• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If you believe that story I have some beautiful beachfront property in Avon I’ll let you have cheap. The number of shootings and people arrested for firearms violations mysteriously always go up when the government is trying to pass more gun control legislation. Be safe my friends....

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    If you believe that story I have some beautiful beachfront property in Avon I’ll let you have cheap. The number of shootings and people arrested for firearms violations mysteriously always go up when the government is trying to pass more gun control legislation. Be safe my friends....
    Yep, I'm just sayin' it's kind of ironic on the timing of it...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Next thing you know some guy with a truck bomb will blow the bejesus out of a federal building while only breaking windows on the other side of the street.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Police said they arrested Murray in response to an intelligence bulletin that originated from Texas.

Police found a rifle, large amount of ammunition and several gun clips in car belonging to the man, 31-year-old Paul Murray of San Antonio, after he told them it was parked in a garage several miles away near the Washington Convention Center, according to NBC 4.

Also found in that black Chevy Impala was what police called a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

Surmising he made some statements/threats in Texas and then traveled to DC with rifle/ammo in his trunk. So, not good...

BUT, the headlines that he was outside the VP's residence with a gun and ammo, does not appear correct to me. He was outside the VP's residence, the rifle and ammo were in his car... miles away in a parking garage.

Like I said, not good... but the headlines are incorrect.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    What is a "large capacity ammunition feeding device"?

Google says:
    Large capacity ammunition feeding device. A magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device for a firearm manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

And that is the ATF definition.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was not aware that there was such a thing as registered ammunition...
    Well it's DC ... to own ammo you need a registered gun.

When a person has a firearm registered in DC, they are only permitted to be in possession of ammunition for guns in DC that correspond to the firearm that they own. When someone does not have a valid registration for their firearm, any ammunition they are in possession of is considered illegal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Google says:
    Large capacity ammunition feeding device. A magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device for a firearm manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

I want one of those belt-fed 10 round "clipazines".

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Google says:

Any magazine over 10 rounds is illegal to have in your possession in DC ... unless you're a journalist.

7YB7ZICAEQITOWKRX747NY2CYY.jpg

Top Bottom