PRESIDENT

(MADE IN KENYA)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I believe Free Trade was put into place by NAFTA Cert. Thanks to George Bush Senior.

Don't forget to apply Mirco vs Macro Economics to the World of Business and Capitalism there are many lessons to be learned here!!!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Clinton was the one who put the final touches on free trade. Bush Jr. though might have not helped, did not put it in our *** like other former presidents.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Feeling bad about what he owned, Mr. Smith sold his car and bought a Pontiac G8 thinking he was now supporting his country by buying a car sold by General Motors. Unfortunately he didn't realize until after he got it home that it wasn't American made, but Australian.

So he returned his Australian made "Pontiac" and went over to his Chevy dealer to buy the all-American Camaro, only to find it too was an import and not made in the USA.

And as stated above, it was heir clinton who inked NAFTA into law, allowing most "American" cars to be imported from Canada and Mexico.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    The Republicans aren't always innocent fellers!!!

North American Free Trade Agreement

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1991 between the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H.W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it.
    Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S. and Kim Campbell in Canada, and before the agreement became law, Jean Chrétien had taken office in Canada.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you believe in laissez faire capitalism, there is absolutely nothing wrong with free trade whether it be from Indiana to Ohio or Indiana to China. Why shouldn't I as a consumer be free to buy a cheaper product from China instead of being forced to buy an overpriced item from the US?

It's the protectionism that has lead to **** poor quality American made products. Do you think the big 3 would have made any higher quality cars than they did in 70's if they didn't have to compete with the Japanese? Take away the competition and dealer lots would still be filled with Pintos, Vegas and other pieces of junk that wouldn't last more than 3-4 years like they used to.

Now, with all that said, I'm not in favor of trade agreements with other countries that put huge tariffs on our exports while we only put small tariffs on theirs. I'm in favor trade agreements that require no tariffs at all on either side.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    The easy answer is just read the original post that started this thread.

No one is forcing anyone to buy a higher priced U.S. product.......yet.

The giant sucking sound is just like Ross Perot described. And its here now.

We are quickly becoming enslaved to our new Government.
    No Jobs, High Taxes, Unlimited handouts, National Health Care,
    and Debt being forced on our kids kids.

Thats right Son, My self and my fellow Americans did this to you
    and your little brother, aren't you proud of us?
    Look what we passed on to you, no jobs, no future, no infrastructure, no dreams.

Sounds like the perfect place to live. Kinda sounds like Mexico to me.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The solution lies with the unveiling of the new Osamabama Motors lineup of automobiles. They will be SHOWSTOPPERS (Washington interns will design the ultimate vehicles for us). EVERY kid on the block will want one.
    You'll see. American manufacturing will thrive under the Government's care. These will be glorious years for the auto industry, ummmm ... I mean Ministry.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Are you saying those who constantly complain about people not buying American made products wouldn't shut down importation of foreign goods if they had the chance?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you love America, you wouldn't buy anything but things made in the U.S.A.

So you routinely like to overpay for inferior products? I've never owned a foreign vehicle but my next one most likely will be. I will not buy a gm or chrysler product now that they are obama motors. Should I pay more for a big 3 vehicle so some lazy bastard can make $20+ an hour to sleep on the clock? Don't say that doesn't happen as I've had many family members who worked at a GM plant. I've talked to many people who work at SIA and those guys get paid well but they don't have the luxury of f'ing off for their pay either.

What's more American made, a Toyota or Suburu built right here in Lafayette or a GM that is built in Canada or Mexico?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Should I pay more for a big 3 vehicle so some lazy bastard can make $20+ an hour

I assume you're refering to the janitor. Assembly line worker make waaaaay more than that.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Feeling bad about what he owned, Mr. Smith sold his car and bought a Pontiac G8 thinking he was now supporting his country by buying a car sold by General Motors. Unfortunately he didn't realize until after he got it home that it wasn't American made, but Australian.

So he returned his Australian made "Pontiac" and went over to his Chevy dealer to buy the all-American Camaro, only to find it too was an import and not made in the USA.

And as stated above, it was heir clinton who inked NAFTA into law, allowing most "American" cars to be imported from Canada and Mexico.

ROTFLMAO, Clinton is out of office for a decade and NAFTA and imports are still all his fault, Obama is in office months and the deficit spending is all his fault. ROTFL, some how we skipped right over 8 years of that phony commie George (what ever it takes) Bush throwing money at every country in the world and subsidising jobs leaving the country at the same time.

The problem is this country is full of morons and stupid fools. No legislation is going to fix that. It's to late to save us from a generation of idiots who couldn't even stand in their front yard and point at Washington DC, let alone know how to fix it.

Top Bottom