Noblesville residents (especially parents)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    In the upcoming election in November Noblesville residents will have to vote on a referendum for school funding. This referendum is extremely important for our school system to fund upgraded security measures and teacher recruiting/retention. More information is provided in the link below. Please consider voting to pass the referendum and help protect our students while provide a high level of learning!!!

https://www.noblesvilleschools.org/...4B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=20047&PageID=1

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We keep throwing money at schools to get a better education, but there are still problems so we throw more money at the schools for learning. It's for the children right? So the administrators say it must be the aging buildings, so they throw more of our tax money at schools, yet Indiana still doesn't rank in the top 5 of schools systems in the USA, so they want more money.

And now safety is the big way to get more money out of us over taxed homeowners. Of course if you vote against taking more money out of the hands of home and apartment owners to use for safety, you must want your children to live in a constant state of fear. What kind of person wouldn't want to throw every penny they have at making schools safe, it's for the children.

Westfield got us a couple of years ago, it's ONLY $30 a month. Unfortunately for my 90 year old mother able to live nicely in her own home, that $30 a month is a large percent of what is left after all the money she pays out just to own the "American Dream". With drug costs going up, and I am sure she is still living nicely because of the medications she takes, she is slowly running out of "discretionary" money. She wants to pay for dinner when I take her out, I won't take her money, because our houses are going up in value, and with the property tax now based on home value, our property taxes go up automatically. He discretionary money is slowly disappearing.

When I went to school, it was not unusual to walk through the parking lot and look at the rifle and shotgun show in the back of many pickup truck windows. I don't remember any getting broken into, nor were there any fears of someone coming in and shooting up the place.

Sorry, at some point school administrators need to learn to spend our money just as wisely as we have to. And it would be nice if teachers were given enough funds for school supplies instead of using their own money to buy them. Add that to the property tax they pay and teachers really take it on the chin for improper spending.

And to those who can't see the sarcasm in some of my words, sorry...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why do discussions of improving school security always start with the suggestion of throwing money at the problem?

Where are the conversations about getting students involved so they can take some ownership of what happens at the school? Who is suggesting that we start addressing tactics that don't cost any money?

Just one example: allowing students to volunteer for rotations to check and ensure entrances and windows are locked.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Well a large portion of the funds would go to expand school resource officers to all schools full time. To me, this is money I'm more than ok with spending. There is a pretty good explanation in the link provided on the use of the funds.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They need to start kicking out problem students and if they are a discipline problem and cant comply with the law that says they must attend school well I guess they need to go to juvy dont they!
    Stop coddling these little bastards. Also hold the parents liable. If your sweet little Tommy or sussie wants to be a problem child and sucks up all the school resources or has to go to child jail because they cant play nice and obey the rules then I guess the state needs to send your asses a bill to pay for YOUR offspring that you cant handle yourself so someone else has to parent for you.
    If parents dont want to be parents then we need to start making it hurt to be worthless. If you are on public assistance and your child isnt following the school rules and requirements then I guess the state needs to re-evaluate your participation in these programs and maybe you need to be kicked off. It's not just a poor people problem I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying we need to look at REAL consequences and deterrents across the board for ****bag parents.

Stop encouraging and rewarding bad behavior. We let good people fall through the cracks while the bad people always get all of the attention and resources. Stop this stupid ****.
    The answer is always more money, more money, more money. It will never end unless you take a stand. But no one will. No one ever does.this little theft referendum will pass and the government will steal more money from people who dont even have kids and never will but have to pay for problem kids and parents who will most likely NEVER be productive members of society anyways.
    Welfare, more forced welfare theft by the government is all it is anymore.
    Oh and all this on the referendum link will happen and everyone will have a false sense of security and guess what? The same ****ing thing or worse could still happen again because you cannot stop a ****ing criminal or lunatic that is determined to do bad **** by pre-coping! You have to shoot them in the ****ing face and chest. Stop taking peoples constitutionaly protected natural right to keep and bear arms away from them in our schools. It's so ****ing stupid and wrong and its unconstitutional. The people who always think they are the smartest in the room usualy have the least common sense.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It seems to me that every time there is a school shooting the gun banners come out and want more gun laws. We always respond no, we need better mental health services and armed security in the schools.

Then, here is a referendum to actually pay for improved mental health services and provide armed security and the response is no, why does it always involve money? IDK, maybe because services cost something?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But... this is not just a single item. This is “we’vr Lost tax dollars, we need more money, AND SAFETY”

have two referendums then

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Why do discussions of improving school security always start with the suggestion of throwing money at the problem?.

