• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Noblesville
    I bought a shotgun online a month ago from a Rural King ad. This was before Covd-19 crapped on our day. The gun finally arrived at the Kokomo store Monday, I went up from Noblesville to get it....delayed :(
    I usually get a delay about every third purchase so I wasn't too surprised. I am supposed to get a call from them once they get a "proceed" from NICS. The gun is paid for... just sitting there in their vault. I really don't want to have to drive back up there since we are all supposed to stay home now. Oh well... here we are.

Sapper32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2018
    Saint John
    St John police chief just announced the suspension of LTCH applications. How about the state just suspend the license requirement to carry all together

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    St John police chief just announced the suspension of LTCH applications. How about the state just suspend the license requirement to carry all together樂

I think we have a thread on that.
    But those departments had to backtrack.
    Give me a minute to find the thread.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    St John police chief just announced the suspension of LTCH applications. How about the state just suspend the license requirement to carry all together
    I think that has more to do with the town hall being closed. According to their website the payment has to be made at the town hall. There was some conflict a couple of years ago where the clerk took away the ability for people to pay at the police department like you can at other PD's. When I lived there years ago, you could just do it all at the PD.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    okay. I can't find the other thread, if there was one.

You may want to contact Guy Relford at Tactical Firearms Training in Indy.
    He's on here sometimes.
    He's on Facebook, the Gun Guy.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Went to pick up a pistol last night from my FFL and I got delayed. There were 2 guys before me and they both got delayed as well. FFL told me we all have squeaky clean records (all 3 of us have been using him as our FFL for years with no issues). My FFL said it will probably be the dreaded 3 business day delay before we can get our guns. Guess the buying panic has them backed up on background checks.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Went to pick up a pistol last night from my FFL and I got delayed. There were 2 guys before me and they both got delayed as well. FFL told me we all have squeaky clean records (all 3 of us have been using him as our FFL for years with no issues). My FFL said it will probably be the dreaded 3 business day delay before we can get our guns. Guess the buying panic has them backed up on background checks.
    Was he calling in or using the online check? I can't speak for how it's running now, but the several online checks I've done since this started have been instantly proceeded.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess this why we need to get those special carry licenses that would skip the NICS checks at purchase....

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Online check @ Indiana Gun Club the other day went through without issue. I filled out my paperwork, browsed around for a couple of mins, and was good to go and on my way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A gun shop here in Bedford posted on FB yesterday they’d be closed today. They blamed it on the NICS system today. Is there something going on with it today?

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    A gun shop here in Bedford posted on FB yesterday they’d be closed today. They blamed it on the NICS system today. Is there something going on with it today?

Yeah, the nics website doesn't show anything about it, and Bite the Bullet in Seymour says they are open today (that was posted 20 hrs ago).

Ron

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom