• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Ordered 500 rds. of brown bear for the xcr from Palmetto State Armory. Just ordered 2 XD mags and 2 Mk III 22/45 mags and a Blackwater sling from Cdnninvestments.

I am spending my money on the only things that will have value in a few years. Sold out the 401K. I'm buying gold and food and guns from now on and just going to start a piggy back account.

I ordered some extra M1A 20 rd mags and some Glock 22 15 rd mags. The Glock mags are on backorder with sportsmans guide. They have a ship date of March 16.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    As much as I disagree with Obama and everything he stands for, I also disagree with the "not my president" sentiment.

The guy was elected according to our Constitution.

If he violates that Constitution, he must be held accountable.

Until then, I will respect that same Constitution by acknowledging he is the President of the United States.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :postpics:

I'm just sayin'.

Will this do? Upper was waiting in the mail when I got home. At lunch I got 500 rounds of .223 "accidentally". ;)

yellow3.jpg

I had planned to put in a form 1 on her (she's a pistol) today, but I ran out of time and $ (from selling off a rifle upper).

Still, a good day!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I absolutely DISagree with the "we must support him because he is our duly elected president" or "support the office of the president" ideas.

This guy is not my president, I do not support him, and I do not respect him any more than I do and other stranger that I know holds values contrary to almost every one of mine.

If I supported him, I would have voted for him. I did not.

As far supporting the office of the president? No way.

My loyalty is to God, family, friends, my country, and many of the people of my country. My loyalty is to the principles upon which this country was founded, many of which have been eradicated by government and the people who have controlled it.

No, I do not support the government or any of its offices as entities worth of respect or fealty. I tolerate a government because I have no choice. Minimal government is necessary for a society as large as ours to function. Tragically that minimal government that was conceived and established by our forefathers has devolved into a king composed of many parts. Rule of law (i.e. our Constitution) has been replaced by the whims of the majority or often of a vocal and powerful minority.

A tyrant made of three branches and many people isn't any less oppressive than a single person.

What we have now is a legislature and executive branch that have the potential to wreak unprecedented damage on the American people and the principles and values that made us America (once).

The word "disappointment" isn't strong enough to express how I feel about people who facilitated this regime who should have known (and in some cases did) better. We shall all pay the price for their deliberate errors.

Just like we've all paid the price since both sides lost the War Between the States.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    i second your sentimnet rhino

rhino your statement rings too true!!! and I have to get that Blazin Saddles video that is just great, and it is probably about to disappear conveniently along with other controversial materials....

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    As far supporting the office of the president? No way.

My loyalty is to God, family, friends, my country, and many of the people of my country. My loyalty is to the principles upon which this country was founded, many of which have been eradicated by government and the people who have controlled it.

No, I do not support the government or any of its offices as entities worth of respect or fealty. I tolerate a government because I have no choice. Minimal government is necessary for a society as large as ours to function. Tragically that minimal government that was conceived and established by our forefathers has devolved into a king composed of many parts. Rule of law (i.e. our Constitution) has been replaced by the whims of the majority or often of a vocal and powerful minority.

A tyrant made of three branches and many people isn't any less oppressive than a single person.

What we have now is a legislature and executive branch that have the potential to wreak unprecedented damage on the American people and the principles and values that made us America (once).

The word "disappointment" isn't strong enough to express how I feel about people who facilitated this regime who should have known (and in some cases did) better. We shall all pay the price for their deliberate errors.

Just like we've all paid the price since both sides lost the War Between the States.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Every word is absolutely true, just as they were true six months ago, and they were true 4 years ago.

They were true when the people who are all sullen now were all happy and giggly to see THEIR KING on the throne thrashing the constitution. Spending generations of lives in this country in to slavery. See that's the thing when you trash something, it's still trashed when the next guy you may not like so much is "il capo dei capi".

What did you think when Bush decided he could wire tap American citizens? When he decided he could just take the country to war with all the countries he felt like? What did you think when that hillbilly stoop on a box at every county fair, tornado, flood, or country skirmish and said "What ever it takes." and just started spending money like it fell from the sky?

What did you think? Were you buying every word Rush Limbaugh could puke up, or as you like to say "slurping Rush's Kool Aide" like it was Republicans for ever? Did you think that handing George the king's staff meant he would be the one to change the constitution so he could be king for life?

