• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, fellow INGOers!

Up for sale today is an extra tablet I had as part of a Christmas bundle (long story). This 10" Samsung Galaxy tablet is NEW, STILL IN AN UNOPENED BOX with the factory seal intact. It is a "student edition", which means that it comes with a desktop charging cradle (retail ~$30), a keyboard (retail ~$50), and a couple of extra pre-installed productivity apps . As the box is unopened, I can't take photos, but this is a stock photo of the device:

HlZ9gLd.jpg

This device is WIFI-only (no cellular service).
    You can find complete specs here: Specs - Wi-Fi Tabs GT-P5113 | Samsung Galaxy Tab

Retail price is $350, but I will offer it to INGO for $300. I have seen open-box, refurb, and used ones going for a little less, but given that this is basically right off the shelf, I think a $50 discount is a fair price. You will have the opportunity to break the seal on the box during the transaction to verify that I'm not selling you a cinder block, but only once the sale has been agreed-upon and money has changed hands (breaking the seal lowers the price I can sell it for, if you suddenly change your mind). As noted in the terms below, if the item is not as advertised, then I will be as surprised as you and will obviously return your money.

This is the perfect deal to send your kid back to school for the winter semester or to keep for yourself to play Candy Crush ;)

Now for the fine print:

Terms of sale:

I've been scammed, hoodwinked, and had my time and gas wasted several times in the past, and so I'm laying out these simple ground rules so you know what to expect from me.

FTF in the Hamilton County area. Depending on where you are, I may be able to meet up with you in the surrounding areas (such as the greater Indianapolis area and about the same distance north of Hamilton County). If I know you to be reputable, I may agree to ship at your cost (about $5 for USPS Priority Mail).

You will have an opportunity to verify, in person, the truth of everything in the ad prior to completing the transaction. Any offer or agreement will be contingent upon your personal inspection of the item for sale. If you feel you need to back out of the deal because the item is not as advertised, you may do so without penalty; I will not leave a negative iTrader rep. However, if we arrange to meet, it's because you are serious about buying and intend to complete the transaction pending inspection. Our meeting isn't show-and-tell time, where you're trying to decide if the item is a good fit for you. Also, I am not out to screw anyone, so if you get it home and discover something horribly wrong, I'll do my best to make good. By the same token, I expect you to be honest with me. If you get it home and your kid breaks it on the first day, don't try to get me to believe I sold it to you like that. In all other respects, the item is being sold as-is with no warranty expressed or implied.

Cash, Cashier's Check, or money order. NO PERSONAL CHECKS. If we come to an agreement, please bring the agreed-upon amount. I can't make change and I will not accept a lower bid at the time of our meeting. If you try to short me, you go home empty-handed, I leave you negative iTrader rep, and you and I never conduct business again. Yes, this has happened to me after a price was agreed-upon. Low-balling at the time of meeting because "I just couldn't get to the bank" seems to be a common scamming tactic and I'm not having any more of it, so I'm telling you up front that the price and conditions that we agree upon are what I expect you to honor.

Please plan to be more-or-less on-time (+/- 15 minutes or so) for our meeting. I'm a reasonable guy and I understand that life happens, but if I'm waiting around for you for an hour and scratching my head, wondering where you are, with no text, phone call, or a reasonable explanation for why you're running late, then we have a problem. I hate to sound like a jerk about it, but I'm getting tired of driving all over town, wasting gas and my time, just to get screwed on a deal.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom