• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    when i was 12ish i went on the white house tour. had metal detectors and xray scanners like airports used to have. i forget why but i had some sort of handgun brass in my pocket. secret service picked it out of the tray, examined it, and put it back. no harm no foul. this would have been like.... around 1995.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    when i was 12ish i went on the white house tour. had metal detectors and xray scanners like airports used to have. i forget why but i had some sort of handgun brass in my pocket. secret service picked it out of the tray, examined it, and put it back. no harm no foul. this would have been like.... around 1995.
    When there was such a thing as common sense. Nowadays you would be strip searched, cavity searched, detained without formal charges, and interrogated.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I always have a good time visiting Washington, DC. I really like the Air and Space Museum. There is a surprisingly large number of guns in the Native American Museum, given the museum's narrative of the Indian's loss of their lands. That was the best part of the museum, but I guess guns didn't help them much against the US Cavalry. I also like the Lincoln Memorial a lot, but there are a lot of loud, rude tourists there who don't seem to know how to behave at a memorial, a place for commemorating the dead. It's very moving to visit these sites commemorating our national sacrifices. I also had some pretty good food. The train system there is pretty convenient, which is good because driving is such a pain in DC.

Yeah, I wish I could carry there in case I ran into a bad guy, but I couldn't. I'm a law-abiding citizen, not a bad guy. Fortunately I never ran into a bad guy there, thanks to some modest portions of street smarts.
    The real bad guys are the ones who make and enforce the unconstitutional gun laws. "Shall not be infringed."
    Im not a bad guy either but they can kiss my ass.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    How ridiculous!!
    My favorite necklace charm would send me to jail!!

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I hate that DC does not allow me to be armed. However the city is a great place. I agree portions you should avoid day or night but so much to see and do there. I am a fool in some people's eyes but I guess I am willing to take some risk to earn my leaving working in DC. I also love to travel and experience new things and see this great country of ours so I will un arm to enjoy this short time on earth. I will trust in God to return me home safely.

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    This doesn't even make sense to me. It's about as absurd as the fact that I wasn't allowed to bring an old 8mm round into school to take a radiograph of during lab one day, even though there are things FAR more dangerous than a bullet with no firearm to shoot it from in the surgery prep room, you know, where we have scalpel blades and such....

Back on topic, this is just plain stupid. How is a spent casing going to pose any threat to anyone? What, do the police in DC think people are going around killing people by throwing casings at them?

Top Bottom