• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I was exposed to snakes, snappers and gators before noodling and I can't overcome the thought of the first three. I was young when I first saw it and would watch my much older cousin do it in the Wabash when we visited Indiana.

Of course, a few close encounters with snakes at eye level when I was young are probably the real issue but hell no, I don't noodle!

I work with a guy we call "The 9 fingered shop teacher." That is because he is a retired shop teacher with 9.5 fingers. Who wants to hang out at the bait shop and be known as "Ol' 9 finger noodles."

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    What do they do with them? PLEASE tell me they're not eating them! From the Wabash!!?! :n00b:
    Poop in water is not an issue in terms of consuming fish. Heavy metals are the bigger issue to watch out for and the DNR lists what waters are safe to eat from and which should be limited or avoided all together.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    There's $**t and **** in every body of water (only difference is concentrations from which type of animal lol), and catfish are some of the dirtiest fish you'll find... but they still taste amazing.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    There's $**t and **** in every body of water (only difference is concentrations from which type of animal lol), and catfish are some of the dirtiest fish you'll find... but they still taste amazing.
    EXACTLY! So washing the fillets to prevent crosscontamination is one thing, swallowing mercury and DDT is another!

Still not using my hands to find them or as bait.

Now on a similar note, years ago a Boy Scout died from an infection he got while swiiming in the Tippecanoe river at the scout camp near Buffalo. The run off from hog farms up there is B-A-D bad. Just what I want, some 50lb Catfish chomping on my hand and grinding bacteria into every scrape and abrasion.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Bumping a really old thread because I just learned about noodling!

Any INGO folks know of a good guide/outfitter in Kentucky for this summer?

I just reached out to this group but waiting to hear back: KY Hand Grabb'in

[video=youtube;CS_pNdaCENo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_pNdaCENo[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We would noodle (when young) in the Ohio river after they shut the locks...Where the Falls Of The Ohio State Park is now.....The river would narrow down to about thirty/forty yards wide (below the locks)...We would just get in with our shorts on and feel along the bank (which is all limestone fossil rock with nooks and crannies....) and would catch catfish, buffalo, carp, etc....A little nerve wracking but at 17 I was certain I was immortal....

Top Bottom