1) Because it make it somebody else's problem-- the taxpayers.
    2) Because it's politically useful as it's what the teacher's unions want.

Here's an idea, how about instead of taxing even MORE, they cut some of the absurd number of administrators and people NOT in the classroom actually teaching? I'll need to find the study, but I recall seeing data how we've ratcheted up spending on education on a per-pupil basis by an exorbitant amount (in constant dollars) and only a tiny fraction of it has actually gone to the classroom.

And what DOES go to the classroom? Tech. Because you know, Johnny can't read unless he learns it on an iPad.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Students' performance and school spending are not correlated at all:
    Cato-pct-cost-scores-Coulson-Sept-2012.gif

So, this, and all other referendums, are not about "the students".

And, this isn't really about "safety", as we feel safer sending our kids to school NOW than we have since the 70's:
    20050920c_1.gif

So, what is this REALLY about?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    They need to start kicking out problem students and if they are a discipline problem and cant comply with the law that says they must attend school well I guess they need to go to juvy dont they!
    Stop coddling these little bastards. Also hold the parents liable. If your sweet little Tommy or sussie wants to be a problem child and sucks up all the school resources or has to go to child jail because they cant play nice and obey the rules then I guess the state needs to send your asses a bill to pay for YOUR offspring that you cant handle yourself so someone else has to parent for you.
    If parents dont want to be parents then we need to start making it hurt to be worthless. If you are on public assistance and your child isnt following the school rules and requirements then I guess the state needs to re-evaluate your participation in these programs and maybe you need to be kicked off. It's not just a poor people problem I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying we need to look at REAL consequences and deterrents across the board for ****bag parents.

Stop encouraging and rewarding bad behavior. We let good people fall through the cracks while the bad people always get all of the attention and resources. Stop this stupid ****.
    The answer is always more money, more money, more money. It will never end unless you take a stand. But no one will. No one ever does.this little theft referendum will pass and the government will steal more money from people who dont even have kids and never will but have to pay for problem kids and parents who will most likely NEVER be productive members of society anyways.
    Welfare, more forced welfare theft by the government is all it is anymore.
    Oh and all this on the referendum link will happen and everyone will have a false sense of security and guess what? The same ****ing thing or worse could still happen again because you cannot stop a ****ing criminal or lunatic that is determined to do bad **** by pre-coping! You have to shoot them in the ****ing face and chest. Stop taking peoples constitutionaly protected natural right to keep and bear arms away from them in our schools. It's so ****ing stupid and wrong and its unconstitutional. The people who always think they are the smartest in the room usualy have the least common sense.

This X 1000! Get the miscreants out of school. They are tomorrow's school shooters in some cases, the "known wolf" like that kid in FL.

Access to education is a PRIVILEGE that we the generous taxpayers fund. Access to it is *conditional* based on someone not depriving someone else of their educational opportunity by being disruptive, violent, bullying, or otherwise a delinquent.

Too many people don't see the difference between public education and social work. Heck, many people seem to think that they are largely the same thing, that schools are for solving social problems.

A grocer can throw out a bad head of lettuce. When a kid that is a bad head of lettuce comes to school, our teachers not only have to let him or her rot the other "groceries" in the class, they are expected to teach them well enough to make AYP to get the NCLB funding.:rolleyes:

A kid cannot learn in an environment of chaos.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Students' performance and school spending are not correlated at all:
    Cato-pct-cost-scores-Coulson-Sept-2012.gif

So, this, and all other referendums, are not about "the students".

And, this isn't really about "safety", as we feel safer sending our kids to school NOW than we have since the 70's:
    20050920c_1.gif

So, what is this REALLY about?
    That also shows how useless the Dept of Education is.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Boone County enacted a separate lawn “public safety” tax a couple of years ago. The County Council recently appropriated $650K towards putting resource officers in Boone County Schools. The Town of Zionsville kicked in another $250K and Whitestone an additional $75K. As a result the Boone Co Sheriff now has an additional $1MM annual revenue item for 31 school resource officers. One resource officer per school building.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Conclusion:

First choice is to home school if you have the resources.
    Second choice is private school if you have the resources.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ugh. More money for schools. Are these security measures reasonable or a waste?...

Why do you hate children? (aka: the best marketing strategy ever devised to get people to raise their own taxes)

I have a simple rule. I never raise my own taxes. Ever.

Both of which should exempt you from taxes levied to pay for public schooling.

I like the way you think with your living in fantasyland and whatnot.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Not in Noblesville. IPS wants a billion dollar increase. I am unwilling to pay any increase in taxes for schools. They get enough now and just waste it. The school shooting hysteria is just that

Top Bottom