• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, do you install night sights on pistols other than 1911's? I have a set for my XDm, and need an install.

Very good question. these are tough I don't have the correct tool right now but am willing to order one today if you can wait a few more days to have it done.
    I see others asking about this occasionally and I think I could eventually make my money back on the tool, so yea possibly by next weekend. I have to order some pink paint today anyway :)

how about refinishing rifles? Im going to assume any paint work shouldn't be a problem?

Another good question. the difference in doing rifles and handguns is the size of the oven needed. It just so happens I ordered a gun refinishing oven last week that will accommodate rifles. The ovens I have been using are only good for handguns. 30 days before I should expect delivery. Then I can do rifles.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    some dovetail cuts and sight install

Before
    DSC02918.jpg

During
    DSC02930.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

After: includes refinish

DSC02945.jpg

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Hello I have Gen 3 S&W looking for getting that factory finsh,by bead blasting.do you do that

Forgive my ignorance. What is a gen 3 Smith&Wesson? Revolver, M&P semi auto?

One of these?
    SmithWesson1006.jpg

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    yes I can do what you ask. not quite sure pricing on that though. I will have to think about it. Just frame and slide? or controls as well? After the bead blasting they have to get a matte clear over them or they are a bear to clean.
    You want me to disassemble and reassemble or are you doing that part?

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That is nice work. As a machinist, I can honestly say you are very careful and tedious about how you do things.

I can definitely wait a bit on the XDm sight install, as it's very apparent that you take pride in what you do. The plus side is that you're right down the road from me! :yesway:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That is nice work. As a machinist, I can honestly say you are very careful and tedious about how you do things.

I can definitely wait a bit on the XDm sight install, as it's very apparent that you take pride in what you do. The plus side is that you're right down the road from me! :yesway:

I sent an email to the tool manufacturer with a couple questions about accessories before I buy. Once i hear back I will order the tool and let you know.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Allen, I've got a thumb safety on one of my 1911s that has developed a little vertical movement when it is in the lower/not-safe position. How do you feel about looking at it and possibly refitting a new thumb safety?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, I've got a thumb safety on one of my 1911s that has developed a little vertical movement when it is in the lower/not-safe position. How do you feel about looking at it and possibly refitting a new thumb safety?

I would be glad too

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

I ordered the tool to do this, says expected delivery date is Jan 4th

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom