• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    it isnt. im suprised more swat hasnt died do to this practice. i dont violate the law for a reason. i have no reason to believe swat would kick my door therefore if someone does they will be met as a threat to me and shot.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nice video. It's a search engine commercial.

On topic: If the intel is good AND correct, I can see it being a useful tool. Especially if it is for a murder warrant or "Federal Weapons Charges" like in the video. No knock raids for relatively minor stuff, drugs or bond jumpers, I don't think are appropriate use of force.

A No knock raid should require the chief sign off on it and be present at the time of the raid. Any screw up is on his head.

I'm just a civilian though.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This is supposed to be a video IMAGINING that this happens. But THIS HAPPENS.

The thing that was the most disturbing was that only in the 3rd entry did they identify themselves as Police. Criminals could yell Police, but that they wouldn't is bad.

The second most disturbing thing was at 1:30 ish. They kept yelling "show me your hands". Trying to cheat at cards. Appalling.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    They used to be something rare that was only used within a very narrow set of circumstances. A "no-knock" warrant in the late eighties/early nineties was something used when there was solid intel that a wanted person was armed and would resist officers with deadly force. It has since grown to include the mere possibility that a suspect might attempt to destroy evidence. In their original context there was an occasional use for this tool under rare circumstances. As they are used today it is overkill.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Of course this is a spoof ... but the facts remain that sometimes the SWAT's do get the wrong address ...
    If we would please remember the
    DONALD SCOTT case 1992

ScottDonald.gif

Donald P. Scott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about ⅔ down on the page

Drug War Victims - Drug WarRant

“It is the District Attorney’s opinion that the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department was motivated, at least in part, by a desire to seize and forfeit the ranch for the government.

How A 32-man Assault Team Murdered Donald P. Scott At Trails End Ranch
    32-Man Assault Team

..." and they wounder why we don't respect them .. "

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Someone convince me that they are a good practice. Discuss.

YouTube - SWAT bust down wrong door
    I don't see what an illustration of bad search engines does to prove your point. I doubt anyone will convince you either way..

On topic: If the intel is good AND correct, I can see it being a useful tool. Especially if it is for a murder warrant or "Federal Weapons Charges" like in the video. No knock raids for relatively minor stuff, drugs or bond jumpers, I don't think are appropriate use of force.

A No knock raid should require the chief sign off on it and be present at the time of the raid. Any screw up is on his head.
    I think thats fair, although I'm sure in bigger cities it'd be harder for the chief to be there all the time. Definitely some sort of supervision though. :yesway:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't see what an illustration of bad search engines does to prove your point. I doubt anyone will convince you either way..

I think thats fair, although I'm sure in bigger cities it'd be harder for the chief to be there all the time. Definitely some sort of supervision though. :yesway:

I do .
    Duncan

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is supposed to be a video IMAGINING that this happens. But THIS HAPPENS.

The thing that was the most disturbing was that only in the 3rd entry did they identify themselves as Police. Criminals could yell Police, but that they wouldn't is bad.

"A person has the right to point a firearm at an intruder in his residence until he is able to confirm the intruder’s identity and purpose, even during a warrantless intrusion in the middle of the night by persons claiming to be police officers."

per TROTTER v. STATE, No. 29A02-0910-CR-974, __ N.E.2d __ (Ind. Ct. App., Sept. 10, 2010).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._home_where_intruder_claims_to_be_police.html

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Flushing the "evidence"

It has since grown to include the mere possibility that a suspect might attempt to destroy evidence.

This is an example of how the War on Drugs inherently harms all of us. Now we have these insane raids that look like something out of a foreign war, but they are happening on our own soil. And we are supposed to feel good about them, and feel safer.

Guns do not commit crimes. Substances do not commit crimes. Bans on inanimate objects are wrong, and are a basis of tyranny.

The government saw a drug "crisis" and didn't let it go to waste. Big government bullying is what we get out of it.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Agreed! This is a commercial. I understand that these incidents happen as from the other website that was posted, but you are comparing a joke used as an advertisement to real life situations.

There always is and they have to get approval from higher to do them. It's not just a group of patrolmen going and hitting the door, these things are organized and planned in advanced with all the proper authorities approving.

I do .
    Duncan
    NO, no you really don't.

I'll never be convinced it's a good idea.

There are ALWAYS low risk alternatives.
    Low risk alternatives are great, if you don't have evidence inside that is being destroyed or a suspect that is arming himself even more for a battle while you are sitting outside. If you will never be convinced then I am wasting my time typing this, but I thought it might be good information to pass along.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Low risk alternatives are great, if you don't have evidence inside that is being destroyed or a suspect that is arming himself even more for a battle while you are sitting outside. If you will never be convinced then I am wasting my time typing this, but I thought it might be good information to pass along.

With respect, only if you believe you have one and only one opportunity--and that opportunity is RFN--to apprehend the individual in question does your rationale work. Rarely, if ever, is this the case, I'm sure.

How much evidence can actually be flushed down a toilet? If that's the extent of the evidence on which the state was hinging its prosecution, I'm not sure priorities are fully understood by some of the decision-makers.

And if the individual in question is taking the opportunity to arm himself, perhaps LE should practice the oldest adage of common sense: discretion is the better part of valor. LE could attempt to use a little less brute force and a little more gray matter in apprehending these guys. It wouldn't take much of the latter to outsmart most perps. You can always count on their greed.

Warwick cops lure wanted man | recordonline.com

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    There always is and they have to get approval from higher to do them. It's not just a group of patrolmen going and hitting the door, these things are organized and planned in advanced with all the proper authorities approving.
    Trust me, I know this. However, it does seem like they get a little detached from the admins at times. I dont see anything wrong with having someone there.

Top Bottom