Don't worry, it will be civil war now. The pendelum of ignorance and stupidity in the US population will swing back the other way sooner or later. It will swing or there will be armed insurrection sooner or later and it never bodes well for a democracy when one matures to that point. They all do though.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "Support the office" or no, I'll give him exactly the same support his side gave Both Bush's and Reagan. (And the irony is I think history will consider the Bush-Clinton-Bush years rather than something like the Reagan-Bush years--both Bush's were closer to Clinton than they were to Reagan.)

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Don't worry, it will be civil war now. The pendelum of ignorance and stupidity in the US population will swing back the other way sooner or later. It will swing or there will be armed insurrection sooner or later and it never bodes well for a democracy when one matures to that point. They all do though.

Our host in this forum has asked us not to talk about armed insurrection/civil war.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    What did you think when Bush decided he could wire tap American citizens? When he decided he could just take the country to war with all the countries he felt like? What did you think when that hillbilly stoop on a box at every county fair, tornado, flood, or country skirmish and said "What ever it takes." and just started spending money like it fell from the sky?

What did you think? Were you buying every word Rush Limbaugh could puke up, or as you like to say "slurping Rush's Kool Aide" like it was Republicans for ever? Did you think that handing George the king's staff meant he would be the one to change the constitution so he could be king for life?

BINGO! +1!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    snip.

I thought "hurray!!! The President is doing his duty to protect and defend this nation. Hurray!! The President is out of Washington, and talking to people that aren't millionairs! When is the last time a President spent his Fourth of July's in some backwoods town in West Virginia, of all places? "Whatever it takes." Hurray!!! The man intends to win the war we have been drug into, not just make soundbites for tv. And, finally, "Hurray!! The man is not sending troops into harm's way without spending what it takes to enable them to do their jobs."

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    What did you think when Bush decided he could wire tap American citizens?

The power there doesn't mean what you think it means. What he has is the power to monitor traffic to foreign nations that begin in the US. The key part is "to foreign nations." It's also limited to use for military intelligence and may not be used for criminal prosecution. There are really a lot more strictures on that wiretapping than the Media tells you about.

Note that even before the "Patriot acts" the only sanction against illegal gathering of evidence (including wiretaps) is to have such evidence thrown out and not used in criminal prosecution. So you are not protected (and haven't been for a very long time) against "illegal wiretaps", just against having those wiretaps used against you in court. This is exactly the same protection you have with the new rules.

The other one that gets a lot of Media play is the floating wiretaps. What is not said is that these require as much of a court order. The difference is that it follows the person, not the location. Instead of a tap on the phone at XXXX address, it's a tap on phone calls made by person YYYY. This is the only thing you can do these days with things like cell phones being so common.

As is often the case, the reality is not how the media has portrayed it.

When he decided he could just take the country to war with all the countries he felt like?

Again, that turns out not to be the case. There is no specified language by which Congress is required to declare war. Voting the war powers act, giving the President the authority to use military force against a nation (voted for both Afghanistan and Iraq), is a proper declaration of war by Congress--as required by the Constitution.

Both Afghanistan and Iraq had all kinds of justifications (Afghanistan for harboring the orchestrators of 9-11, Irag for such things as violation of the 1991 cease fire, attempted assassination of George H. Bush during the Clinton administration, bad faith in the compliance inspections to which they had agreed as part of the 1991 cease fire, providing actual monetary support for international terrorist organizations, and so on), far more than your dismissive "he felt like."

What did you think when that hillbilly stoop on a box at every county fair, tornado, flood, or country skirmish and said "What ever it takes." and just started spending money like it fell from the sky?

Pretty much the same as every other war we've pursued successfully. Do you think WWII, WWI, The Civil War, and the Revolution were cheap. In war, you do what you have to.

There are plenty of criticisms to be laid at the feet of George W. Bush, but they should be based in reality and not on the lies the media has been selling you for, well, a lot longer than he's been in office.

People not on the Left talk a lot about the liberal media bias, but even so, they make the mistake of believing what they say entirely too often. I have never seen the media report accurately on any event of which I had personal knowledge. Thus, I must assume that any media report is going to contain some inaccuracy. It's all open to question and it all must be viewed skeptically.

Top Bottom