would rather eat a boycott for a few months, than take the chance some "socially responsible" vegan skincare company exploits an opportunity to expand into cosmetics marketing to trannies..

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So you are still in the closet with your identity then?
    I identify as Grumpy Old White Dude..
    I don't even buy old spice..

Though I am with my father on one thing. He used to have this thing about making up funny names for companies that made mostly products for women. I know he made up one for Maybeline but I can't remember it.

The one I can remember was the one he made up for Lane Bryant/Bylane.
    Indianapolis Tent and Awning..

I am going to call him later maybe and ask him if he can remember the funny name he made up for Maybeline.

Top Bottom